Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Never hurts to be careful. :)

Running green gas should be fine in sub 60 degree temps...even then..if it works fine with duster at that temp..why not run it like that? Low velocity...but itll work.

Id think that clipping the "pin" inside the flute valve would significantly increase the velocity the mp7 puts out.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

Remember its not just pressure, the bolt moves faster back and forth with propane also...faster = more energy being dissipated on impact.I think this kind of breakage is actually caused by impact of some sort seeing it seems to originate from a sharp corner...

Seems consistent to the kind of breakage you see on other TM nozzle running propane though. All the Hi-Capa nozzle I've cracked is not dissimilar to this...

Im aware of that RM. I made no mention of it cause it was implied for me and I'm sure it was to a few people who has a better idea as to what effects higher pressure gasses have on the system.

Breakage is also similar to glock nozzles as well. The crack starts at the point the nozzle "stop" starts.

On a side note...a lil bit of good news for me.

picsay-1352474858.jpg

Next week ill have my other blaster. Yay!

Maybe I'll do an unboxing and a review (pretty much go over what I already talked about on here)....not likely but I may do it. Who knows.

Apparently Echigoya read about what happened to my nozzle. Mr. Kashino sent me an email asking me for the part number of the nozzle so he can get a replacement from Marui for me. Wow! How long that may take, I have no idea but I'm excited about getting my other MP7 back up. Talk about customer service. :)

Aside from that, I removed the o-ring behind the back of the nozzle. Low and behold, the bolt carrier went forward farther. The 1.5mm gap went away.

So I'm thinking...maybe the back of the nozzle is a tad on the longer side with the o-ring installed? Maybe. Sanding down the back (properly) would allow for better venting of higher pressure gas. I'm not going to do that nor would I advise it. Just thinking out loud.

Looking at the block that pulls the nozzle back when the carrier moves far back...a buffer could have been I installed on it for better shock adsorption. I was thinking along the lines of those rubber pieces on G&P WOC M4's charging handle end.

I am aware that Marui's are designed to take the stress that 134a/152a puts on the gun (and the materials its made of). No guarantees with other gasses.

Anyhow, I guess I want too much out of the gun. I'm sure I'm not the only one...but, in due time. Reinforced/ improved parts will be available.

Until then...use the TM MP7 GBB exclusively with duster gas. Unless the weather permits use of other gasses. :)

Well seeing as how Echigoya are in Japan they would be able to get spares so that's good. Hopefully they can get it fairly quickly.

Hopefully.

I just posted pics of my failed loading nozzle. Having that air bubble was definitely not good. The nozzle's material is pretty thick. I think it'd have held up had it not for that air bubble.

The hop isn't the thing that sucks (for me). Its the fact that the back of the ksc/kwa mp7 cracks off. As far as I know, there's no known replacement available for it. That is a concern for me as it does get hot in California during summer. Ill hold off on my verdict as to which one is better. There's pros and cons for everything.

Also...keep note that the recommended propellant for the marui mp7 is 134a. Ksc's also recommend 134a. Those two brands are similar in its retail price.

Kwa mp7 is definitely the best value for the price. In the US, it costs $255 or so....far cheaper than the $381 one would need to have to get the marui mp7. And it takes higher pressure gas better (from my experience)...until you blow the back of the polymer receiver out (seen it happen to a number of kwa mp7's). Ill have to ask a tech of a local airsoft store to see how frequent busted receivers come in for repairs in our area here in California.

More often than not...things boil down to two things...whether you can afford it...and which one you like better.

Trademarks aren't a deal breaker for me personally. Plus the kwa mp7 is readily available in the US. With the holiday season coming, id expect sales of 20% off on a black Friday to happen. That would knock about $50 off of a kwa mp7 which retails for about $255 here. Paired with free shipping on orders of $99....that's $205 fora kwa mp7. Ksc Taiwan would run significantly more after shipping.

Then again, not everyone is from the US.

Pretty much. Plus if the back of the receiver breaks...just buy another kwa mp7. You can still use however many mags you have! Cheaper than crossing over to the marui platform.

I like tm hop and I prefer plastic feed lips over metal ones. Gas efficiency isnt a concern for me. My lone requirement for gas efficiency is that the gun shoots all the bbs loaded into the mag. When I reload with bbs...then I top off with gas.

About the folding grip, if its too wobbly and is a deal breaker...switch over to the other platform...or get the hammerson/fma forward under rail for the mp7.

Theres definitely a lot to consider on whether to get the marui or keep the ksc/kwa. Bothbguns have their up-sides...and down-sides. Even with my broken nozzle...I still prefer the marui over the kwa.

I <3 accuracy and range.

I sold my KSC MP7 because:

- Mags being unreliable. Even after I fill my 6 mags up, there is always one which so happens to only fire off half a mag before it runs dry, usually in the middle of a firefight. The non-leak valve would often rid itself of the non-leak O-ring.

- I couldn't sling it. The sling mount tabs were fragile and at that time the rear rail mounted sling point for the KSC MP7 didn't exist.

- It has no kick. Feels like an overpowered AEP.

Accuracy was never an issue for me, after hop rubber mods and removing the hop adjustment graduation It was more accurate than a bolt action VSR10/L96 at 60m.

I would be keen on the Marui if it can achieve the same performance as the KSC without all the pitfalls.

The marui mp7 shoots pretty well with duster, so need be it I'll just use duster for the time being until upgraded nozzles start coming out. I was considering getting the hammerson rail for my mp7, but I'm kinda digging the stock vfg so I may decide not to.

This thread needs more eyecandy.

img4407vc.jpg

• Like 2

The marui mp7 shoots pretty well with duster, so need be it I'll just use duster for the time being until upgraded nozzles start coming out. I was considering getting the hammerson rail for my mp7, but I'm kinda digging the stock vfg so I may decide not to.

This thread needs more eyecandy.

img4407vc.jpg

Finally!

Is the valve knocker assembly the same in function as pretty much all TM handguns? If so you could simply file it down some to restrict flow giving you less output in both muzzle energy and blow back while still using (cheaper) propane.

Interesting. Have you done this before? I could always increase the velocity by modifying the flute valve.

Not feeling that adventurous...but definitely interesting thought.

Modifying the floating valve only changes muzzle output. Modifying the valve knocker changes both muzzle output and blow back. I've done this on a couple 5-7's and my Detonics primarily because they were recoiling too much (more so on the 5-7) on propane/green gas and the cost of 134a is about double.

Theoretically, it's also possible to control output by placing a shim under the magazine gas route rubber with a smaller sized hole to restrict flow. Would be easier and reversible though you have to do it to all your mags.