Pulse Rifle / Project

ninjaminger

Hi All

Right ill start by saying how i feel about the standard Airsoft Pulse Rifle.

When new the standard feel is ok but the plastic parts do feel plastic and althought fairly tough could crack if handled roughly( example it wouldnt stand up to being picked up by the carry handle / Rail too much ) besides that the rest is solid )

The launcher is fake when pumped it just shows a fake cartridge which is better then nothing i guess.

It fires fairly slow on the stock battery but the gears seem to be well made and all all metal throughout gearbox.besides bushings which are plastic but will last a while.

The main good thing is it fires stright , one of the best out of the box ive had.

down point mags are very hard to insert but i found away to make it easier which im doing in project.

Thats just a short what i think below is what im doing to it.

1st i would like to say a big thank you to http://www.ukbbg.co.uk/ they Sponsered the parts to help me convert the Pulse Rifle Launcher, Great guys there Thumbs Up.

List of changes

1. Placing a Tri Shotgun into the launcher not sure if its ever been attempted as i was told it wont fit.

2. 200% Helical Gears

3. Ultimate M150 Piston & Head / Cylinder / Systema M100 Spring / Prommy Spring guide / Prommy Air Nozzle

4. Madbull Pythin II Tight Bore Barrel / Fire Fly Hopup

5. Build up of plastic shroud with metal and resin

6. Full rewire ( ptfe silver awg 16 wire )

7. Burst fire AB Mosfet / Deans / 11.1v Lipo

8. Rail Fit for reflex sight / Laser

9. Making larger mag endcap to take 400 round mags with mag fit aid and opening to be able to wind up mags.

10. Make a new trigger sytem for shotgun so it can be used easy for CQB witjout having to take hand off grip as the real pulse rifle from the film had the launcher trigger on the front hand gaurd.

Ill add a photo now and add some more later as they are on my other camera.

I will also be making a video of it all working.

Note this is not a 1/1 replica of the film pulse rifle but one thats made airsoft friendly.

Photo Shows i have a Tri Shotgun installed

post-71288-0-76483000-1352653598_thumb.jpg

how did you fit the tri shotgun in? does it work well? if so well done!

as for the rest of your ideas theyre nice and simple and should make it a nice skirmish gun. only thing i would be careful on is that as it is based on a thompson which uses the v6 gearbox is that helical gears may not fit. i used them once upon a time ago in a tm p90 and they were just that bit too thick for the gearbox. you probably dont need them either, normal gears will be more than fine with an m100 spring. bein gin the uk our mech boxes aren't under the same amount of stress as those across the pond. corectly shimmed normal teeth gears will last for years :). another concern would also be space for the wiring with in the thompson receiver. which mosfet are you thinking of using? the only ones that will be able to do burst fire properly are those from ASCU or the new BTC one. neither of which are for a v6 mechbox. BTC will have one eventualy but like everyone with these lovely things says its coming your better off looking for a unicorn, it wont take as long :P. other than that looks like it will be a nice skirmishable pulse rifle :)

how did you fit the tri shotgun in? does it work well? if so well done!

as for the rest of your ideas theyre nice and simple and should make it a nice skirmish gun. only thing i would be careful on is that as it is based on a thompson which uses the v6 gearbox is that helical gears may not fit. i used them once upon a time ago in a tm p90 and they were just that bit too thick for the gearbox. you probably dont need them either, normal gears will be more than fine with an m100 spring. bein gin the uk our mech boxes aren't under the same amount of stress as those across the pond. corectly shimmed normal teeth gears will last for years :). another concern would also be space for the wiring with in the thompson receiver. which mosfet are you thinking of using? the only ones that will be able to do burst fire properly are those from ASCU or the new BTC one. neither of which are for a v6 mechbox. BTC will have one eventualy but like everyone with these lovely things says its coming your better off looking for a unicorn, it wont take as long :P. other than that looks like it will be a nice skirmishable pulse rifle :)

Hi

Thanks for the kind words.

The shot gun was tricky i had to strip it down and cut it about to make it fit but it works great ive even been able to angle the barrels so it spreads the shots out for a more shotgun like feel.

Im near the end of the build now ive taken alot of photos on my tinkering so i will get them posted.

I use a high torque set up with a 11.1v lipo just so the rof is not too fast but its crisp and hardly any strain on the battery so it lasts ages, the helicals fit great. And im using a fireworks ares mosfet i grabbed from my m4 as im getting a btc one for it.

In all im very happy with it so far , but trying a few paint jobs to see whats best , alot of people said do a weathered look which im trying now.

things are moving slow this week for me as i have the flu or something so im all drugged up and watching every episode of lost while tinkering inbetween :D

you will be able to see more what i mean about cutting the shotgun about when i post more pics. im looking forward to trying it out with the shot gun in game it will make things interesting as i made it lower fps so it can be used safely in CQB which suit my site well as it has a fair few buildings mixed in the forest.

more to come soon as i upload and resize some photos

Here is a couple photos

One is the hand gaurd cage with alloy strips placed down each one to make it more stable and rigid.

One of me starting to do the paint job where i have laid chrome metalic paint over grey primer rubbed down.

Next coat will be high Build primer to level it all out then another thin coat of chrome then a light coat of olive drab.

Then rubbed lightly so some metal shows through and then matt clear coat to protect it a little. then any wear use will show grey/silver through giving a look that the whole shroud is made from metal.

Then a photo of the inner part of hand gaurd where its been stripped out and metal been placed for a hard edge for pump bars to slid up and down when closed.

And the shot gun cut down the back end has been made shorter slightly and rebuilt with fibre glass just so its a better fit.

More to come including making of shot gun trigger

29uzjpt.jpg

369ad.jpg

lw3r8.jpg

v33n1i.jpg

33yi786.jpg

Nice project mate

I'm especially impressed that it was a site like ukbbg that helped you out like that. Ordinarily I would never go anywhere near a shop like that but that's very cool of them!

Ye ive been enjoying this project.

As for ukbbg i didnt ask them i when there as its a driveable distance to look at some cheap shotguns to see what i think could fit and they gave the best one they had to me. I got speaking to them and they are great guys not long in the airsoft gun stuff, but after a chat they asked if i could do repairs for them / services / paint jobs / Hydrographic etc as i do them all, So they could venture into the airsoft players market and maybe open a site to play as there is none near them.

Im sure some sort of deal can be done as we all know all guns need a service when new to get rid of that horrible green gunk most makers use and to shim them correctly which alot of players want but cant do them self.

But we will see what happens i guess we will talk in the new year if they think about it all and lilke the idea.

i best get on with some more tinkering while these head ache tablets are working :D

Archived