Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of those on the way. I'm installing it on one of my TM MP7's and will report back with my impressions of it. It might be a little bit as I went cheap on shipping but its inbound. The part wasn't a priority as my other TM MP7 with the modded firing pin probably has about 10k rounds through it and is still chugging. Its going to be summer time soon so that might finally bust my nozzle. Who knows though... 

20130410_135135_zps66dcfdda.jpg?t=136572

Prototype pouch on my DBT FAPC. 

Pouch will get re-done. It'll have a flush top design and constructed for use with kydex inserts as the primary retention for the mag while still allowing for shock cord retention if I ever opt to go that route. It'll allow for the pouch to sit about an inch  higher than how this one is mounted. It'll be pretty slick when it gets done...I should have the finished product within the next week or so.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I can't quite yet put a verdict on the Azimuth loading nozzle. So far, I am unimpressed with the unit I received from WGCshop. Why?

20130412_101958_zps56340252.jpg

What is that?!

20130412_102140_zps693d9dfe.jpg

20130412_102242_zps7d94acfb.jpg

An air bubble.

20121109_133002.jpg

Same area where the OEM nozzle had the air bubble. The only thing going for the Azimuth is how much more resistant it is to impact.

Seeing as the nozzle is clear. You can see how well the piston lid seals against the Azimuth nozzle walls. I applied some 30wt. silicone oil to improve the seal/lubrication between the nozzle wall and piston lid. Sadly, the oil did not contact the inner wall of the piston lid. So did that take away from the function of the gun?

Not exactly. The piston lid is rubber and flares out. When the gas expands, it more than likely pushes the piston lid's edges into the walls of the nozzle to create a better seal. After the nozzle moves all the way forward, the piston lid returns to its original shape which allows for no resistance when the nozzle returns back to battery. That's probably how it should function anyway...probably.

I've only shot a couple of rounds through the gun and so far it cycled fine on semi auto.

Game time tonight. I'll roll with the MP7 and see how well it holds up.

----------------------

The nozzle increased the fps by quite a bit. Normally I was getting 340-50 fps with .20g bbs at about 75 degrees. With the Azimuth nozzle, I was shooting as high as 378 with .25g bbs.

So I clipped down the flute valve spring and I was able to get it down to about 366 with .20g bbs. Which should translate to about 335-340ish fps with .25g bbs. The gun was still shooting too hot for cqb play so instead of clipping more of yhe spring, I replaced the azimuth flute valve with the marui valve. Voila! It dropped the fps down to around 320 fps with .20g bbs...its in the mid to high 70F today temperature wise. When it gets hotter...I should still be shooting under 350 fps with .20g bbs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

TM MP7 arrived yesterday. This thing is really, really loud. Great recoil. Great hop - Hops .25s easily, could probably get .3s out of it as well. Can easily dump a mag with no significant cooldown effects. Solid build, not creaky, as heavy as I'd expect.

Using Abbey Ultra Predator gas or something, apparently it's supposed to be between duster and green/propane in terms of pressure. Hopefully that means I won't get a broken nozzle anytime soon!

Streamlight TLR-1s works well on the left rail, I can trigger the temp-switch as my hand naturally rests on the foregrip.

The one thing I need is pouches. Anyone know where I can find some?

Theres plenty of mp7 pouches that could be had. You can get ones made by TMC and Tyr Tactical. Mayflower makes quad mp7 mag pouches aa well. I buy pouches and chest rigs from HeadOn Tactical...gear built to order per my spec :)

A quick addition to my mini-review; There is definitely an issue with the gun not cocking correctly sometimes.

The probable cause is due to the bolt not being charged in a timely fashion. So:

• Don't cock the gun on safe. bolt travel is noticeably slower if you do; I guess it's because the safety selector is impeding the bolt in some manner. If I cock on safe it occasionally doesn't work. The firing pin thing locks back, but nothing happens when I depress the trigger.
  • When cocking the gun, make sure to let go of the charging handle at the end of its travel. If you let go and let the force of the spring return the bolt, you'll be able to fire every time. If you guide the bolt home with your hand, you'll get issues. I occasionally found the bolt didn't even return the full distance!
  • If the bolt doesn't return fully, you can push the charging handle in a little more and it acts as a sort of forward assist - I'm not sure if this is accurate to the RS equivalent.

@DrAlexanderTobacco: I have found it to be the magazine at fault - it can sit a little higher in the gun, which impedes the bolt. If you insert the magazine, and then pull down on the magazine the gun cocks every time. At least mine does!

• 2 weeks later...

The nozzle increased the fps by quite a bit. Normally I was getting 340-50 fps with .20g bbs at about 75 degrees. With the Azimuth nozzle, I was shooting as high as 378 with .25g bbs.

So I clipped down the flute valve spring and I was able to get it down to about 366 with .20g bbs. Which should translate to about 335-340ish fps with .25g bbs. The gun was still shooting too hot for cqb play so instead of clipping more of yhe spring, I replaced the azimuth flute valve with the marui valve. Voila! It dropped the fps down to around 320 fps with .20g bbs...its in the mid to high 70F today temperature wise. When it gets hotter...I should still be shooting under 350 fps with .20g bbs.

How is the nozzle doing? Im planning on getting the TM MP7 but i am worried about the nozzle. Is the reinforced one from WGC getting the job done with propane/greengas?

Its been holding up like a champ for me. Temps range from 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit. I am using the marui mp7 flute valve and other bit as I find the clear bits inside the nozzle are on the too loose side. I chopped my flute valve spring down to decrease the fps on my MP7.

Ive probably fired as much as 1200-1500 rounds through mine with the azimuth nozzle. Nozzle is still in tact despite the presence of that air bubble. I ended up ordering a second azimuth loading nozzle just to have.

I have since sold my modified Tokyo Marui MP7 GBB...the one that I had been running with all this time as it doesn't have shoot full auto reliably due to the mod. It served its purpose (which was to be ran on semi auto without breaking). Now I want that full auto feature....for games like this:

Just skip to about 2:50 and 5:30. Haha :)