Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, did some work today.

Sig Sauer Grip Seal Ribbons, updated, three versions

sigsauer_ribbon_Seal_mass_production2.jpg

Me gusta! :D

Made one sheet for each color, unique numbers on them.

Sig Sauer WARNING tag, three versions

sigsauer_read_manual_tag_final2.jpg

I can't figure out if it's suposed to be both sides bold, both sides regular, or front bold and rear regular. I prefer the latter myself. Guess I can print all of them :D

Also, ordered some arts and crafts material yesterday, various thickness and gloss paper, some string, sheets of A4 label paper (will print and custom cut), hole punch (for the hole in the above cards), two markings pens for signatures, and some ziploc bags for the pistol locks.

Ooooh yeah ! I am liking this. It's almost at the point where I want to slow down the process so it can last longer, because honestly, after this, what am I gonna do...

Got some materials in today!

HP Gloss 150g paper, was gonna use it for the Sig warning tags, but 150g is too thin IMO, maybe I can use it for something else.

Sticker label paper, both plain paper and polyester ones (premium! :D ), gonna be nice to make some test prints and cuts of labels finally!

Also found a proper source for the correct material for the spent casing envelopes, will order that as well. Maybe a little over the top but dang this OCD, I have to ! :o

So yeah, gonna get my *albatross* in gear and finalize all Sig materials this weekend and do test prints next week. Should be pretty sweet!

Can I get a hellz yeah! :D

Oh, and don't forget, if you want any of this stuff, feel free to let me know and I can send it for a minimal fee (customized to your liking). As I won't be using all the stuff for myself I will have some to share if you want.

Got some supplies in today.

220g white paper, pooh, front and back have different textures, unusable. Luckily I found paper in house that I can use, so these will be sent back.

160g blue paper, same as above. No replacement. Blue card is obsolete, the referense pic was for an old S&W revolver anyways so.

Hole punch, string, marking pens and corner cut jig all look promising :)

stuff.JPG

Oh yeah. I ordered the M&Ps as well. As soon as I get them and have their serial numbers the material for M&P, P228 and Glock 17 will be produced, first print kind of test print, hopefully I won't have to tweak too much :)

M%2526P_order.png

Forgot to say, payment to Springfield finally made its way thru. Two credit cards and two bank transfers later... :o

But they have been good all the way thru still. Shipping out today. So hopefully I get that case as an early Christmas gift for myself :)

Also got the envelope bags in for the material for the spent casing envelopes. :D

Just got a couple envelopes done with the new material. Appart from the Glock envelope which matches my old style material better, this looks better for the S&W envelope;

New envelopes

prsc_new_env_001.JPG

Material comparison, old to the left, new to the right

prsc_new_env_003.JPG

Source materials... I got plenty!

prsc_new_env_005.JPG

So, I couldn't help myself. I had to make a pre-preview mock up with the prints I had laying around.

Sig Sauer P228 case

prsc_p229_pr_002.JPG

Sig Sauer P228 case barcode stickers, as I suspected the radial edge cuts will be difficult to get nice and even, the edge cutter I got has too wide of a radius for these labels

prsc_p229_pr_001.JPG

Sig Sauer P228 grip seal ribbon and warning tag

prsc_p229_pr_003.JPG

Close up of warning tag and string, standard 80g paper used, production one will be 220-250g

prsc_p229_pr_004.JPG

Rear side of tag, signature in place, unfortunatly it bled thru to the other side due to the thin paper used...

prsc_p229_pr_005.JPG

Ribbon close up

prsc_p229_pr_006.JPG

I'm kind of starting to doubt if this will turn out as good as I had expected and hoped. But I think it's just the pre-preview mock ups making me feel that way. Hopefully with better paper materials and real stickers and high quality print and some more attention to detail when cutting this it will turn out alright...

:o

So I got my delivery in today of my two WE M&Ps. First impression is actually "...mweh?". Not as blown away by it out of the box as I was by the F228. Might just be that I have been waiting so long that my excitement for this pistol has gone away... It didn't feel as good in the hand as I had imagined, I thought it would be "like a glove", but it was more like an FN 5-7 with the very long side profile of the grip. Will take some getting used to.

Small backstrap went on straight away, the others are too fat (wide) for me. Night sights / Glow in the dark sights, are a joke. Look like *suitcase*, work like *suitcase*. Gotta fix those ASAP.

Other than that, overall, it looks decent enough, but like I said, not the "Wow, holy *suitcase* this is nice" out of the box experience. Will have to fiddle with it over the weekend and get a better feel for it.

The tan is definatly more brownish than tan, will take some pics under controlled conditions this weekend.

Here are some videos;

Yeah

I think he means you have far too much time on your hands.

I appreciate the effort thats gone into it, looks really good. Though I think when this is done you need to get your self out to a bar and find a nice female!

Exactly. I don't mean to be a jerk either, the people answering on this thread have been extremely nice to you NonEx!

And everyone does what they want, I just think this last project isn't very interesting at all, and you are not even happy with it. You could put your obsessive personality to better use making more custom and unique projects.

Can't you buy real firearms in Sweden? You could just had gotten the real thing if you wanted perfect display pieces. And to be honest, I just googled "boxed SigSauer P226", and THIS showed up. That's what I'd do if for whatever reason I wanted to see a boxed SigSauer, why would it be interesting or special to see and Airsoft gun taken pictures of in that setting, when the internet's full of the real thing, in a more accurate even setting?

I think you wouldn't be satisfied even if you got the real thing.

Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

Update;

Finally got my Springfield Armory XDM case in the mail today, WOOO HOOO! Only took me 1½ months, two declined card payments, and two money wire payment attempts. But I have to say their customer service rep. has been great. Best one of all the ones I had to deal with. So here are some pics;

xdm_case_01.jpg

xdm_case_02.jpg

xdm_case_03.jpg

xdm_case_04.jpg

xdm_case_05.jpg

So, everything looks and fits perfectly. Even the holster and mag holder is like A GLOVE ! :D Love it ! :)

Also, here are some pics of the M&P pistols in their boxes;

sw_case_01.jpg

sw_case_02.jpg

sw_case_04.jpg

Sorry about the pooh iPhone pics, will get better pics for the final results of course !

Sorry guys about the confusion of the holster. It isn't BladeTech, it's the S&W range kit that comes with that, these are some Springfield branded holster and mag holders, but regardless, if these ones fit the airsoft pistols, I guess most if not all RS would to!

Tiny update... Been busy with Christmas in general and having my identity stolen :o

Haven't really had much peace of mind or focus to work with this, but anyways. Glock stickers are now done... I think :)

glock_17_case_label_final.jpg

I can't decide if the font should be bold or not, I can't tell what the camera that took the referense photo does, there is some distortion to it I guess . :o

Alright guys, it's time to get jelly for reals now!

I bet you all thought I had given up and broken down due to the lack of updates, but oooh noooes... I have been hard at work, and it has paid off! :D

Did some production print tests today, and woop, it is looking GOOD!

As I expected though the friggen radial corner cuts on the labels are a *badgeress* to get smooth without a tool (the one I bought has too large of a radius)... Will have to do some practise.

Also noticed that my info barcode on the M&P labels is not right, so have to look into that.

Springfield envelope should have name stamp in color.

M&P envelopes are incorrect dimensions.

GLOCK envelope could not be printed due to the source paper jamming up the printer, will have to consult my techs at work.

Didn't get the Sig warning tag printed due to a *fruitcage* up with my PDF print files (A3 printed to PDF A4...).

All in all I am fairly satisfied...

So, here we go ! Enjoy!

Sig Sauer grip ribbon seals
ppc_sig_seals_print.jpg

HK Glock 17 GEN3 label
ppc_glock_sticker.jpg

WE Sig Sauer P228 stickers
ppc_sig_stickers.jpg

Sig Sauer warranty front
ppc_sig_warranty_front.jpg

Sig Sauer warranty rear
ppc_sig_warranty_back.jpg