Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Ive probably fired as much as 1200-1500 rounds through mine with the azimuth nozzle. Nozzle is still in tact despite the presence of that air bubble. I ended up ordering a second azimuth loading nozzle just to have.

I have since sold my modified Tokyo Marui MP7 GBB...the one that I had been running with all this time as it doesn't have shoot full auto reliably due to the mod. It served its purpose (which was to be ran on semi auto without breaking). Now I want that full auto feature....for games like this:

I really hope the azimuth will handle full auto. Just ordered my MP7 with all the stuff needed for a devgru setup! Cant wait! Also got 2 azimuth nozzles...

Lets prey it handles it!:)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

Ive probably fired as much as 1200-1500 rounds through mine with the azimuth nozzle. Nozzle is still in tact despite the presence of that air bubble. I ended up ordering a second azimuth loading nozzle just to have.

I have since sold my modified Tokyo Marui MP7 GBB...the one that I had been running with all this time as it doesn't have shoot full auto reliably due to the mod. It served its purpose (which was to be ran on semi auto without breaking). Now I want that full auto feature....for games like this:

Just skip to about 2:50 and 5:30. Haha :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

lol you lit him up at 5:30

Lol...yeah up close.

The other guy got lit up more....haha

Luckily the mods I did to the gun had it shooting around 320-330 fps.

About the weather...another thing to take into account us the trunk of your car. Hot mags will put out higher pressure for propane/green gas. 80-90 degrees would be perfect for using 134a gas though.

Im sticking with propane myself. If the nozzle busts...replace with another nozzle...maybe run 134a. If the gun for some reason busts....buy a new one. Haha.

Azimuth MP7 Nozzle is busted. :(

Same area as before.

Oh well...weather is in the 80-90F range now. I have another Azimuth Nozzle coming in next week. I'm using the stock nozzle for the time being. I'm running duster gas from here on out...until the weather cools down in the fall.

Azimuth MP7 Nozzle is busted. :(

Same area as before.

Oh well...weather is in the 80-90F range now. I have another Azimuth Nozzle coming in next week. I'm using the stock nozzle for the time being. I'm running duster gas from here on out...until the weather cools down in the fall.

Has anyone tried Action`s Reinforced Nozzle?

Never had anything they have ever made, are their other product good or bad?

Might test it out, since nothing else is holding up:P

I havent. I dont see how it would be any better. Based on materials alone, the azimuth was probably the best bet...but it failed.

I will probably be treating pistons as a consumable for this gun. Just buy spare azimuth nozzles for when its time to replace. Annoying but theres no other way around it for the time being...unless you modify the firing pin.

Probably shouldn't have sold my other one. Mehhh

I havent. I dont see how it would be any better. Based on materials alone, the azimuth was probably the best bet...but it failed.

I will probably be treating pistons as a consumable for this gun. Just buy spare azimuth nozzles for when its time to replace. Annoying but theres no other way around it for the time being...unless you modify the firing pin.

Probably shouldn't have sold my other one. Mehhh

Yea. just noticed Action`s nozzle was the same material as Azimuth.

Guess ill buy a bunch of pistons for the time being.

I hope Guarder comes with a good nozzle, their parts are usually great.

Action's nozzle is the same material as Azimuth? They're different colors though.

I've been waiting for Guarder to release an MP7 nozzle.

I just placed an order for the Ready Fighter MP7 Loading nozzle from eHobbyAsia.com. I'll try those out.

Postal worker just swung by with my second Azimuth MP7 loading nozzle. As with the first loading nozzle, it has an air bubble towards the front area. Quite honestly, I expect this nozzle to fail once again.

Oh well, I'll run it. I could only hope that this Azimuth Nozzle would last longer. 

Guarder....please come out with loading nozzles for the MP7 please :)

From the picture 1 and 2, the breakage isn't occuring at the bubble, it is breaking at the right angle join at the top of the cylinder.  It isn't splitting at the air bubble.

The crack extends to the airbubble is just a coincidence because there is an opening there.  The airbubble doesn't seem to be the cause of the break.

I am still unclear of the cause of the issue, is it:

- the pressure of the gas causing the explosive breakage (most likely)

- the impact of the flute valve which is causing the breakage

- the impact of the bolt carrier onto the nozzle because the bolt doesn't quite return sufficiently enough. (least likely)

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

From the picture 1 and 2, the breakage isn't occuring at the bubble, it is breaking at the right angle join at the top of the cylinder.  It isn't splitting at the air bubble.

The crack extends to the airbubble is just a coincidence because there is an opening there.  The airbubble doesn't seem to be the cause of the break.

I am still unclear of the cause of the issue, is it:

- the pressure of the gas causing the explosive breakage (most likely)

- the impact of the flute valve which is causing the breakage

- the impact of the bolt carrier onto the nozzle because the bolt doesn't quite return sufficiently enough. (least likely)

I was thinking the same thing. While the air bubble isn't causing the break, it is still there.

I'm thinking that a thicker wall up front would help with durability. it has enough room to double the thickness of the front area where the break is located.

I am leaning towards the explosiveness of the gas more than the flute valve impact causing the breakage.

----------

Of note was me running propane on my other TM MP7 with the modified firing pin/ valve knocker. If I remember correctly, I shaved 2.2mm off of the firing pin which negatively affected full auto fire. I did fire about 12k rounds through the stock nozzle from November 2012 til April 2013 using propane. Nozzle was still in tact when I sold it. A result of the mod done to that gun was the reduction of recoil which was probably caused by the decrease of gas flow to run the system which meant lesser stress.

---------

My current setup:

Stock everything save the Azimuth loading nozzle. I'm using the stock Marui flute valve spring and the flute valve blocker(?). I opted with the stock flute valve blocker because it stays in place  inside the Azimuth nozzle better. The Azimuth flute valve blocker wiggles around inside the Azimuth nozzle...seems like it's smaller than how it should be.

That set up gets me 290-300 FPS with .20g BBs. Hop up has been set for .25g Tracer rounds. FPS with the said .25g BBs is around 270 FPS. Power output is with 3M Duster Gas (152a gas). Temperature was about 80 degrees? It was shady as I was in the garage :P

The gas used allows for 40 round mag dumps with the bolt locking back after the last round. Venting was nearly non existent. It was slightly noticeable only on the full auto mag dumps I performed (3x) towards the front of my tracer unit. No venting was noticed coming out of the ejection port.

I would say that this would be an ideal set up for warmer weather gaming. For higher FPS output, a tight bore barrel should help.

Nine Ball/ Laylax/ Prometheus barrels are always of high quality.

So how was recoil? It decreased significantly compared to running the gun with propane.

-----------------------------

Ohhh..and more lighting people up

HAHA! Guy calls me out in the end *shrugs*. Oh well :P

This was the night I busted the Azimuth nozzle. Gun was still fully functional even with the cracked nozzle. Luckily, my new nozzle came in time for gaming three days after today. I could have ran with the stock TM nozzle, but I'd much rather have the Azimuth in place.

I may try the Ready Fighter Nozzle once I get it. It should be here in 5 days...depending on how quick ehobbyasia gets it out.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Unless there is something else I have missed.

Theory 4: The flute valve stopper is impacted by the piston and pushes the flute valve stopper forward, potentially causing this stress fracture.

Normally, explosive fractures begin at the middle/open end of a cylinder as it is the weakest, not usually at the corner. This fracture has a direction, from the inside to the outside and almost  a shearing motion along the thickest part of the cylinder.

Because of the decrease in gas flow to the blowback unit, the impact by the piston onto the inside front of the cylinder is lessened. 

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

The piston lid does in fact push up against the flute valve blocker. The piston lid is pretty soft though...

Still, the flute valve blocker is braced against the inside of the front of the nozzle...where the break occurs. Perhaps the shock gets transferred to that which may cause the breakage as d4n suggested?

I stuck the Azimuth valve blocker into my setup. I did shave down the surface of the valve blocker that gets braced by the inside of the front of the loading nozzle. Now half of the bottom part of the loading nozzle is braced against the front of the loading nozzle. Since the front surface of the flute valve blocker doesnt get braced by the back of the front part of the nozzle (where it breaks), it shouldn't break there anymore.....if thats really the cause of all these breakages.

When the piston lid contacts the flute valve blocker, the screw stops the flute valve blocker from getting jammed into the back of the front of the nozzle. Stress gets transferred into the area where the screw is....plus the bottom of the back of the front area of the nozzle.

Now, with how things are set up, the break should then start at the bottom as thats the one thats being braced by the back of the front of the nozzle....

Who knows.

This setup still yields about 290+ to 300 + fps with .20g bbs. Hop has been set for .25g bbs. Most of the shots were around 298-302 fps at 80F using .20g bba.

Its all trial and error really. If it breaks again from the top after your mod then we know its to do with the gas.

The bolt carrier doesn't return fully forward and the piston is translating the forces directly onto the flute valve blocker, hence something will give.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

The carrier doesnt move all the way forward cause of that o-ring. Remove that o-ring and the piston lid will be slamming more into that flute valve blocker.

Replacing the piston lid may solve the lid to blocker impact. Just that the o-ring will be taking in the force from the nozzle slamming forward. Hmmm...too much thinking....and im on my phone.

Side note....plate carrier for my mp7...still working on final set up as I wait for HeadOn Tactical to start my tornado grenade pouches.

20130514_193700_zpsdc35b9c6.jpg

Definitely dude. It's not really a big deal for me to be called out. What gets to me is people who you go toe to toe with when you take a room...you engage them...they engage you...sometimes from within 5 feet. There are times when you don't feel jack but figure...that the person most likely hit you or your gear from that close. You call your hit and walk away. You turn your back and they're still in the room "alive". You turn to them and call them out and they come back at you with "No you didn't get me". Most annoying thing ever.

Ricochets...most likely. HAHA!

Side note...Ready Fighter Reinforce Loading Nozzle for the TM MP7 is inbound. Not going to run that for a while though.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1