Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Im not to sure what happened to it. It sorta seized up so I cleaned it and it did it again. So again its been cleaned and oiled and not it fires great but there has been an issue of one way or another 4 time outta the 5 ive played with it. Dont get me wrong I would keep it if I had spare funds but am not in the possition to keep guns I dont use. I have a Vector which I love so Im selling to buy proper pouches, 2 mags and a sight etc for that.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

I'd quite like to hear specifics reguarding your issues, since I just purchased one. From what I've seen and read, other than the nozzle issue, the TM MP7 is leagues ahead of the KWA Kriss in terms of reliability. 

I'm not disputing your report, just would like to hear some specifics since the full day I used it (only about 10 mags through it however) it worked flawlessly. For reference, I was using Abbey Ultra with .25g Excel bb's, getting a very stable 290fps.

cheers.

The problem with mine was the gas nozzle sticking to the side of the bolt. I took it apart and used froglube and it did it again. Ive since used silicon oil which has rectified the issue. The return springs have no power in them either which I find annoying.

The gun is a great little shooter with awesome kick and accuracy but its been slightly marred. I prefer the vector for looks and feel wise (even tho its a heavy lump). I would keep it but I cant have guns that I dont use as im more poor than rich if im honest.

144a = 303/330

Ultra preditor = 330/360

There was no warping as I had the same idea. I think they are highly strung and need slot of lube on them. Froglube is great for pistols but can't get worn in enough on the mp7. Silicon oil gets in to all the small areas and works alot better (for me).

Still tho the gun has to go :(

• 1 month later...

I'm now having the same problem with mine, the loading nozzle is fully forward and the return spring doesn't seem to want to put it back to the rear of the bolt.  I don't have any tools with me at work so I'm unable to disassemble it to see what the problem is but it's surely not a good sign!  

Gas wise I've been using Abbey Predator Ultra like DrAlexanderTobacco, may have to give dry 144a a go.

Been using Abbey silicon oil for lube which has been working well up til this point, hopefully it'll just be a misaligned nozzle return spring. 

J when you remove the bolt from the gun there is a small screw holdong in a metal stop. Remove this to reveal the nozzle return spring. It may have mis-alined itself. There is also a small plastic tab on the nozzle that rubs along the inside of the bolt. Give that area a good clean. make sure when the nozzle is pulled forward to put abit of silicon oil in there as well. This should solve the problems your having.

Like I said before this gun is highly stung and needs alittle tlc from time to time. Maybe take it out for a meal or to see a chick flick at the cinema to keep it sweet ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone having problems with sticky nozzles, bolt catch or anything else involving springs, i would advise you to give it a good clean and then dont re-lube it.

I had some problems with my MP7 and it was resolved by cleaning it. This gun really doesnt need any lube at all if you use gas that has lube in it.

Also the springs in the gun are kind of weak. I hope to see some spring upgrade sets hit the market soon :D

Edited by steinarsen44

For anyone having problems with sticky nozzles, bolt catch or anything else involving springs, i would advise you to give it a good clean and then dont re-lube it.

I had some problems with my MP7 and it was resolved by cleaning it. This gun really doesnt need any lube at all if you use gas that has lube in it.

Also the springs in the gun are kind of weak. I hope to see some spring upgrade sets hit the market soon :D

This is exactly my views as well. When I lubed the gun and then used Predator gas, it ruined the bolt and I had to fully clean it. Using propane, it's absolutely fine.

• 3 weeks later...

So today I had my first mag failure, using 144A this morning I filled my mags for a day's play and one of them vented the entire contents from the bottom seal the moment I turned it the right way up.  Going to disassemble it monday when I've got access to the appropriate tools.  Fingers crossed I can just silicone oil the o-ring and it'll be ok.

Anyone else had this issue?

Oh, and I seem to have resolved the sticky nozzle issue by running it almost completely dry as advised, just a tiny amount of silicone oil applied to the plastic part and some abbey gunlube SM050 on the metal parts.  

As the temperature starts dropping I may have to resort to propane to keep it going, also considering one of these to stuff into the pouch: 

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/laylax-magazine-pouch-inner-warmer-for-gas-magazine-p-10005.html

Ive had my magazines leak on me before when I ran dry propane. Im pretty sure I took apart all my mags to apply silicone grease (not oil) into my mags. That sealed all my mags up. They have all been gassed up with 134a for a couple months and everythings holding up. No leaks whatsoever.

The marui system is pretty efficient. It'll run in cold weather with 134a. Cool down with full auto may be an issue though. I have a video up on youtube doing a full auto mag dump in cold weather with the tm mp7 gbb.

Have you looked into the ghk g5?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Whats your definition of performance? :)

Also, how cold is it where you are?

I just went to a local auto parts shop and picked up a tube of silicone gel/grease.

Again, have you looked into the ghk g5? :P

Mine is still chugging a long like a champ. I've found that the mags take an absolute age to fill, and loading up my 7x mags used up about one third of a gas bottle (750ml).

Using Cybergun green gas (APS3, red bottle) it fires strong at just under the joule, with nice snappy recoil. On sustained burst fire, toward the end of the mag cool down began to set in (lessened recoil, slightly slower cyclical rate). Change of mag, and right back to where it should be. Used all day in 4 degree weather without a single hiccough.

Like others have noted, the mags are a bit prone to dirt clogging the BB's - worth disassembling for scrubbing with a wire brush on the BB channel.

I have 3x spare nozzles ready to go should I need them, and it's still running perfectly stock. Kinda wish I hadn't shelled out for the unnecessary nozzles :D

Spare nozles mean you dont need to wait for a few days if the nozzle breaks. I have two spare ones myself :)

I haven't played with my TM MP7 for a while now. I've got other toys to play with. Haha. My KWA AK74M is a month amd a half old now and it has not seen game time. My GHK G5's are now almost a month old and no game time.

Of the three, I'm most excited about fielding the G5...options...options. its only been 2 months since I was so high on how well my TM M870 performed and now these guns. Lol.

• Like 1

Its too cold for 144a.. That gas doesnt cut the mustard at all. Use preditor/ultra in the colder months - thatll kick your fps up to around 320 on a cold day and the kick will be alot harder.

Got it in one.

On 134a/144a in our respective climate and current weather it's just not going to work - the pressure isn't great enough. Cool down sets in far quicker, and you end up with a gun that's spitting BB's as opposed to slinging 'em. Switch to green gas and you'll be far better off. The pressure is greater, the cool down effect lessened and the power increases. As leo said, it shouldn't go above 325fps w/0.20g so will be fine even for CQB.

The difference between green and 134a in this weather is astronomical. If I remember (and that's a very big if) I'll try record the difference on Sunday.

I can understand if you're a little nervous running it off of higher pressured gas, so I'd go with something like Ultrair...it's not as high pressured as the likes of the Cybergun red-label (still green gas, by the way) gas, but greater than 144a.