Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

Update:

Installed a new inner barrel so I had the chance to give everything in the mp7 a thorough clean unlike doing a field strip cleaning.  Wiped the excess oils from the inner pot metal frame and after putting everything back together the bolt lock works fine again (doesn't drop the bolt when bolt's locked back and I repeatedly slap the bottom of the grip).  Unfortunately I ran out of gas for the gun so proper testing to see if everything works fine will be delayed.  As for now it seems like the mp7 REALLY likes to run dry.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

Just to let you guys know I thought it would run ok quite dry and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I took it to bits thinking it would be a snapped loading nozzle which is the most common fault but that was fine so I just stripped it all, and silicone oil sprayed all in the nozzle and spring bits as well as a bit of the bolt and its works perfect again, if not even better than before. Just my experience thought I should share.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

Plinking at home on the OEM nozzle I think I've shot close to 1.2k to 1.5k rounds out of the mp7.  Most were full auto mag dumps as in shooting all 40 rounds with 1 trigger pull.

Gas used was Guarder Green Gas.

OEM nozzle did not break, the gun is pretty much completely dry except the the inside of the nozzle as I had installed the TSC piston o-ring head onto it, replacing the OEM psiton cup.

If my plinking counts as a stress test then the only nozzle issues are related to having an air bubble in the plastic; the material of the nozzle itself is fine for GG use.

One point to note; the TSC piston head comes with 2 o-rings.  One which is red is a silicone o-ring.  Tried using that one first; the o-ring blew off the piston head itself and got shifted all the way back to where the bolt o-ring is (the one that sits behind the nozzle).  Used the black o-ring instead and no more issues after that.

A friend of mine bought a used mp7 with the Azimuth nozzle.  His broke within 300 rounds at a game.  Dunno how many rounds were fired by the previous owner but the nozzle broke at the same area as everyone else's broken nozzle, and it managed to deform the clear Azimuth floating valve as well which comes with the nozzle set.  I've given my friend the Readyfighter nozzle + OEM valve so that should solve his problem.

• Like 1

Nice kunlun :)

I sold one of mine a whiles back. Dude is still rockin it with the azimuth nozzle. ..gun fires well. I did mod the firing pin so full auto firing went poof on that one.

My other mp7 with the ready fighter nozzle is also in tact.i have a couple of spare tm mp7 oem nozzles on hand.

I have been running it with duster 152/134a gas however.

I got tired with having to re-seal the mags running propane in it. 134a has adequate pressure to run the gun.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I had an odd issue last game where all 7 of my mags developed leaks at the bottom seal. Given that so far I haven't had any issues otherwise I'm not too upset, but it was a bit of a to say the least.

Going to reseal them as soon as I can, and check if it's the o ring or the magazine wall that needs replacing.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Shot all of my SAPH 0.3g black bbs and half a bag of Excel 0.25g bbs on the OEM nozzle, mainly full auto dumps.  Shot some other random baggies of bbs I've had lying around; so my estimate is I've dumped about 3k to 3.2k rounds out of the OEM nozzle, mainly mag dumps.

My bolt lock is still iffy.  Tried replacing the bolt lock spring with a lighter one and it still slams loose if I quickly insert a mag into the gun.  Normally it's not too big a deal except when the bolt doesn't return to battery fast enough the trigger won't get cocked or something and the gun doesn't fire till I recharge the bolt.  Since DarkLite's dumped more rounds than me and doesn't have any issues like mine, I've got a feeling my second hand mp7 was rigorously used before I bought it; meaning that the recoil spring is so weak that it doesn't have sufficient pressure pushing the bolt against the bolt lock mechanism that the bolt lock can drop easily when the mp7 is jolted.

The bolt lock interface and the bolt interface doesn't seem to have excess wear that would make the issue worst, so as far as I can tell it comes down to the recoil spring.  I'll be buying an OEM spring if available at the shops, or one of those Future Energy branded ones (that come with the guide rod) which is stiffer than the OEM (supposedly).  Hopefully this solves my issue.

Edited by intinerious

Actually I and some others also had/have this issue where the bolt returns by itself and not cock the gun. To me it happens randomly sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The bolt return spring does feel a bit weak tough, but I got the gun when it was released so no it wasn't used, it is pretty much the same for all Marui MP7s.

I got that issue where it stops returning to battery after a shot or after cocking. 

Took it apart to find that everything had quite thick grease on it, except the piston and cylinder were dry as a bone.

Cleaned the thick stuff up, relubed with some much thinner oil, and now works a treat. Although it does feel like its kicking harder, so I may put something a touch thicker on the outside of the bolt to slow it down a touch.

Anyone else come across this?

I got that issue where it stops returning to battery after a shot or after cocking. 

Took it apart to find that everything had quite thick grease on it, except the piston and cylinder were dry as a bone.

Cleaned the thick stuff up, relubed with some much thinner oil, and now works a treat. Although it does feel like its kicking harder, so I may put something a touch thicker on the outside of the bolt to slow it down a touch.

Anyone else come across this?

If the bolt doesn't return to battery fast enough the hammer for some reason won't be prepped for the next shot.  I've had issues with this when the bolt catch drops prematurely when I slam a mag into the grip.

I've ran my mp7 dry plinking at home, which has probably seen near 4.5k rounds mostly on FA mag dumps.  The Guarder gas alone provides ample silicone lube that I don't need to spray the inside of the nozzle with silicone oil anymore.  The oil does vaporise outside the nozzle leaving a very minute sheen of oil but otherwise my mp7's been chugging along just fine without any application of lube on my part.

I've since semi-fixed the bolt lock issue with a 110% spring from Future Energy.  Repeatedly slamming a fresh mag in will still drop the bolt however, but in terms of functionality it's not going to drop the bolt at a critical time during a game when reloading under stress.

The 110% spring ups the firing rate to ~ 18-20rps on Guarder green.  It's exam time so I haven't had the pleasure of chronoing the new ROF but back on the stock spring the ROF was 16.7, measuring a full mag dump.  There's a semi-circle piece on the reciprocating bit of the guide rod (that pushes against the bolt) that broke off after ~3.8k rounds of FA mag dump, and it also broke on DarkLite's.  However, it doesn't affect the performance of the gun at all.

Edited by intinerious
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the best aftermarket nozzle for the MP7? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this gun, and I want to make sure I order the best nozzle with it just in case it fails.

IIRC it's the white readyfighter one.  Other aftermarket nozzles have been known to break but I've never came across a broken RF one.  However, the material is less slick than the plastic used by TM, so you'll need to use more lube to get it to slide across the piston cup smoothly compared with the OEM nozzle.

Has anyone tried the Gunsmodify nozzle? I bought one as a spare but wanna know if i should just source an oem as a better replacement.

GM nozzles had a 1 year warranty IIRC in Hong Kong which was their main attraction but I believe Darklite broke 2-3 of them and ended up not getting any more replacements due to the GM nozzle being less durable than his OEM nozzle which is still running strong.

My own OEM nozzle has seen whatever amount of rounds I posted since my last update on this thread and shows no signs of wear.