Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

It arrived today, It seems to be constructed well enough, haven't had a chance to test the tracer quality though. 

Big problem though. The flashhider it comes with doesn't screw in the marui mp7 nor does it screw into the marui -14mm adapter. So what the hell? Maybe it's made for the ksc mp7. I'll have to try it out on my friend's sometimes. Luckily the silencer fits onto the marui's stock flashhider. It's not perfect but it on and seems secure enough. 

Oh *suitcase*, these pics of cracked nozzles are making me scared for mine :(, but I guess I've shot close to about 2000bbs through the gun with green gas in ~60-70 degree F weather and no signs of part failure yet. I hope it doesn't turn out like my Hi-capa xtreme... Cracked nozzle when using propane, but fine while using green gas, I'm probably guessing because green gas seems to be 10PSI lower than propane...

Also do you guys recommend gas mixtures? such as a blend of 4 parts propane to 1 part of duster gas?

Also hi snoopy, you damn showoff in the KWA forum :P

LoL. I have a total of 76 active posts on the KWA forums. 

I have two of these TM MP7 GBB's for one reason....the first one broke and I didn't want to wait for parts to be made for it....So...I ordered another one. Lo and behold however....Echigoya has the best customer service. They sent me a replacement loading nozzle  free of charge.

If you go through this thread, I mentioned about a mod that would keep the recoil of the gun to a minimum...byproduct however is nerfing the full auto function of the gun. My TM MP7 is still holding up on propane with the valve striker mod. Where I play, they usually only shoot semi auto....if a mag goes into ther grip...behind the trigger...its considered a pistol and there's zero engagement distance for pistols. :P 

I'll be placing an order for one of these nozzles the next month or so. I've been running the KWA KRISS V as of late...though not the past 2 weeks as I haven not been able to play. Odds are, that KWA KRISS won't get used for a while. New toy comes in tomorrow....KWA LM4C. :P Already have 11 spare mags for it....now I just need a rig.

Damn you rich >.> I had a choice of either TM MP7 or KWA Kriss since I only work 2 days a week and I have to pay for school expenses...  I chose the MP7 for Tac City's indoor 350 FPS limit because I know a lower power bolt/flute valve would take a couple of months to come out.

And yeah, I saw your mod, but I like to have options incase things get sticky in a game and I need to suppress people into cover, also the whole selling point of the TM VS KWA MP7 for me was the recoil, and that I hate KWA products after their 1911 MK2 broke on me twice...

Edited by tehspiah

MadHelsing (of gasguns.info forum fame) has offered to fabricate a steel MP7 loading nozzle provided A) he has a broken nozzle to model after and B-) he has a MP7 bolt carrier to ensure fitment. No idea of cost yet - he estimated $50. But given that the Creation nozzles has and will fail (mine has failed), having one fabricated with steel/aluminium/kevlar is the only option for MP7 owners wanting to use propane - And $50 is not that much far than $38.

Since I'm in NZ and I can't ship out my bolt carrier... anyone in the US who is willing to "borrow" his for a good cause? He only needs it for 2 weeks for initial modelling.

Edited by Amoki

Hi Amoki, 

Sorry to hear the creation nozzle also failed. Is it at least more durable than the tokyo marui one? and under what condition has it failed. I was about to order a creation nozzle to replace my failed one.

I am located in maryland where madhellsing lives and I could possibly send him my carrier, but he's pretty notorious for not making deadlines and there's a LONNGGG list of people waiting for custom parts from him. My friend included. 

It depends. Marui parts IIRC is made of ABS. The Creation Nozzles are made of POM. POM is weaker than ABS in stress handling, but is much more malleable if I remember my material science data right.

The core problem with the Marui MP7 design is that not only you have an impact stress on the nozzle, but without modification you also have a compression stress coming from the bolt carrier. The marui nozzle is about 1-2mm too long and this is the reason why a stock Marui MP7 does not close properly. And because the underlying design flaw is there, even if the gas that you use is less powerful than propane it is just a matter of time before the bolt will fail.

The Marui nozzle, it failed after about ~100 rounds - but this is handling both impact and compression stress.

My modded POM nozzle lasted about ~500 rounds - but this is impact stress only.

I've dealt with MadHellsing before getting a replacement for my G&P hop-up arm. For the amount that he charges (at least, relative to NZ standard) he can be forgiven for taking his time, lol.

Edited by Amoki
  • Like 1

Got my Creation nozzle today, on first inspection the walls appear to be thinner than the marui. I guess time will tell how long this will last. I may just run duster just to be on the safe side till I can source some more nozzles. 

Edited by DesertFox

Guarder should make reinforced nozzles....

I'm holding onto my other TM MP7 for the warm weather...then I can just use duster through it. My main MP7's being ran with propane since day 1. With the valve knocker sanded down, its held up to about 7000 rounds now. Full auto still sputters with the mod but semi auto is all I really need for now. I need a new valve knocker to get full auto back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! First post on the forums. I've been lurking around for almost a decade but I've never managed to make this post until now :)

I have owned a TM MP7 GBB for a couple of months now but now I have a huge problem with it. I installed a FMA Ver2 rail to the gun and replaced all the screws on the side and the top rails. The original side rail screws are too short to mount the aftermarket rail so they need to be replaced. I thought that I'd change the 3 screws on the top at the same time to match the ones on the side, too. Everything was OK at this moment and I was very pleased with the results. After a few days I noticed something was very very wrong. The plastic of the receiver had cracked around all of the external screws that I had replaced. After closer inspection the top and front part of the receiver literally crumbled in my hands. I had installed the new screws using blue Loctite 242 threadlock and now it had destroyed the ABS plastic that Marui uses in their guns. Lesson learned and I wont be using threadlock anywhere near plastics anymore.

So, now I have a useless TM MP7 GBB with a broken receiver. I've been contacting almost all of the major HK retailers trying to source a spare part for my airsoft gun but so far none of them have been able or willing to help me out. I also contacted Echigoya as they advertise their TM spare part services on their website and ASM but they just told me that they wont be helping me as the gun isn't purchased from them (got it from WGC) and they haven't replied to my emails after that.

Is there any way to get a spare part for my MP7? I know it's quite hard to get this kind of uncommon parts from Marui but is there a shop or an individual anywhere that can order specific parts straight from Japan and TM? I tried searching the forums and the net but there wasn't anything recent that could have helped me. Echigoya seems to have been quite helpful around 2010 on ASM forums but I guess this isn't an option anymore...

The part I'm after is listed as "MGG1-107" on the MP7 manual.

Yeah, I learned about blue Loctite and Marui plastic a whiles back with an AK I had. Ended up purchasing a Guarder AKM kit for that gun.

It'll be next to impossible to source that part unfortunately. You can keep trying if you want or you could just buy another one. At least you'll have a spare magazine, bolt, and bits for it.

Hey guys, I have had this for 3 weeks now and went to two games with it. Used propane and fired around 600 rounds total and no damage on the nozzle. (Still worried though)
But I have another problem. The gas efficiency seems to be a bit crappy. Sometimes I cannot fire a whole magazine with one gas load even in semi-auto. Is it this way with everyone's? (I think it was around 15 deg celcius and relatevly high humidity)

I am at 1200 rounds and no damage whatsoever tough I shot mostly outside where it was cold(1-10 celsius). Gas efficency is not a problem for me, I did notice that I have to load the gas for a longer time to fill the mags up, sometimes I had to keep filling for over 10 seconds. I don't know if its the cold or certain type of cans let the gas flow slower, you can be certain if its full when the gas starts spraying while filling the mag.

Any news on the durability of the Creation nozzle with green gas/propane?

Also, saw this: http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_1053&products_id=16588 Another new nozzle :)

I am still using Abbey Predator gas untill a decent solution has been  found to safely use GG/propane.

A few of my mags started leaking. I had been using propane with no silicone added since I got my kit early november. A bit of green slime on the gaskets and my mags are leak free once again. Taking apart the mags was a breeze. Punch two pins out and the base plate comes off. Relube.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2