Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Next kydex inserts were 5mm longer. As a result, the feed lip of the mag does not come into contact with the bottom. The kydex surrounding it protects it from possible damage. The lip midway through the magazine sits flush against the kydex so when the mag gets put in...it wont wobble around as much. Now I just have to get a chest rig done.

Are these kydex inserts on the market or custom-made by yourself?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

DL, could you fill us in on the power change when you upgrade to the tightbore and W-Hop? :)

Is your MP7 doing right around 340-50 FPS with .20g BBs at around 20C (stock) with green gas/propane too?

wikinerd, The Kydex inserts were home cooked by myself. The retention of these are awesome. On my belt rig, it budge when I'm doing some bouncing around. When I draw em, it doesn't have any excessive pull on my rig....just good positive overall retention and a smooth pull when drawn.

Kydex inserts have been sent off to my buddy at HeadOn Tactical. He's building me a rig for the MP7. I ended up opting for a 5x MP7 Mag Chest Rig with 2x Pistol Mag Pouches (one on the left, the other on the right of the MP7/SMG Mag Pouches) in Coyote. He's out of Multicam at the moment. As far as fabrics go, he's currently got RG, CB, Black, Atacs (Desert) on hand.

Not sure about how advertising on here goes but here's his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HeadOnTactical

There's real steel spec, and there's airsoft spec. He's already made a hip pouch with measurements of a TM MP7 GBB mag in mind so he can make the pouches just right (not too loose, not too tight) so there's no unnecessary play when the magazines are placed in the pouches.

Got a couple of ToySoldier BALCS cut soft armor in small thats going to be resized. Their specs are off compared to the real version. Size small is more like size medium and being on the shorter side of the fence (height wise), I'd like to have a better fitting rig. Those TMC Low Vis Paca carriers are huge...even for people over 6 feet tall. I'm getting one of those re-sized to they could house the dummy soft armor (which measures 13" from the lower arch of the neck cut out to the bottom/waist). Then I wont have an issue about the rig hiking up my neckline when I crouch. Its not a service he normally provides...more like a project for him and well, business. No need to settle for "as close to my size" with him around.

Anyhow, enough plugging. Pics when the rig gets made :P

After reading this I'm pleased I'm not going mad! I've had real problems when inserting a fresh mag and cocking the gun. It doesn't matter how hard you pull back the charging handle. It only works perhaps 10% of the time. I now have to rack the gun with no mag in, and then insert the mag before it will fire. I'm really disappointed with TM for such design flaws.

I've noticed that the bolt returns noticeably slower with the selector in safe. Also when the mags are loaded to capacity the bolt will often fail to return completely to battery. I solve this problem by loading the mags and making sure there is one bb's worth of slack in the follower spring, and also by making sure to not ride the cocking handle forwards.

• Like 1

Take a look at this part on the nozzle:

19.jpg

Apparently Marui had to do a quick diagonal cut on it to prevent jams.

Since the cut is pretty crude and rough, there have been some reports that it was causing problems with loaded mags, and solution is to sand the rough surface smooth.

Edited by mh78

They are selling original loading nozzels at red wolf, but if you are deciding between this or the KSC/KWA version with the improved hop system, go KWA, they are built better, I have held and shot the two of them and the Kwa version is better looking, has better durability, shoots harder, and wont *fruitcage* break!!!

Edited by icolater

######.

I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wobbles when extended, it is shiny and plasticy, the nozzle loves to jump its retraction springs and jam unless you superglue them in place and the "trades" are *fruitcage* awful.

The tm looks nicer, feels more solid, performs better in terms of accuracy, range, trigger response, recoil, stock adjustment and most crucially, being able to buy spare mags.

• Like 4

Its good to have a spare nozzle or two. Thing is that there's no guarantees that it will hold up any better. I say wait for Guarder to come out with a reinforced nozzle...then it'll be made with better material that's able to withstand higher pressure gasses. Good find though icolater :)

To date, the only thing that people have been complaining about has been broken nozzles. DarkLite's seems to hold up just fine. I'm sure other people's guns hold up on green gas. Mine unfortunately didn't which led me to modifying my valve striker.

So far, my gun has held up with propane and 50-60F and I'm getting about 340-50 FPS with .20g BBs at that temp.

I'd wait for Guarder to come up with their own reinforced loading nozzles. Even if it may cost a bit more...it should be more durable than the OEM one.

Takedown and a quick putback of the TM MP7's mechanical assembly which includes the inner barrel/hop assembly can be done in as little as 15 minutes...maybe even 10. Its pretty darn easy!

There's some footage on my PC from my GoPro which just says it all - I'm able to hit, on my first shot (and all the successive shots), the bell of a disabled firealarm (approx 4 inches in diameter) at 10m with my MP7, whilst my friend, standing next to me with her KWA MP7, can only manage 3/5 shots on target.

20121215_222713.jpg

Yay for moar kydex inserts.

Buddy at HeadOn Tactical said that they will be working on my MP7 rig tomorrow. I should have it ready some time next week. It'll have 5 MP7 mag pouches in the center and 2 pistol mag pouches (one on the left side, one on the right side). It'll be in Coyote Brown 1000D Cordura fabric. He's building the pouches around the previous set of kydex inserts I sent him. I have a couple of kydex inserts for my G17 magazines that will need some trimming when I get my MP7 rig from HOT.

I'll be running an idea by him about another chest rig. I'm thinking of having it set up so it took double mag pouches (four of them) up front, a double pistol mag over on the right side (I shoot lefty) and a 4" x 6" (h x l) pouch for other stuff....that pouch will have an elastic keeper in it (divided into 2 parts...splitting the 6" elastic into two 3" keepers). Instead of an X harness, I'm thinking about opting for an H harness...or have him make a back panel for a small hydration pouch. Maybe when he gets more multicam fabric in.

Yeah. These ones are based off of em :) those kywi m4 pouches has a crapload of retention though. So far the kydex inserts that I've been making has pretty good retention for airsoft purposes. Jumping aaroundand shaking my butt doesn't kick out any of the mags. No john woo action rolls for me though. Haha.

There's some footage on my PC from my GoPro which just says it all - I'm able to hit, on my first shot (and all the successive shots), the bell of a disabled firealarm (approx 4 inches in diameter) at 10m with my MP7, whilst my friend, standing next to me with her KWA MP7, can only manage 3/5 shots on target.

What happens if you swap?