Snoopy's Initial Impressions on the Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back to nozzle failures earlier in the thread: That looks like a brittle failure, rather than an overstressed failure, judging* by the shell-shaped tide marks in the failure face on the pictures

*Tactical Handbag Equipped*   In all sincerity, what the hell? Lads I get that there is some animosity between users, and overall dislikes of posting styles...but is the confrontation entirely neces

######.   I've done a side by side. The kwa's selector is *suitcase*, the hop up is *fruitcage* terrible, the recoil non-existent, the accuracy likewise, It's far too powerful for cqb, the stock wo

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

anyone has a idea how it comes my bolt does not lock when mag is empty ?

No, but I'd love to find out why as mine does the same thing.

One thing - does your MP7 lock back if you insert an empty mag and then rack the slide? (mine does, but won't lock when the bolt retracts under it's own power)

Edited by Brooxy
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone still have nozzle issues in the new batches?

Would be interested to know this as well. Seen a fair few TM MP7s go up for sale recently as 'great condition, recently had new nozzle installed' of people obviously fed up and getting rid - hoping that they're opting for new batches or something as opposed to giving up on an otherwise great piece of kit!

Stock TM guns won't usually lift much more than a .25 in stock form - If you're running propane I doubt you've fouled the rubber unless you've used an excess of oil anywhere, which I assume you probably haven't! Still, every TM pistol I've had has required a little bit of a bend on the leaf spring to sling a .30. 

Thanks guys. It's second hand so it may well have seen an excess of lube at some stage so I'll try cleaning it. Every tm rif I've ever owned has easily been able to lift 0.28s and like I said this can barely lift 0.25s. To the point where it still isn't quite enough hop.

If I did want to change the rubber in the future, what are the best options?

Thanks guys. It's second hand so it may well have seen an excess of lube at some stage so I'll try cleaning it. Every tm rif I've ever owned has easily been able to lift 0.28s and like I said this can barely lift 0.25s. To the point where it still isn't quite enough hop.

If I did want to change the rubber in the future, what are the best options?

I'd say get a stock TM replacement if you can, otherwise anything that doesn't have the 2 nubs for hop up application like the Firefly or PDI W Hold.  Not to say that particular design by itself has issues but I think DarkLite mentioned that becuase of the way the hop arm is designed on the MP7 it messes with the hop up application should you run a 2 point nub design.  IIRC he's running a Modify hop rubber (design is similar to the old school Prommy purple buckings) and he's hitting out to 60m stock with 0.28g bbs.

As for my own problems; my TM MP7 isn't locking back consistently.  I've read that tightening the big side screw on the bolt carrier fixes the issue but it hasn't worked for me.

I charge my mags with green gas and the gun has a readyfighter white nozzle in it (nothing wrong with the stock one I believe; but I bought my mp7 2nd hand and it came with the white nozzle installed already).  

With empty mags it typically takes 3-4 shots on semi to have the bolt lock engaged and if I try on semi-auto typically 5-7 shots shooting as fast as I can.  

I've got 3 mags with the gun; none of the followers on them seem to be worn out so I don't think it's a mag issue.  Can full auto dump all my shots with the last few struggling.

bbs get shot out of the gun just fine; I ran a 4x scope on it to look at the flight path and the shots are consistent on semi and full auto.  

Greased up the contact points on the bolt carrier itself to make it easier for the bolt to move; didn't grease the nozzle itself as I've heard there's problems with doing that.

Anyone can shed some light to help me out? :(

EDIT:  Hmmm reading a few posts back it seems like running the bolt carrier and nozzle completely lube free seems to be the solution; along with giving the bolt a good cleaning.  I'll see if that fixes the problem first :P

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 1

Cleaned everything (no more grease); made sure everything in the bolt carrier moves as it should; still doesn't lock back consistently.

Will be trying a different brand of gas.

Also, slamming a loaded mag into the gun drops the bolt.  I haven't taken it down to pieces yet (just a field strip) so does anyone have any idea why it's doing that?

• Like 1