Too lazy to take my gun apart and take pics of the hop up assembly. With the barrel facing forward for reference, the source of the problem comes from the left shell of the hop up unit. Remove the screws to take the unit apart. Remove the barrel, bucking, hop up arm and wheel (should be sitting within post of right shell) and place the wheel in the left shell to see where it rubs. If it is a recurring defect in the mold process, you should see the wheel is rubbing on the 1 o'clock position of the left side hop up shell. I took a Dremel with a grinding bit and removed the portion from where it is open at 12 o'clock to around 2 o'clock. Periodically clean it, reassembly two halves together and check to see if hop up wheel spins freely.

Edit: That's what I ended up doing after a quick troubleshooting. I see other people replacing or modifying the wheel. If you find an easier method, please look into doing that. Work with whatever parts and tools you have available.

Edited by WTF?Shane
  • Like 1
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Front sight dovetail cut on slide is too wide and front sight has a pin that goes through slide.     Rear sight (left) has channel for blowback unit while RS sight (right) does not. Rear sight al

I took a little time to recontour and stipple my HK3P M&P more like my real M&Ps. I decided to go with a combination between how Boresight Solutions and ATEiGuns do their frames. The one thing

Hi there,  The issues with the WE M&Ps has been resolved for a couple of years now, it initially took them quite some time to sort that one out - very disappointing at the time though !   The

Posted Images

I had a strange experience with mine, a few burst issues at first,

then when I decided to try pullng the trigger a bit harder instead of a gentle squeeze,

it didn't happen again ???

I suppose this means it will probably come back to haunt me at some stage with a vengence,

until the file is put into play :)

Hey Ivan,

Check your number when you get yours, it shouldn't be too far off 2941.

Like I mentioned on the previous page, the first couple of times It was fired - it became a Glock 18 ;)

Thankfully it sorted itself out, which to be honest doesn't happen in the Airsoft world !

It's nice to have a trademarked version, even if the engraving is probably not to the same debt of a normal aftermarket slide,

but at least if the slides don't come to market, it's better than nothing.

I wasnt expecting too much from an engraved WE slide, so either way I'm happy :)

Yes correct Ivan, TMC.

I think the first few they got sold out within a day,

And the second batch was something similar, having said that they only had small quantities.

I half expected to see similar versions popping up at Airsoft Global & Boomarms, but nothing as of yet.

The fix itself seems simple, getting the hammer mechanism in and out might not be so simple for the uninitiated.

I don't want to have take apart and file down bits of a brand new gun because the manufacturer didn't do their job properly. I've already destroyed one pistol while trying to mod it which is why I bought the m&p so I'm certainly not going to mess about with it.

Sorely disappointed that it's so poorly designed/ manufactured. Guess that's what happens when you don't have a marui to clone.

I don't want to have take apart and file down bits of a brand new gun because the manufacturer didn't do their job properly. I've already destroyed one pistol while trying to mod it which is why I bought the m&p so I'm certainly not going to mess about with it.

Sorely disappointed that it's so poorly designed/ manufactured. Guess that's what happens when you don't have a marui to clone.

It's a pity there isnt anybody in your area who could have a quick look at it for you,

it's an easy fix for someone experienced in dealing with Glocks etc.

It might save you a lot of trouble in returning it.

Hmmm... The trades look alright but a little faint, in your pics at least. The pics on arms-cool looked better, if it is the same, aka ghost island.

Anyways.

I had a go with my black M&P today. Field stripped, cleaned, lubed and lock-tighted everything. Dry-fired maybe 300-400 rounds indoors.

Felt good and held up nicely. I did some messing about with cooling mags down, filling, and warming up so it's not a good referense for gas efficiency but I got about 30-40 good shots out of each mags with full power and then another 10-20 with reduced power.

The stronger spring seemed to eat up more gas but that's just a feeling for now.

Overall, me gusta :o

Ivan, I have no idea what you are asking or saying. Obvious in what way, that it does fit, or that it doesn't ? And your last row poses the same question in two different formats ?

Anyways,

Heads up from Boobie M4H, exploding M&P mag!

I just serviced my mags two days ago and am now afraid I might have overtightened that screw :|

Edited by NonEx

Mate says that the M&P is a snug fit in a serpa which normally takes KSC/TM glocks so the choice is yours. Personally; I've gone for kydex over serpas this time. I may get the M&P serpa at some point but right now the holster situation at my house is silly with over 15 of the buggers.

Oh, an the M&P compact actually looks better with the full size mags - If you just ignore that stupid toucan on the grip extension that is.

Edited by Philbucknall