noobie cm 16 questions

minisam92

Couple of questions about the g&g cm 16:

1. Will the g&g m4 patriot metal body fit the combat machine m4 / m16?

2.What would be the best hop, rubber, nub , barrel combination for range ?

3.Are there any other cheap and easy modifications that can be done to this gun to make it more reliable / less likely to break ?

Standard hop up chamber is fine, though I do like the Madbull 3-in-1 hop up chambers, as the wheel design allows for much finer adjustment as opposed to the cog design of the standard M4 hop up chamber.

There is no one best combination when it comes to barrels and hop up, as it varies from gun to gun. Just go for a nice soft hop up rubber (I love the G&G green hop up rubber, Madbull Blue is nice, and Guarder clear is decent), a two-point style hard nub (i.e. SCS, H-nug or V nub), or go all out with an R-Hop. Barrel wise you're looking for quality; Madbull Black Python's are nice, though they are not as good as the likes of prometheus...but it depends on how much you're willing to spend. For best results you should try many different barrels and hop up rubbers to see what yields the best results for you and your rifle.

Motor wise just go for a neodymium magnet high torque motor - I like the SHS High Torques :)

PS: Cheap mods to do to the gun would be to correct the AOE (angle of engagement), use deans connectors, add a basic MOSFET and re-shim. That'll get it running very nicely

I think i need to get a scrap v2 box to play with lol,

Are deans connectors hard to fit ? And what benifit do they bring?

Could you tell me where I could buy a promethus barrel and the gaurder rubbers ?

Also I did try a madbull shark h nub but it wouldnt fit it just kept falling out so had to put my old nub back in.Is this normal?

Last but not least would a g&p m 120 motor be any better ? As I ve heard a few poeple mention these ?

P.S sorry for all the noob questions that must of been asked a million times and thanks for the advice so far :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived