Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ever thought about doing a remmington box for your aps shotgun?

Your work is incredible as always. Please tell me you take these things to games and take off bands before you play.

The ppq is meant in the real one to have a really nice trigger as well. Also your serial number made me giggle.

Yes I did actually. However most rifle boxes are very uninspiring cardboard boxes, as is the 870's. Also due to the size and cardboard print it would be very hard to replicate. And I can't see myself sourcing a real one as it would just be too much work and cumbersome for it to be worth it.

Haha! Unfortunately no, but that would be pretty epic :D

I will do that next time! :P

Thanks for the support mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
First serious attempt at replicating the graphics background and effects etc. Considering my limited and low res reference images, it's passable, but needs some additional work.

Everything is made from scratch as vector graphics etc.! No raster graphics copied from reference pics.

Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and some magic :D

And yes, it's too dark right now!

fnx_reg_card_1st_attempt.jpg

Haha. This was a preview WIP with temp font. I have fixed it.

But ,how could you miss the crossed out zeros ? :P

And non Serif numbers.

Also, comparing semi- digital photo to ultra crisp digital copy is hard. I have learnt from experience how it should look in digital to turn out alright in print.

So it will be fine!

Trust in my OCD skills mate!

Got some work done...

Registration card is still WIP.

The others are pretty much final.

The thing is those labels are printed by dedicated on-site production line label printers. And they have a very particular type of "font" and output of characters. Something that can't really be fully replicated with commercial desktop fonts. So it's close enough :D

fnx_serial_label_replica.png

fnx_envelope_replica.png

fnx_packed_by_replica.png

fnx_reg_card_replica_wip.png

Lower case "p" on pistol.

I saw that, and I cannot live with having a lower case p on there, haha. It was a conscious decision to change it. It just makes my OCD go bananas :P

Sometimes the manufacturers are not always "right" :P

Like the S&W registration card missing point #11 on the back.

It follows the same standard as the S&W M&P spent casing envelope and they have a big P so.

Also spotted some minor things after stepping back from it for a day so I will update.

Yay-o!  :D

nx_fnx_project_rs_case.JPG

Got mah stuff in the mail today!  :D

RS backstraps fit without mods, but are very tight at the top, due to interfacing with the back end of the hammer housing. You would probably have to sand that down a bit to make it easier. I had to hammer the backstrap in place. And I will have to remove the hammer housing to get it off again  :P

RS magazine release spring also worked after bending it a little bit.

So, FNX 45 Project RS Case is about 90% completed now. Just have to finish up the labels and registration card!

Special thanks go out to aznriptide859, rusTORK and DJ_komodo

Archived