When I get back to the US I'll see if I can shim a RS front sight to fit and glue it in place. I'll do the same on the VFC. The WE definitely won't accept RS rear sights since it uses a TM style rear sight which has an elongated base which extends down into the upper slide. The VFC compact may be similar to their Stark Glocks which don't have that issue and can accommodate RS rear sights with a shim.

Despite the Trades being light and shallow its still a nice better touch then no trades at all. Have been debating whether i should pick a M&P up or wait for a Marui Version

I doubt even TM even knows when their M&P is coming out. The only GBB contenders for Full Size M&P at this time are the WE/HK3P and the VFC which *should* be out before year's end.

Aside from the addition of trades, the HK3P also has a better finish than the regular WE version. How long that finish will last is anyone's guess. But if the gun proves decent but has bad paint I may consider getting it Cerakoted.

• Like 1
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Front sight dovetail cut on slide is too wide and front sight has a pin that goes through slide.     Rear sight (left) has channel for blowback unit while RS sight (right) does not. Rear sight al

I took a little time to recontour and stipple my HK3P M&P more like my real M&Ps. I decided to go with a combination between how Boresight Solutions and ATEiGuns do their frames. The one thing

Hi there,  The issues with the WE M&Ps has been resolved for a couple of years now, it initially took them quite some time to sort that one out - very disappointing at the time though !   The

Posted Images

I did some comparison with RS M&P sights and it will not fit.

Maybe if you find a sight with similar footprint to the OEM WE M&P front sight.

Thanks. Might just have to glue it on or find a way to fill the gap. I'm not sure if there are any other sights with a similar shape as M&P sights.

When I get back to the US I'll see if I can shim a RS front sight to fit and glue it in place. I'll do the same on the VFC. The WE definitely won't accept RS rear sights since it uses a TM style rear sight which has an elongated base which extends down into the upper slide. The VFC compact may be similar to their Stark Glocks which don't have that issue and can accommodate RS rear sights with a shim.

Let me know how it goes.

This might be of interest to you regarding RS sights. Seems this guy put aftermarket sights (RS?) on his WE/HK3 M&P. Not much info nor pics of how it's done, but looks like it is possible;

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-141358-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhj2wMTjFqw9oTLMe3MDOLSuS5re8A

I also have to say, I like that setup ALOT. Considering just started playing the new Splinter Cell this kind of setup appeals to me.

Edited by NonEx

Hmm that's interesting, shaved down his blowback housing. Look like RS glock suppressor sights. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread asked about mounting an RMR. I might have to try that for an at-home training piece to go along with my real steel M&P9 w/ RMR;

34771bb.jpg

• Like 1

That definitely looks interesting. Might be something to look into in the future. For now, I'm more interested in just getting front sights installed. His front sights look like it fit pretty well and then maybe glued into place.

If the registration process to arms-cool isn't a pain, I may get on and ask how he installed all of that in my broken Chinese. If he does reply, I can't gaurantee a translation back into English. My reading is pretty poor.

Edited by vzx
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet. The WE base plates on the full size mags are undersized/too short front to back. WE basically took the measurement for the M&P compact base plate which is smaller and applied it to the full size base plate. Which also means the grip shape has been adjusted accordingly too.

Here's the WE base plate next to my RS mag well:

post-29472-0-20329100-1378278923_thumb.jpg

post-29472-0-85452400-1378278933_thumb.jpg

Edited by uscmCorps

Does anyone know whether this piece is essential to the gun's operation? It belongs in the side of the hammer assembly and it has been giving me light strikes. Without this piece, I can still shoot and do so without light strikes. I think the problem is that the slide isn't making enough contact with this piece to allow the release/strike pin to pull all the way back - so instead, the pin just get stuck there.

If this thing doesn't do anything, I'm going to just leave it out.

7zf4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I took a little time to recontour and stipple my HK3P M&P more like my real M&Ps. I decided to go with a combination between how Boresight Solutions and ATEiGuns do their frames. The one thing I've had trouble doing to my liking was cutting lines into the borders like how Boresight Solutions does his, so I omitted it (for now). The material WE used for the back straps are really gummy rubber and don't take stippling nearly as well as real back straps do.

1tqx.jpg

1n8m.jpg

Texture close up:

plzf.jpg

Pic of the trigger undercut. Also, all seam lines have been removed (WE seams were pretty bad):

gq5t.jpg

Texture comparison with my Boresight Solutions M&P frame:

2dak.jpg

Pic of my M&P Full Size family (top to bottom: HK3P, Boresight/ATEi, ATEi):

aa7k.jpg

And for those who like the threaded barrel look:

jygg.jpg

blb8.jpg

Oh, and I stand corrected regarding the base pad sizing. You guys were right. WE changed the measurements in the way you said (real M&P on the left, WE/HK3P on the right):

jw82.jpg

• Like 3

I was troubleshooting my M&P today and a piece of metal fell out. It is the tab for the outer barrel that hooks onto the locking lug on the frame. The handgun doesn't cycle because the outer barrel will not go out of battery (not sure if that's the proper term). 

Anyone know where to source a spare or aftermarket outer barrel? Not really looking to buy a new upper or gun. I can try WE but they will direct me to Evike, and most likely not an item in stock as I am currently waiting on magazine baseplates from them.

Edit: Awesome pics, uscmCorps!

Edited by WTF?Shane
  • Like 1

RATech have aftermarket outer barrels:

http://en.ratech.com.tw/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=887:rag-we-118&catid=27&Itemid=119

That's the only option I've seen so far. If you bought it from Evike, perhaps you can convince them to send you a replacement (by gutting one of their inventory guns).

Edit: Found the sale link on RATech's AST Store:

http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=842

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm really confused now, WE release an M&P that's basically defective due to Dodgy hammer-sear components,

but they release a reinforced sear for an XDM ?

So is this part for the XDM compatible with the M&P, and it's just WE's way of releasing a fix without admitting a fault with the original product ?

Time to take apart an XDM to find out ;)

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_239&products_id=17463

Edited by Squad 701

I'm really confused now, WE release an M&P that's basically defective due to Dodgy hammer-sear components,

but they release a reinforced sear for an XDM ?

So is this part for the XDM compatible with the M&P, and it's just WE's way of releasing a fix without admitting a fault with the original product ?

Time to take apart an XDM to find out ;)

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_239&products_id=17463

pretty sure the XDM and M&P sears are not compatible, but that sear looks identical to original doesnt look reinforced, maybe they extended the catch itself so itll wear out like the old one, but without such a fine trigger like it has stock it wont lose the hammer so easily

Im having a run of steel sears made for my XDMs

Edited by TnL