Mk23 clone in a rifle form

Corkie121

Hello again, minor update:

The outer barrel is mostly sorted with an inner barrel support and a Guarder silencer fitted into the end. It'll be crowned at the end to flow straight into the silencer, gives it a fairly well finished look. It's also fairly effective, cue not being able to hear this thing from 15m :P

The receiver is being constructed at this point too, but nothing too solid yet, so no photos there. Once it's actually constructed I'll be able to build down from it and fit the new trigger etc, things will move a little faster.

Photo wise, I have only three for you all:

First off, the small piece that is now firmly welded to the stock to provide an alignment point for the mag release and also helps it to blend into the stock far better:

The first time we have met the outer barrel, cut at the bottom to allow it to fit over the pistols frame inside the stock and with a centred support for the barrel, this one is before the silencer appeared:

And finally, a cheeky shot of the barrel fitted to the stock. Planning for it to have a small tab in the stock for it to slide under and then a bolt from the bottom of the stock to hold it in place. Note the stock's new profile, alot lower towards the front to allow the larger barrel to fit:

post-22650-0-90516100-1353157286_thumb.jpg

I'm away most of the weekend, so updates may be sparse til next week.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Cheers

Evening/morning all,

Apologies for the noticeable lack of updates, been busy with work and trying to work out a way to fit this trigger linkage in. It's a headache.

Tomorrow is moving day for my brother so I've been roped in to help, no work to be done on the rifle it would seem :P

Soon however, hopefully, I shall have some more lovely photos for anyone who hasn't got bored of them yet,

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Exciting news! 

Due to the recent acquisition of both free time and a scroll saw, this project has seen a little more life again. If you're unsure what's happened up 'til now, the other pages will fill you in.

After becoming stuck on the trigger issue, I have decided to make a whole new one and get rid of the old mechanism entirely.

The only bits I'm keeping are:

- The Magazine

- The chamber/hop/barrel

- The firing pin (oddly enough there is in fact a firing pin, activated by the hammer. I suspect the manufacturers may have been looking at a real firearm when designing this...)

All the rest is going to be made by yours truly. As an outline of my intentions, a new trigger and hammer are going to be made. These will be very basic, a two part trigger and a hammer that is pulled back and released in one trigger pull. This is essentially a semi automatic firing set up.

The loading bit is going to stop it from being semi automatic, by requiring a bolt to be moved to load each round. This will be the slightly unrealistic part of the build as the bolt will have a short travel, moving forward and then backward to seal against the mag, only acting to collect a new round, a little like an air rifle.

Apologies again for a huge block of text, here are some progress pics to make up for it:

The part of the hammer:

post-22650-0-29421000-1366836034_thumb.jpg

The hammer assembled. The recessed part is a metal weight to help its striking force. 

post-22650-0-02920300-1366836075_thumb.jpg

More in the next post....

Corkie

Hello all!

Turns out that I'd filled up all my attachment allocation, hence the inability to post more photos, what a genius I am...

Anyways, here's some more:

All the parts of the trigger:

post-22650-0-81883800-1366933402_thumb.jpg

And the trigger put together, epoxied and pinned:

post-22650-0-08203300-1366933359_thumb.jpg

And the trigger and hammer on one part of their housing, hopefully soon to have springs added:

post-22650-0-36225000-1366933462_thumb.jpg

And after all that fuss, that's it for now, but more should arrive soon I hope.

Cheers!

Having constructed the firing mechanism, I have discovered that the trigger pull is horrific. Combining the weight of the trigger return, the hammer spring and the long pull length creates a really horrible trigger pull.

So, with this in mind, it's been redesigned and built again, with the addition of a sear, to remove the additional weight from the trigger pull. Waiting on a  KSC Glock 17 hammer spring to be modded into this design but here are progress pics so far:

At rest:

post-22650-0-55163600-1367005070_thumb.jpg

Cocked:

post-22650-0-66878100-1367005071_thumb.jpg

Fired:

post-22650-0-52890400-1367005072_thumb.jpg

As you can see, it's not the most perfect of systems, largely due to the space being worked within (and maybe my lack of engineering skill) however I'm hopeful that with a rod to go from hammer to firing pin and the hammer spring sorted out, it should solve the problem.

Cheers.

Greetings all!

In the absence of a hammer spring over the weekend and the past couple of days, I've been busy working away in the odd hour here and there that I have spare, to move on with some more of the structural and cosmetic features of the build.

So far I've managed to put in a new lower section of the stock, under the trigger etc, a magazine well around the existing pistol grip and a trigger guard. I've also got the barrel seated in, minus the outer barrel, but no pictures of that yet as it's really not that exciting.

Over the next few days I'm hoping to get the hammer working, fill in the fore end and get the outer barrel bedded in so that I can sort out the loading mechanism, and then it'll be down to the last cosmetic features like a top cover, filling and painting etc.

Here she is so far:

The trigger guard all on its own:

post-22650-0-09724800-1367359495_thumb.jpg

Anddd attached, pinned and epoxied to the stock, along with the magazine well:

post-22650-0-32963000-1367359496_thumb.jpg

And as the tiny remaining piece of the pistol is happily attached into the stock as well, here's a pic of the magazine in place:

post-22650-0-25880400-1367359497_thumb.jpg

More soon!

Cheers

Edit: Excuse the state of my garage, I'm not a tidy worker...

Just to keep the ball rolling/add pressure to keep working, the hammer spring has arrived, been fitted and is functioning. The whole trigger unit now works nicely, releasing the hammer with enough force to bruise my nail as I cleverly used that as a test subject. 

In other news, the barrel is now set to automatically return to the rearward position, sealing with the magazine and loading a round as its rest position. Planning to make a small lever, possibly disguised as the charging handle on a real rifle, to push the barrel/nozzle the 8mm forwards that it needs to travel to change mags or load a new round. 

Having tested the barrel seal and position with my thumb to activate the valve, it puts a bb straight through both sides of a cardboard box in its current state.

Fingers crossed that it continues smoothly.

Cheers

Archived