Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

KSC taiwan version is the king of airsoft gbb mp7s IMO, better materials and better made then the toyish tm version (just look at the seem lines on the maruis controles FOR SHAME) cheaper then the marui version, has all the trades, with new hop just as accurate as marui version, designed for green gas ( so it wont blow its loading nozzel after 50 rounds), shoots harder (there are means of limitation). Even Stevey Wonder can see that the KSC version looks miles better then the toyishy tm version.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

KSC taiwan version is the king of airsoft gbb mp7s IMO, better materials and better made then the toyish tm version (just look at the seem lines on the maruis controles FOR SHAME) cheaper then the marui version, has all the trades, with new hop just as accurate as marui version, designed for green gas ( so it wont blow its loading nozzel after 50 rounds), shoots harder (there are means of limitation). Even Stevey Wonder can see that the KSC version looks miles better then the toyishy tm version.

Actually, though the new KSC/KWA hop-up vastly improves range compared to the old ball-bearing hop and puts it on a par with TM range, having shot a TM hicapa next to a KWA HK45 (with the new hop), accuracy is still not as good as the TM. It is still miles better than the old KSC ball bearing hop-up, though.

Additionally, you're right in that the texture on the polymer KSC/KWA used is much nicer to the touch than the TM. However, the KWA/KSC is a lot shinier than the TM and the selector switch, stock and frontend cap are unpleasantly wobbly on the KWA/KSC.

Also, on the nozzle issue: Mine has had nearly 3000 rounds through it, bone stock. In Hong Kong, in ambient temperatures of about 20-35C. No nozzle failure. No one in HK, in fact, has had a documented nozzle failure. There have been some, but very, very few. The KSC Japan version blows nozzles like no tomorrow on green gas, the KWA and KSC Taiwan versions instead had the nozzle return springs jump off the nozzle unless you superglued them on, and then the rear of the receiver occasionally blew out instead.

Though the TM has ONE issue - the nozzle - the KSC/KWA is far from bulletproof.

As for power? The TM MP7 does 330-350fps with green, depending on temperature. The KSC taiwan versions do 400-420fps with green in the same temperature range. I'm fairly sure I know which one I would like to use for CQB.

• Like 3

QFT

Seriously, I don't get why so many people claim that the TM version is superior.  It's not just that the KSC version looks better, but Also the KSC has higher glass content in the body, making it more ridgid.  It also has less travel resistance (thus there's much less recoil) and it's therefore more gas efficient.

The claims to better accuracy are more magical TM hopup hype than reality.  Taking apart the hopup chamber on the KSC, you can see that it's very similar to a Marui design.

The claims to better accuracy are more magical TM hopup hype than reality.  Taking apart the hopup chamber on the KSC, you can see that it's very similar to a Marui design.

Have you actually shot TM MP7?

Cos if you have you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

TM MP7 is absolutely amazing in terms of accuracy, better than any gbbr I've ever shot.

As for recoil, lack of it in KSC MP7 was what turned me off, since it was really weak that I might as well just use aeg MP7 then.

• Like 1

Personal preference. Marui's and KSC/KWA has its pros and cons.

Personally, I dont like the dinky nozzle return springs on the KSC/KWA's...I don't like how its a pain in the butt to change buckings on KSC/KWA's. I don't like the magazine feed lips on the KSC/KWA magazines. The KSC/KWA's stock isn't as sturdy...nor does it have extra notches (granted you could buy a kit to get this feature). I've seen plenty of KWA MP7 receivers break (the area around the end cap pins)...receivers are irreplaceable and it gets in the 90-100+ degrees out here. Yes, we play at those kinds of temps. Believe it or not, I don't like the o-rings in the fill valve. I don't like how the hop is a little too much or not quite enough to get to the sweet spot (bb spec helps out with this). I don't like how shiny the KSC/KWA MP7's are...Swollen hop buckings...don't want to deal with em

I do love the gas efficiency on the KSC/KWA's. I like how the bb follower locks into place. I like how the window for the bb follower notch is more closed. I like the action of the bolt.

-------------

With TM's, its easy to take down and reassemble. I like the metal casing in the frame where the pins actually go through...its not proven yet, but this should keep the back receiver from blowing out. I like how the back plate uses a spring for a recoil buffer (whereas its rubber on the KSC/KWA). I like how crisp the selector settings are. The recoil is a lot better with the TM MP7. I also like how you can fine tune the hop to get it to the sweet spot. I like how the LOP on the stock is adjustable as I have shorter arms :P. I like plastic feed lips on the mags as its less likely for the bbs to be marred wen being chambered. I like the matte finish on the TM MP7

I don't like how open the windows is on the TM MP7 magazine. It allows for easier loading/stacking of BBs...but a BB could be shot into the mag..mangling the spring (this happened to my buddy when he ran my TM MP7...unlikely to happen but it did). I don' like how nozzles blow out...some people's have held up, others have not.

Can't exactly get everything I want but the pro's on the TM weigh heavier than the cons for me. The pro's on the KSC/KWA don't outweigh the pro's of the TM version for me. Again, these are all personal preferences.

--------------------

All these isn't about being a fanboy for a specific brand but again....personal preference.

As of late, I've been using the KWA KRISS Vector. At 100 feet, it offers pretty good accuracy...good enough to put my TM MP7 down. Then again I've ran both at the same time as my primary/secondary. At longer distances...I do notice the difference in precision. my TM MP7 has better consistency at longer distances. Between the two, its hard for me to pick which one to run with really...shooting the KWA KRISS is a different experience. The ergonomics is totally new for me...but I digress.

Noted what I like and what I don't like for the TM and KSC/KWA MP7's....its not all the reasons that I have but its the one that sticks out the most and feel like typing out :P

• Like 2

Have you actually shot TM MP7? Cos if you have you wouldn't be saying such nonsense. TM MP7 is absolutely amazing in terms of accuracy, better than any gbbr I've ever shot. As for recoil, lack of it in KSC MP7 was what turned me off, since it was really weak that I might as well just use aeg MP7 then.

I've shot both on multiple occassions on multiple guns.  I also own the KSC Taiwan version and have used it extensively, 2000+ rounds on semi.

One game, a week after the release, we got a chance to compare 3 TM MP7s against 2 KSC versions. 

On semi, there was no noticible difference in accuracy.  In fact, I'd say there was more difference between the individual guns than between the two brands (each gun had a different owner, one owner had both a KSC and TM).  On full, the TM shot worse due to it's much stronger recoil (though it did also vent less gas out the bolt, better timing I guess).  Most people use these things on semi so it's a moot point.

Cool video DarkLite. Thanks!

Just thought I'd add to what has already been discussed. I was at Landwarrior airsoft's shop the other day, asking to see a TM MP7 GBB, but they said that they're last one broke on them. The air nozzle again.

They were trying to do a comparrison video of the MP7 vs KWA Kriss Vector, using Abbey Brut Sniper gas (slightly more powerful than green gas) at room temperature when it happened.

I asked if they'd had any of the other MP7's back with failures, but apparently not, as they only sold a few of them.

I've since read on Facebook that Creation have already released a replacment nozzle for this gun. Anybody picked one up yet?

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/news_detail.php?id=58

Tokyo Model Co are out of stock ($34) and are also selling Creation's enhanced magazine loading lips for $6.30

Hopefully someone here buys the Creation replacement and does a review of how good or bad it is.

I don't see the point in buying a replacement TM nozzle, when their lack of durability seems to be the root-cause of the common fault in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Negative on the creation nozzle. Wgcshop mentioned something about getting reinforced nozzles for the tm mp7a1 gbb a few days back. Its of a different make than creation.

So far, my nozzle has held up with my mod. Then again gaming here has been in temps around 50°F...+/-5. I have about 5k rounds through my gun. Its shooting around 350 fps with .20g bbs at the said temperatures using .20g bbs.

Demoncase went through the issue in a lot of detail - I suggest you read his post in full. The jist of the matter is that if your nozzle is going to blow, it will do so very fast due to the weaker nozzle. It is not endemic to all of the TM MP7's...certainly nor my one at least.

If you have one with a blown nozzle then buy the replacement creation one and let us know how you get on. If you're on the fence about buying one in fear of the nozzle exploding, then buy the creation nozzle at the same time. Sort of a safety net...so to speak.

PS: For anyone who was experiencing the bolt not returning forward enough upon charging or release, it's to do with the magazine sitting a little too high. Put your mag in, then once it's engaged pull it down and heypresto, perfect action :)

Can someone show me how to take out the loading nozzle from the MP7 please?

Mind has blown as well (Propane + NZ summer = bad). Have a Creation loading nozzle on the way, but cannot figure out how to extract the loading nozzle from the bolt group. My manual has also conveniently decide to disappear and leave me in despair.

EDIT: Found it. Uploaded it in case someone is interested in taking a look at it as well:

The part that breaks is MGG1-89 on the lower right corner.

20130122103504.th.jpg

Edited by Amoki

My Creation nozzles have arrived. I have also done a few tests.

1) I can confirm that the Ready Fighter flute valve for VFC MP5 WILL WORK on the Marui MP7 GBBs,

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ready-fighter-power-control-kit-for-vfc-mp5-gbb.html . The Marui MP7 flute valves are longer than the RF power kits.

2) The Creation nozzle, shooting stock, was 350 FPS  on .27 g BBs at 21*c on propane. Since the dimension was virtually identical to the Marui, I would say that's what my Marui was doing prior to catastrophic failure of the nozzle.

After dropping in a RF nozzle, I dropped the FPS to 250 FPS on .27g BBs at 21*C.

A bit concerned about the design of the bolt in general though. The bolt carrier itself is metal. The nozzle (which is where the majority of the impact happens) is ABS (for Marui) or POM (for the Creation nozzle). The way I see it, the majority of the impact force after the bolt is recoiling back will be on the nozzle as it slams back into the barrel extension. Having a BB in the chamber will somewhat mitigate this return force and reduce impact on the nozzle (in other words, dry fire in with the MP7 = BAAAAD idea)... but still, the risk is always there. Nothing stops short of a carbon fibre or aluminium nozzle can guarantee a failure-free nozzle.

Edited by Amoki

Finally had a chance to take out my mp7 for a game. Was awesome to shoot and lots of fun, but has anyone realized how poorly the magazine feeds? I think it's due to marui's finishing on the mag and follower being poorly shaped(too much wobble). It sometimes gets caught and doesn't push up the bbs anymore. I've stripped the mags and cleaned the bb channels and it was dirty as . I suspect it's the spring rubbing off the paint in the bb channel that's causing jams. I lubed the out of the bolt and now everything moves a lot smoother.

Another note, I ran only green gas and my nozzle has not cracked yet.