FAST Ballistic Helmet Cover Sizing?

lightemup99

I purchased one of the EBAirsoft Opscore FAST Balistic replica helmets, and would like to put a First Spear helmet cover on it.

My question is, what size is appropriate?

Also to anyone that owns one, I mount my Contour camera on the velcro above the ARC rail, is the cover secure enough for this?

Thanks!

Uh ... I have found that not to be the case with the repilca helmets I've encountered. All the ballistic type Ops-Core helmets are fitted to M/L First Spear cover sizing. I have both a real and replica Ops-Core Ballistic helmet. Both fit in the M/L covers. The real M/L Base Jump and Carbon Helmets require S/M First Spear Helmet covers. Can not comment on the replica Base Jump and Carbon helmets as they vary in external size from company to company and the material used (ABS vs Fiberglass).

Huh. Interesting. Are they externally larger or internally larger? I have a couple friends who's head won't fit into either my Dragon Red helmet nor my RS M/L Ballistic and Carbon Helmets. If the Emerson brand ones are more accommodating ... I'll tell them to buy one of those.

Uh ... I have found that not to be the case with the repilca helmets I've encountered. All the ballistic type Ops-Core helmets are fitted to M/L First Spear cover sizing. I have both a real and replica Ops-Core Ballistic helmet. Both fit in the M/L covers. The real M/L Base Jump and Carbon Helmets require S/M First Spear Helmet covers. Can not comment on the replica Base Jump and Carbon helmets as they vary in external size from company to company and the material used (ABS vs Fiberglass).

The only replica that I know of that takes a M/L cover is the Dragon Red clones. The Emerson ones take L/XL, which is what I am assuming the OP got. They are quite a bit larger.

EDIT: What ctres said.

I'm pretty sure that there are really only two different types of ops core clones. The dragonred premium ones, and everything else. The other ones are sold under all different names but from what I have heard these ones are much more accommodating for a larger head whereas the dragonred premiums are sized about like a M/L ops core. The emersons and other rebrands (as far as I can tell) all have really thin shells and cheaper quality materials.

I'm pretty sure that there are really only two different types of ops core clones. The dragonred premium ones, and everything else.

The way I generally tell the difference between the DragonRedAirsoft premium ones and everything else is via the four main screws used to attach the helmet liner to the helmet shell and arc rails. The DRA premium ones have a nice rounded bowl shape head to the screw (which is accurate to the real deal) where as all the others have a flattened face to the screw and are smaller. I'm pretty impressed by the DRA ones. I'll weigh one tonight to compare the weight to my RS Ballistic Ops-Core Helmet but they feel close.

The other ones are sold under all different names but from what I have heard these ones are much more accommodating for a larger head whereas the dragonred premiums are sized about like a M/L ops core. The emersons and other rebrands (as far as I can tell) all have really thin shells and cheaper quality materials.

This is what I have observed to be the case too. The DRA premium helmets are exactly the same dimensions as my real ballistic M/L Ops-Core helmet. A couple of my friends couldn't fit into the DRA helmets though, so the emerson rebrands might be a better option for them.

• 1 month later...

Ok, then I will order the L/XL version then.

Link to the exact replica I have:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/fast-helmet-p-5368.html

Please keep us posted, I got the same helmet for Christmas and I'm also looking to buy a First Spear helmet cover.

If It's any help, the box for the Large size was checked on the package my helmet came in, and not the Medium box. I'm sized to fit a size Medium Kevlar PASGT helmet and the MICH Medium helmets. The replica Ops Core FAST helmet fits me fine, I think the shell looks a tad bit to big on my head, but everyone tells me it looks just fine, so I don't know which brand I got, other then It's the same link yours is from. 

Please keep us posted, I got the same helmet for Christmas and I'm also looking to buy a First Spear helmet cover.

If It's any help, the box for the Large size was checked on the package my helmet came in, and not the Medium box. I'm sized to fit a size Medium Kevlar PASGT helmet and the MICH Medium helmets. The replica Ops Core FAST helmet fits me fine, I think the shell looks a tad bit to big on my head, but everyone tells me it looks just fine, so I don't know which brand I got, other then It's the same link yours is from. 

If I do end up picking one up I'll let you know 

Archived