Finally, after months of owning one of these, I got it to work. A bit.

Disconnector problems from the first 3 days of owning it.

Tried to file the hammer mech as a suggested fullauto/burst fix, but it just made it worse. So got replacements for the WE XDM(yes it fits the M&P).

Finally found a fix that seems to work. 2 strips of electrical tape on the top of the BBU and now it hits the disconnector so the hammer locks back on cycle.

Next up, months and months of contemplating a hop-up fix for the stuck hop adjuster.

WE, not the first time I end up with *fruitcage* products. Half arsed through QC.

Can not in my sound mind recommend this product.

Thinks this will work for your hop?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/maple-leaf-wheel-marui-glockmp92-p-8777.html

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Front sight dovetail cut on slide is too wide and front sight has a pin that goes through slide.     Rear sight (left) has channel for blowback unit while RS sight (right) does not. Rear sight al

I took a little time to recontour and stipple my HK3P M&P more like my real M&Ps. I decided to go with a combination between how Boresight Solutions and ATEiGuns do their frames. The one thing

Hi there,  The issues with the WE M&Ps has been resolved for a couple of years now, it initially took them quite some time to sort that one out - very disappointing at the time though !   The

Posted Images

Finally, after months of owning one of these, I got it to work. A bit.

Disconnector problems from the first 3 days of owning it.

Tried to file the hammer mech as a suggested fullauto/burst fix, but it just made it worse. So got replacements for the WE XDM(yes it fits the M&P).

Finally found a fix that seems to work. 2 strips of electrical tape on the top of the BBU and now it hits the disconnector so the hammer locks back on cycle.

Next up, months and months of contemplating a hop-up fix for the stuck hop adjuster.

WE, not the first time I end up with *fruitcage* products. Half arsed through QC.

Can not in my sound mind recommend this product.

Should've just bought a TM M&P.. they work perfectly.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't work for me. Got squeezed very tightly when the hop unit was assembled. Couldn't adjust.

And the design of the wheel is a little peculiar. It's a very small recess beneath a big recess. Doesn't really catch the hop arm properly and makes for difficult assembly.

Ended up grinding my hop arm, where it meets the hop wheel and fitted the original wheel. Now it can adjust with the help of a flathead screwdriver and a lot of force. It is a nail cracker for sure.

Edited by daloonie
  • 6 months later...

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I have 6 tokyo marui M&P guns in different forms of customs. I was really thinking of getting a SAI Nova Slide and a WE M&Pc and making the SAI compact M&P. Has anyone had any dealings with the WE M&P compacts? I had one of the early model "Big Birds" and it just flat out failed and didn't ever work properly. Are there any of the same issues with the compact? Maybe the newer generations don't have the same issues? Any experience would be great.

• Like 1

Didn't work for me. Got squeezed very tightly when the hop unit was assembled. Couldn't adjust.

And the design of the wheel is a little peculiar. It's a very small recess beneath a big recess. Doesn't really catch the hop arm properly and makes for difficult assembly.

Ended up grinding my hop arm, where it meets the hop wheel and fitted the original wheel. Now it can adjust with the help of a flathead screwdriver and a lot of force. It is a nail cracker for sure.

Same here, but with the Maple Leaf hop up housing, lol.

I had to loosen the housing screws to adjust the hop. What rubbish.

Also the teeth on that wheel are way to shallow and it's made from pretty impact fragile material so adjusting with a tool (pushing the notches with a flathead screwdriver) resulted in instant wear/damage.

You could reduce the thickness of the wheel and file down the notches deeper, but out of the box/bag, so very not impressed.

No issues for me regarding the spiral groove though. It's extended compared to normal wheels to allow more range of adjustment with less turn movement (i.e. more precise adjustments).

I got the Maple Leaf hop housing for the Glock with arm and I-key, and the wheel, and a Maple Leaf 60 yellow rubber. Everything was nice except the wheel I suppose.

I peeked through the barrel when adjusting the hop and it does seem to give even and precise pressure to the nub.

Not tested it yet though.

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I have 6 tokyo marui M&P guns in different forms of customs. I was really thinking of getting a SAI Nova Slide and a WE M&Pc and making the SAI compact M&P. Has anyone had any dealings with the WE M&P compacts? I had one of the early model "Big Birds" and it just flat out failed and didn't ever work properly. Are there any of the same issues with the compact? Maybe the newer generations don't have the same issues? Any experience would be great.

Hi there,

The issues with the WE M&Ps has been resolved for a couple of years now,

it initially took them quite some time to sort that one out - very disappointing at the time though !

The latest batch have improved hammer/Sears etc...

You should still be able to pick up a Nova or Detonator SAI M&Pc kit.

The Detonator has a nicer finish if you want to splash the cash ;)

Beware of getting the HK3P (WE trademarked) version of the M&Pc just in case you come across some old stock,

the WE trademarked frame for the M&Pc is still available under the Nebula brand.

Cheers.

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 2
  • 2 years later...

Thought I'd add my thoughts on this gun, as I've shot both this one, and the real M&P.
Real one:

I do have to say I kinda hate the real one. My first one locked up after every single shot. It was replaced with another one that functioned good. It had the thumb safety however. Unlike the Hi-Power Mk.III, where it locks the slide, with the M&P it locks the pin. This can be very confusing when you are shooting. The gun blocks, you do a standard tap/rack, and still no dice. Then you notice the thumb safety is slightly on. It is VERY easy to move. Best way to shoot the real one is with your thumb constantly on the thumb safety.

Another thing I didn't like is that there is a noticeable gap between the grip and slide. This can let dirt into the gun (sand,..). It also has a weird way of taking apart. They clearly tried to imitate Glock, but didn't quite succeed.

WE Toucan:

Serial 05317. First time I loaded, it vented all the gas due to a bad seal. After repair, it functioned great. After a few uses, it started firing auto bursts. Did the filing mod and it has worked perfect since.

It has different dimensions to the real M&P, so it doesn't fit all real accessories. For instance, the grips of the real one are not interchangeable. As said above, the real one has a very noticeable gap between the grip and the slide. The Toucan has much closer tolerances. It is also missing the thumb safety, which is a good thing.

Overall, I like this replica. I enjoy it more then I did the real one.