Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

About a month ago, WGC was selling replacement TM MP7 nozzles on their site. If I recall correctly, even Redwolf has em. 

I think all the nozzle breakages is due to the higher pressure gas used. With my modified MP7, I ran that sucker with propane from early November 2012 til April 2013. Temperature around March/April reached to 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit. The nozzle survived for over 12,000 rounds before selling it to a buddy (who ended up returning the gun to me cause he couldn't give me a time table on when he can actually pay me). 

Since I still had a spare Azimuth nozzle, I decided to stick that in as the material seems to be more durable than the stock one. I lent that gun to a buddy...ran it at an outdoor game with temperature reaching up to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit. He was using green gas all day (TM MP7 GBB with the valve knocker/firing pin sanded down by about 2.2mm plus Azimuth Loading Nozzle). Supposedly it was chonoing around 385-392 FPS with .20g BBs...hop was set for .25g bbs.

I haven't been using my other TM MP7 GBB for a while. Gun is stock save for the Ready Fighter loading nozzle. That gun also shoots at 380-90 range with propane.

I'm satisfied with the performance of the gun on 152a/duster gas. At the said temps, I should be getting about 310 FPS with .20g BB's without having to worry about breakages. At about 70 degrees, I was getting high 290's, low 300 FPS with .20g BBs with 152a gas.

I don't mind running it with 134a...I wouldn't have minded paying $20 a bottle for one of those suckers. Problem is, there's none readily available in the area. The closest one would be one of those Super Cold 134a bottles that are meant to be used to find heat leaks on PC systems?. I have to transfer the propellant into one of those Airsoft Innovation Gas Cans.

How hot? Last Sunday I played in 30+C and it's only going to get hotter in the next 3 months.

It's about the same here! I have a feeling that it will break with that temp though, i rather not take the risk. I'm perfectly happy with duster gas.

Thanks for the info snoop, I guess it's time to pick up the mp7 and use it as is. I always used all my TMs stock so i'm sure it will last a while with the duster. Those cans go for 5$ around here so going to pick up a bulk pack. Now the pain again of waiting for it to ship but to say the least I'm excited. Only other prospect now is that TM shotgun and we'll see where that goes. Maybe i can wait and put both on one order

My primary is the 416 but it's nice to have the option of something lighter as a backup in case the battery dies. Worse case scenario i'll pick up spare nozzles with my occasional orders through redwolf. 

How are the mags holding up? Good design and minimal leaks? Just out of curiosity, how much trouble or cooldown does it have dumping a full mag on auto? :) 

Honzo, on 05 Jun 2013 - 2:25 PM, said:

It's about the same here! I have a feeling that it will break with that temp though, i rather not take the risk. I'm perfectly happy with duster gas.

Thanks for the info snoop, I guess it's time to pick up the mp7 and use it as is. I always used all my TMs stock so i'm sure it will last a while with the duster. Those cans go for 5$ around here so going to pick up a bulk pack. Now the pain again of waiting for it to ship but to say the least I'm excited. Only other prospect now is that TM shotgun and we'll see where that goes. Maybe i can wait and put both on one order

My primary is the 416 but it's nice to have the option of something lighter as a backup in case the battery dies. Worse case scenario i'll pick up spare nozzles with my occasional orders through redwolf.

How are the mags holding up? Good design and minimal leaks? Just out of curiosity, how much trouble or cooldown does it have dumping a full mag on auto? :)

With spare mags, the MP7 is awesome as a primary....

The magazines will eventually leak when you use propane. Removing two pins and coating the o-ring with silicone grease. I do however use green slime and they seal back up just fine..zero leaks. I can't comment on how they are with prolonged use using green gas.

I'm not sure how cool down is on full auto using duster gas on a full mag dump as I don't normally shoot my MP7 on full auto. My primary MP7 ended up shooting semi auto only while the other one just sat in the box for the most part. Just for poops and girly giggles, I did make a video last year of a full mag dump and posted it...shooting conditions were noted. Its on youtube...That gun is the one I'm currently using as my primary. The modded one has been boxed up for another friend...just waiting on cash for it.

-------------------

TM MP7 GBB Mag Dump

I'm not sure which gas I used on that video...Its probably propane.

compared to the KWA KRISS V GBB Mag Dump

Same propellant as far as I know...

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Nice vids, i cant help but notice that the kriss is expelling a hefty amount gas with each shot. How do you like the kriss compared to the mp7? If you had to pick one up for a game over the weekend which one would it be? I like the unique ergos of the kriss but beyond that i'm not sure if they have anything else over the mp7. I did at one point consider the kwa though in my search for a gbb smg

Id say that for stopping power, the kriss topps the tm mp7. But with the nozzles installed...they shoot the same velocity. Range is also pretty good with the kriss....but as with kwa gbbs, you get the typical over and under hop with each shot where as the tm mp7 gets the usual consistent shot per shot trajectory. Reloading is infinitely easier with the mp7...I wear a small size Oakey si assault gloves or a medium blackhawk industries solag gloves so my hands aren't the biggest...top that with being a lefty. I had to learn to reload effectively...its a slower process compared to reloading with the mp7. Capacity goes to the vector...49rds vs 40 (or 39 depending on the brand of bb that you use?. If you shoot semi auto exclusively....the kriss doesnt have the venting issue in the cold. While the burst is pretty awesome...to me personally...its just a novelty.

Reliability...kwa has surprised me. It takes propane and holds up like a champ.

Its a toss up between the pros and cons between the two. It comes down to personal preference. My preference...mp7 for cqb...kriss for outdoors because of that mag capacity.

I havent heard of anyone in the gbb world complain of having too much mag capacity in a gas in mag type magazine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it will be the mp7 for now as a starter....but it's out of stock everywhere...

In stock at eHobbyAsia now! Importing from hong kong to US maybe expensive though.

I back ordered my MP7 on WGC shop close to two months ago. They havent got it yet so i just ordered mine at eHobby instead. 

Seems like there arent many left to buy right now.

The TM mp7 is amazing. Ive been using it with duster gas and im so surprised with the kick and how hard it is. Probably not going to let this thing touch propane though.

All i need is more mags but ive put about 300 rounds through it so far. Also... mag holders....

Havent played in maybe 3 weeks. I might play tonight. I really shouldnt though but the local cqb arena is closing its doors in a couple of days. :(

If I end up playing tonight...ill shoot the heck out of the mp7. I still have two stock tm nozzles on hand...in case something goes wrong. Lol

• Like 1

My teamate just got his TM MP7, inserted a mag full of green gas, shot 2 round and snap! The nozzle snapped right off and half stayed in the chamber and the other half in the bolt.

So, whats the recommended after market nozzle for propane or GG in a hot country?

*high fps is not an issue

Edited by SSG-Levi

Havent played in maybe 3 weeks. I might play tonight. I really shouldnt though but the local cqb arena is closing its doors in a couple of days. :(

If I end up playing tonight...ill shoot the heck out of the mp7. I still have two stock tm nozzles on hand...in case something goes wrong. Lol

That sucks, from the video it looked like that place was AEX? 

It was raining the other day at my field so it was the perfect time to bring out the gbb mp7 :) 

My teamate just got his TM MP7, inserted a mag full of green gas, shot 2 round and snap! The nozzle snapped right off and half stayed in the chamber and the other half in the bolt.

So, whats the recommended after market nozzle for propane or GG in a hot country?

*high fps is not an issue

That's been a problem forewarned earlier in this thread. It's unfortunate, mine has been running for close to 500 rounds now with no problems but of course i use duster gas. Ppl still complain of a bit of pain when they get shot with it

Ok my nozzel gave up the 2 rounds into a Stirling event this weekend, and I am just looking for is an update on what Nozzels have been tested and have failed!

I am looking at http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_GBB_Air_Nozzle_Action_Enhanced_Loading_Muzzle_Full_Set_for_Tokyo_Marui_NP7A1_GBB.htm

I cant find any reviews, so I don't mind trying it out and reporting back.

I ran my MP7 last night in some indoor CQB - dumped about 1000rnds through it with no issues - running stock with only a hop-up rubber and inner barrel upgrade.

I have a Guns Modify nozzle here in case it goes pop but I've not had a single issue yet. What are you guys doing to your guns? :S

I ran my MP7 last night in some indoor CQB - dumped about 1000rnds through it with no issues - running stock with only a hop-up rubber and inner barrel upgrade.

I have a Guns Modify nozzle here in case it goes pop but I've not had a single issue yet. What are you guys doing to your guns? :S

I have heard of a small mod to the nozzle to increase its longevity.  Basically taking some material off where it contacts the chamber.  

I plan to get one soon and I'm wondering if perhaps the later batches have this issue fixed.  Marui is usually pretty good at responding to issues like this.  Though I wonder if it's as prevalent an issue in Japan where everyone runs duster anyway...

OK, impulse buy, thanks to the falling yen, it wasn't that expensive actually.

* Got the Creation nozzle set and filed down part # MGG1-102 on the part of it that hits the nozzle's "bridge".  Now they two no longer contact.  I think my nozzle is safe *crosses fingers*.

* Cannot for the life of me figure out how to take out the barrel and chamber assembly so I can install my PDI bucking and Nineball 6.03mm barrel.  According to the explosion diagram, it should just come out with a hard tap... but that's not working...  Can anyone inform me how to get the barrel out?  Thanks in advance!

EDIT: nevermind, I got it, trigger, bolt release, and fire selector need to be removed and the whole endoskeleton comes out.

FYI the PDI bucking was NOT compatible.  The nub used on mine is an H nub and so will not be good with the W style bucking from PDI, additionally there seems to be some sizing issues and the bucking had a larger diameter than the original.  I decided to stick with the original bucking and only replace the barrel which fit nicely.

Reassembled everything and it seems all ready to go!

Edited by IBMedic

I spoke to the guys at Echigoya recently and they said that they hadn't heard of any issues with the nozzle, but that there have been some issues with broken BB Lips from the follower slamming into it when released with no bbs in it. As you have said, the fact that we have almost no access to anything other that duster probably is a major factor.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any information where a step by step disassembly guide might be? I've been searching online but not much help. Call me scared to crack everything open sadly. 

My issue is replacing the hop-up bucking and barrel. I'm not exactly sure how to extract them and I don't exactly have the greatest of luck when experimenting. Any help would be greatly appreciated