Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Posted Image

Ready fighter nozzle came in. Nozzle looks good and feels like its super hard. It's probably made of the same material as kwa kriss/lm4 nozzles. Least thats what it feels like to me. I actually like how this feels better than the Azimuth nozzle. I might stick the Azimuth nozzle in my other TM MP7 GBB and use the Ready Fighter MP7 nozzle on the one I've beem using as of late.

Im ordering another and using the Ready Fighter Nozzle with Propane to test with.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

Hopefully that will sort the problem for you

I've had mine for nearly 7 months with no issues, but since buying it the temps haven't gotten above 15 degrees celcius when I've been using it, running it on green gas, hopefully the temps will pick up abit here soon, but I will more than likely need to change to a lower pressure gas to keep under our 1 joule limit

So I installed the ready fighter nozzle in my full auto capable tm mp7 gbb...fit is better than the azimuth nozzle. The down side is that the material they used isn't very slick so it needs to be lubed. Also, the stock piston lid seems to seal better. It feels like the cylinder walls contact the edge of the piston lid...but yeah better seal than the azimuth. The deal though is that when gas enters the chamber, the piston lid flares out and produces a seal...I think the ready fighter nozzle allows for better seal before gas enters the chamber.

Because the material of the ready fighter nozzle isnt very smooth. ..I think itll need to be broken in. Its plastic so it should wear in.

Looking down the gas inlet window of the rf nozzle, I see no air pockets where the two azimuth nozzles had them.

So far I am impressed with this nozzle. I might actually get another one just to have. So far, between this rf nozzle and the azimuth nozzle...I prefer the rf one.

Ill wish I could decrease the fps more but at 80 some degrees, im getting as much as 392 fps using the stock flute valve and a CUT DOWN flute valve spring. Fps usually is in the high 380's...(like 386 or 387). The cut down fv spring is so the fv closes earlier....thus dropping the fps.

With the same mag, I was getting similar fps with the azimuth nozzle...only the flute valve spring remained stock...unmodified. if I use a non modified fv spring, the rf nozzle assembly is sure to shoot much harder.

How I end up decreasing my fps now is by running duster gas. When propane gets me 380+ fps, 152a duster gets me high 290s to low 300s with .20g bbs. Im happy with that as I won't need to worry about busted nozzles or my mags being way too pressurized and developing leaks. While sealing the mags are easy, I dont particularly like doing it.

Anyhow, I might not be running this ready fighter nozzle with propane after all as guns that take mags in the pistol grip require the fps to be sub 350 where I play.

End report.

Thanks dude, I do what I can. Im a fan of this gun. Hamds down the most consistent gbb/r shooter that I have. Its really easy to handle and operate.

Might have mentioned earlier that I got my other TM MP7 GBB back.

Posted Image

Top MP7 has the Ready Fighter nozzle with tm flute valve blocker, flute valve and cut down TM flute valve spring.

Bottom MP7 has the Azimuth nozzle assembly with just the stock length TM flute valve spring. It also has had its valve knocker/ firing pin sanded down by about 2.2mm. Full auto function has been affected by that mod but has not busted the nozzle with use of propane from early November 2012 to April 2013. Shot count was around 10-13K. Stock nozzle was replaced by the Azimuth nozzle for the sake of reliability. Azimuth seems to have the better material used between the two nozzles. Recoil has also decreased due to the mod....possibly the reason why the stock nozzle never busted on me.

One thing I have noticed on my MP7 is that if I'm pressing the magazine upwards into the gun it jumps from 1.2J to 1.4J. Might be an idea to invest in some shims for that gas seal at the top of the magazine if you're going to run this thing outdoors.

Ill wish I could decrease the fps more but at 80 some degrees, im getting as much as 392 fps using the stock flute valve and a CUT DOWN flute valve spring. Fps usually is in the high 380's...(like 386 or 387). The cut down fv spring is so the fv closes earlier....thus dropping the fps.

With the same mag, I was getting similar fps with the azimuth nozzle...only the flute valve spring remained stock...unmodified. if I use a non modified fv spring, the rf nozzle assembly is sure to shoot much harder.

How I end up decreasing my fps now is by running duster gas. When propane gets me 380+ fps, 152a duster gets me high 290s to low 300s with .20g bbs. Im happy with that as I won't need to worry about busted nozzles or my mags being way too pressurized and developing leaks. While sealing the mags are easy, I dont particularly like doing it.

Anyhow, I might not be running this ready fighter nozzle with propane after all as guns that take mags in the pistol grip require the fps to be sub 350 where I play.

End report.

Did you not read my post about using VFC MP5 flute valves (Ready Fighter does them)? Managed to drop my FPS to 320 FPS on propane.

My Azimuth polycarb nozzle is holding up fine (after about 1K). Given that Polycarb lenses survive IEDs and bullets no sweat, I'm sure it will survive the rigours of a GBB easily.

Edited by Amoki

Perhaps someone (Snoopy? :) ) can help me with this.

My nozzle is locking up. I've never really taken the gun apart before, so after a crash course in how to remove the internals, I can determine that the nozzle is trapped in the forward position. It won't retract when I pull the charging handle.

It's possible that it's simply gunked up, but if I retract it manually (Which takes some force) it will push forward again once I release my grip on the nozzle.

Any ideas?

My nozzle is locking up. I've never really taken the gun apart before, so after a crash course in how to remove the internals, I can determine that the nozzle is trapped in the forward position. It won't retract when I pull the charging handle.

It's possible that it's simply gunked up, but if I retract it manually (Which takes some force) it will push forward again once I release my grip on the nozzle.

Any ideas?

I had the problem a few months ago - gratuitous amounts of lubing, cleaning, racking, lubing and cleaning seemed to fix the problem

Edited by Brooxy

Any ideas?

I was having a very similar issue when I used my extensively 2 weeks ago. Take out the magazine and shine a light up, mine was caused by a BB being misfed *into* the gun's mechanism. Vigorous shaking fixed it :)

Ok guys, after considering this for months and lurking on this thread i might go ahead and purchase the mp7. If i just stick to duster, will i have any of the problems that seems to be occurring with it mentioned throughout this thread? I recalled way back then (forget which page) where someone had a stock mp7 and some use with duster caused some failures. However, it wasnt verified if he had a floor model or if it was previously used with propane. If this thing will take duster as reliably as their GBBs will, i'm going to put in my order! I much rather have this one than the KWA. I'll just leave propane for my metal kits :P 

Well I sure am an idiot. I've just taken apart the nozzle - But as I was unscrewing the screw that keeps the two parts together, the spring that pulls the nozzle in/out snapped off and flew away. Does anyone know what it should look like? If I can't find one, where can I get another?

Another quick question - The O-ring doens't seem to be broken, and there's no dirt. Apart from lube, what can I do to ensure it will actuate correctly?

It is totally possible it was a few batches of MP7s where a bubble got into the nozzle causing a weakness. Not unlike the PX4 slide stop.

Polycarb nozzles aren't all that! I went through three in that god awful VFC MP5!

Does this mean if i buy one now it would be an "unofficially" second gen  mp7? Did marui do anything with this air bubble problem and started shipping a better batch with a changed nozzle? I dont want to order the azimuth if i dont have to since i would be getting it from different retailers. I definitely cannot run this on propane because it's hot here in the states in my area.