Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Seriously, context?

A guy comes onto a forum on a specific post about a particular MP7, to say, "It broke on 134a", is considered trolling? Unlikely to be true yes, but really? If that comment bothers you, then you really have been on this forum for too long.

In contrast: "I smell a troll", is trolling. And yes, it is innocent until proven guilty.

------------------------------------------

Back to the MP7:

I hypothesise that the reason the nozzle broke is due to the stresses of the O-ring pushing the nozzle more forward than usual so that the bolt doesn't fully return. This means that the bolt is stopped by applying additional forces onto the nozzle which is why it breaks. If that is the case, removing the O-ring at the rear of the cylinder and ensure the bolt returns fully forward would fix the issue.

Of course I will need to buy an MP7 to test it, but given I just bought a house and I have yet to kit out my WE AKM with sufficient mags, it may be a while :S

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

I would think the O-ring would be there to damped in going back into battery, so it would probably get damaged in some other way if you remove it. I think sn00py adressed it a few pages back.

Oh well. Why am I even in here I don't care about the MP7... oh yeah, I'm the mother*fruitcage*ing troll police bitches ! :P

Yeah it would dampen the return, but seriously no other GBB has had the O-ring because the forces from the nozzle return spring is much less than the bolt slamming onto the nozzle.

It wouldn't hurt to try it. At lease we can find the true issue and saves future spending on overpriced replacement parts which don't fix the problem and introduce new ones.

It was only on Arnies that the issues with the WE AK74UN were highlighted that I modified (dremelled a few points) my WE AK PMC, now 2000 rounds on its stock firing pin and trigger set and still no issues.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I'll get pictures sorted soon guys and thanks for the support no need for more faecal stirring among ourselves. I'll put my case to bed with a photo :)

Hazarding a guess, this nozzle problem may be known to TM. The o-ring behind the nozzle is a bit special, I don't recall seeing that in any GBB me or my friends have every owned and it's purpose would appear to be reducing the shock on the nozzle when returning to battery. It is also telling that with the o-ring removed the bolt returns fully to battery rather than stopping just short, suggesting that the o-ring was added too late in development to change design or maybe even molds.

PS. I'm glad to see you weren't offended enough to just turn and leave arnies. Good on you mate. Some members need to learn some manners.

• Like 1

20121122_214138.jpg

Piston lid placement without o-ring

20121122_214319.jpg

Piston lid placement with o-ring in place.

Notice how the piston lid protrudes into the gas input window. I'm sure that may affect how the bolt carrier functions.

If the nozzle was made shorter up front, then the bolt carrier should move farther forward. This will also allow for the nozzle to move forward farther when blowing back. The "farther forward" placement of a shorter nozzle should also allow for more space for the pressure to bleed/blow out.

I'll get pictures sorted soon guys and thanks for the support no need for more faecal stirring among ourselves. I'll put my case to bed with a photo :)

Thank you, that is all we needed.

If we had a picture in the first place, or even a bit more info then that would have been great.

As to the rest of you, get a grip seriously, it is one thing to pass of a comment of 'oh my TM broke on Green' as fine, but when someone points out a new poster that jumps on and said 'oh my gun broke on 134a, here is no proof' then what do you expect? And Non-Ex, my seniority makes no difference, my post count makes no difference, it is still my opinion. If you want to jump on to a thread and say, 'hey this doesn't work' and not give us any reason or proof then great, but seriously if you can't see the point then why bother retaliating, but alas I grow weary of having to spend time posting in threads responding to people like yourself.

I will leave you all to this thread as really it is just getting silly and we have enough threads that have fallen apart due to issues between members. If you have such a desperate problem with what I have said or my posting style then fine, use the PM system if it really, really bothers you so, I am sure I can find ten minutes out of my day to actually reply if you send me a message.

As for the MP7, I am still suprised that we don't have people scouring the forums, looking for these issues then jumping off to some company and saying 'hey something doesn't work in a potentially popular gun, lets make a part to fix that' and thus fill the gap in the non-Japanese market that TM create. I mean one issue, with Green on a very hot day can be put down to experience, but if someone can prove without a doubt that 134a damaged it on an average day then that really does call for a part to be made, or in fact for TM to really look into it. Surely with a company like TM they must test the designs, certainly a few were as they were used indoors on a shooting range on 134a without issue to show to the customers and wholesalers so it must be tested in that respect alone.

'FireKnife'

Why is there no dislike on this forum...

Because the like / dislike system is one designed for those that have no opinion of their own and no ability to actually express a point by writing it down, but just by clicking a button.

If you want a dislike button and to post complaints, go on Zero In, I am sure you will feel right at home there.

And again to actually post about the gun in hand, seeing as we have quite a bit of negative reports, does anyone have anything they can say that is good about the gun? I know DarkLite seems very happy with his and there must be others out there that are finding it a fun and useful gun to be running. If I had a site that made one feasible and a car that wasn't broken in to I would have one now and be able to test how it does on Ultra in reasonably UK winter temperatures, but alas I don't have the chance to own one which is a shame.

'FireKnife'

I was actually just coming back to edit my post and say I shouldn't have posted that, since it didn't really add anything, but since you feelt the need to comment.

Your behaviour and attitude on this forum is astonishing, how you can keep on doing it, keep on getting away with it, and then come back in a thread (or any thread where you post nonsense and get called out on it) where you are completely shut down by reason and rant your way out of it with more nonsense (or so you think in your mind) is absolutely insane. Rinse and repeat day in and day out...

FYI I have reported your post where you accused Xtcy of being a troll and asked a mod to review this thread and what went down here and comment or take other necessary actions. I can't stand this anymore.

Edited by NonEx

FYI I have reported your post where you accused Xtcy of being a troll and asked a mod to review this thread and what went down here and comment or take other necessary actions. I can't stand this anymore.

Well thank you for actually having the guts to post that, most just hit report then don't bother until I or others have to listen to the mods.

And if you think I am worried why, I posted a comment about how I felt, the user could have taken much better steps to actually say 'here is my gun, this is the problem and what has happened' with a bit of evidence or description. Putting 'my gun broke on 134a in a similar fashion' is not good evidence, when said user comes back and puts up a picture or other evidence I will gladly accept that they have a broken gun, on 134a, and then discuss about the issues and how best to look at resolving them, or adding to discussions when an improved part comes along, which I hope for those that do have a broken gun is soon.

Again if you desperately have an issue then PM me about it, don't waste space on a forum post that could be more useful, in fact the only reason I am posting here is as you feel the need to keep on repeatedly posting your responses in the threads and not on PM when you have an issue with a user, why I am not sure but you do. And now seeing as you have reported this and put it up for review I also feel the need to actually provide a post in this thread to point out the issues that you seem to be creating, seeing as I don't know which mod will review this and can't discuss it directly with them, unless of course they wish to, in which case they will PM me and we can chat about it away from other threads that could be filled with more useful information.

I hate to bring this point back up again but if you really, really have an issue with this then by all means send me a PM, we can discuss it there, if however you just add another post that adds nothing to the thread, something I have tried to do sans this one, then you are proving that I am not the issue here. If you still have an issue, PM me ok.

'FireKnife'

Common folks, the point of the forum is to discuss things not to fight or argue. I have no wish to start to moderate everything that's gone on here unless it's necessary.

"Be nice" that's the one rule I'd like everyone to strive to follow. Remember a new user could be someone with a malicious intent or it could be someone that simply doesn't know the rules or how the forum works. If there's a problem or suggestion of an issue developing hit the report button and we can monitor users or topics.

There's no "dislike" button as it was abused. Any form of negative feedback system (and this includes comments) always ends up being abused.

I just said I'd post up here after inari pointed me to the thread, I got my tm mp7 on Thursday along with 2 spare mags from ehobbyasia, I skirmishes with it Friday evening and today using cybergun aps 3 gas, chrono readings were coming in around .92 joul. Accuracy is very good with tight groupings at 35 metres that's the longest corridor at the cqb site at ambient temp of 5 to 7 degrees celcius

When using the gun I did keep the mags warm in my pockets and found it a dream to shoot, very crisp with a very nice recoil, I was only really using it on semi auto, I did a few small full auto bursts when testing and was able to empty a full mag on full auto, but... The gas had nearly run out, but on semi I was getting two and abit mags out of each fill of gas

Also the silencer adaptor with is was a nice touch and a tracer unit works great with it

There's a nice weight to it and everything feels really solid, even with the stock fully extended there were no issues with wobble, same with the front grip, but the gun is still nice and nimble and very well balanced

The hop is very easy to access and adjust it only needed a small tweek to work perfectly with king arms 0.25's

I'll have to get some vids up of it shooting, but overall I'm delighted

Only complaint I have with it is I need more mags....

I also just want to point out is that I'm not one of these tm is perfect players, but I have to say this is a quality piece, should the nozzle break on mine I'll happily upgrade it and use this gun, it was great fun in cqb anyway not sure how it would do outdoors, but need more mags before trying that out, also I have to be concerned as an Irish user that during our summer it will be over our 1 joule on green gas and the lower power gases are hard to get here

• Like 1

also I have to be concerned as an Irish user that during our summer it will be over our 1 joule on green gas and the lower power gases are hard to get here

AIrsofteire and airsoftguns.ie both sell 144a (same as 134a), but it's a wee bit pricey at 13 a bottle (without postage).

AIrsofteire and airsoftguns.ie both sell 144a (same as 134a), but it's a wee bit pricey at 13 a bottle (without postage).

Pretty much why I thought of modifying the valve knocker to run propane at near 134a specs. Again, though, I haven't done it on an MP7, just two types of TM pistols. But given how similar they all work, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't .

Got word from echigoya Bout my replacement nozzle being inbound. When I get it, I may consider taking material off of the valve striker so I can use propane. All 8 of my mags are fully charged with 134a gas still. Haha! Another magazine will be inbound hopefully in a couple of days.

Removed .40 mm off of the valve striker. No real noticeable fps difference between the modified and stock mp7. I may need to take off more material.

This time around...the bottle of propane was left outside where its currently 50 degrees F according toy phone. At that temp, psi of propane (what I was using) is around 77 psi. Psi of 134a at 70 and 80 degrees F are 70 and 86 respectively.

At this temp, the gun should run fine. Them again temp also affects sturdiness of material ( for exple...some metals become more brittle at temps close to freezing).

A tad hesitant on sanding down the striker as that part is not replaceable plus I don't think its a high wear and tear part to warrant making a reinforced part for it.

I may change my mind. Who knows.

Btw...takedown is not a pain in a butt. Remove the trigger pin....the selector...and bolt catch..the internal metal frame which includes the hop inner barrel assembly will slide out with a little coaxing.

Used mine last night in an indoor CQB game. It's HK winter now, so about 22-23C outside (shock horror, so cold -_-"). I was using mine on green gas.

Verdict: *fruitcage*BUGGERING AWESOMEPANTS

I used it in semi only mostly, and it was easily able to run nearly two mags worth of gas. On full auto, you can do a magdump easily, though it will exhibit some cool down around shot 25, but still finish and lock back on shot 40.

Range was excellent, accuracy was good, nice tight groupings on full auto. I had a clone T-1 and a clone Surefire miniscout light, a set up I found very helpful in the dark bits.

Several good tabs with it, and it was loud enough for people to really, really, not want to get close. :D

No nozzle issues so far!

• Like 1

Hmm...

That sounds strange.

But doesn't the flow of gas and cycle operation more depend on the valve reset knocker. I mean, the gas will flow from the magazine until it cycles and resets the valve reset knocker. I think you should try to mod the floating valve instead.

1.3mm sound slike alot.

Is there extra material on the valve knocker, ie. it is able to over extened and the slack is taken up inside of the tirgger mech spring assembly ? :o

Well on site again today, and got a chance to game again this afternoon and no issues at all, about 9 mags worth of bbs through it on green gas and no issues at all, so hopefully the issues over the nozzle failure are just a few isolated incidents, as I know 3 other people after buying them