Sportsmanship

Hardcore1-6

You get some funny geardos here, to be sure. I know a lad with money to burn, has a variety of loadouts and setups so precise and accurate that he has things made to measure, and this would be fine, if it were not for the fact that his gear represents some of the scruffiest (meaning worn and hardened) units in the US forces in Afganistan. As a DM, his cams and gear always look like they have come straight out of the shop, and I've seen him scanning Combat and Arms bemoaning how the soldiers (the ACTUAL servicemen themselves) are 'too dirty and unkempt' to be accurate.

Really winds him up when some of the locals (including myself) turn out as PMCs, all scruffy and ragged and in non-standard clothing. :)

However that is by-the-by. I have been brought to mind that the owner of the local shop is an utter gent, both on the field and off. Now, as the only airsoft supplier in Akita you could say that he is only acting out of enlightened self interest, but...

He always has batteries, gas, chargers, loan guns, coffee, biscuits, magazines, and Ipad, shelter and chat for the local shooters. He always drops from uneven games. He's just such a gent.

Above all, however... Though he's played the game for nearly 30 years, possesses an arsenal which would make Sarah Conner blanch, and stands alongside players (both geardos and good lads/lassies alike) who are equipped like gods of war, he never turns out in anything other than his beaten old VN era GI's impression, hauling his old, faithful original Marui XM177. It's such a simple, plain solid image for a simple, plain solid man, without whose constant help the game locally would fall falt on its rump.

• 2 months later...

Airsoft can either be very casual, Or insanely competitive.

I Like to think im pretty well liked where I play. Whenever someone gets a good shot on me I always congratulate them and occasionally have a laugh. When your nice to others there nice to you.

Unfortunately no matter how nice and polite you are. There will always be some jerk. . I remember this one time I accidentally shot a guy to close (he rounded a corner and scarred the heck out of me) He actually screamed in my face like a drill sergeant about shooting to close.

But you just have to turn the other cheek and move on. Most of the time everyone hates them anyway

caught a guy crawling on his stomach towards another team member, i got within 10 metres and made my presence known, he took the hit as the only shot i had on him was in the face and i decided against it. both of us had a chuckle about it.

Always good when that happens. Knowing that your opponent, or yourself in a reverse situation can just say 'fair enough' and take it. :P

Have had many of those moments and many a chuckle about it.

'FireKnife'

On Sunday I was shooting across and in to the gun ring at my local site (old German WW2 bunker). My mate comes up behind me and from about 3m's away decides he isn't going to even attempt to surrender me. His reason being he knows I won't take it and I will attempt to shoot him. He was right, if he had tried to surrender me I wouldn't of taken it and tried to shoot him.

Now for the good sportsmanship. He decided to double tap me square in the middle of my shoulder blades just to make his point. It's nice to know he did exactly the same as I would of done.

square in the middle of my shoulder blades

See now thats what I used to do, however I had a few players wearing plate carriers not take the hit, so now I tend to shoot them in the buttocks,

no long term damage and they can't deny being hit after jumping 2 feet in the air squealing like a girl.

Jim

Archived