Custom Weapon Builds: Progress Thread

Kenworth W900

This thread is a communal space for all entrants to this years custom weapon competition to post progress updates on their builds :D

Feel free to add pics, diagrams and background material. Blog as freely as you like about your current progress with your creations.

Even those who are not entering the competition can get involved - post your questions, comments and thoughts on the custom builds. Your constructive criticism could end up helping towards the weapon which wins this years contest!

Okey doke. Few big bits to start off with.

Reciever

From this

20120925_091909.jpg

To this

20120925_091921.jpg

Heat Shield

Cut drilled and hot blued

20120925_091944.jpg

Barrel and Barrel Nut

Still a WIP but you get the idea. Still need to bore the barrel and turn down both parts more to allow for a solid fit. Also looking to knurl the nut

20120925_092009.jpg

20120925_091931.jpg

All parts so far are steel and are going to to be hot/niter blued. We may parkerize them if I can get some manganese phosphate. Where possible we're aiming to do a mostly steel build with some ali parts if we can't do it outta steel.

Ta

Dave & Matt

I have another idea that will cost me pretty much the same, but require significantly more elbow grease.

There's a Denix sawn-off shotty sold for 75 quid over here. I gotta check if it's going to work with Goblin shells (technically similar to Tanaka, Madbull, etc.) and how hard will it be to do it.

Okey doke. Few big bits to start off with.

Reciever

From this

To this

Heat Shield

Cut drilled and hot blued

Barrel and Barrel Nut

Still a WIP but you get the idea. Still need to bore the barrel and turn down both parts more to allow for a solid fit. Also looking to knurl the nut

All parts so far are steel and are going to to be hot/niter blued. We may parkerize them if I can get some manganese phosphate. Where possible we're aiming to do a mostly steel build with some ali parts if we can't do it outta steel.

Ta

Dave & Matt

Looks good, some kind of old school SMG?

Looking good guys. One thing id like to add, can we not quote pics please? It kills me phone :)

I sadly dont have access to any of the kit i need to make it, but i have the beginnings of a plan to make an SMG from Borderlands :)

Yes, please do not quote pics from now on in this section. It's not necessary, particularly within the same page, and it is, at best, annoying for most thread browsers.

Can we give Kalashnikov_kid his own thread? I'd love to see a proper introduction to the gun and what he plans, and why he chose it.

[EDIT]I mean, can everyone with a project get their own thread, for the same reason?[/EDIT]

As I have explained already, anyone who enters the competition and starts their builds is more than welcome to document their progress in an individual build thread of their very own. However, I am not forcing anybody to do this - hence why this communal thread was created.

Thanks guys, Matt and I have put about 3hrs into it so far. Can do a separate thread if needed

Ta

K_K

KKid - I actively encourage the in depth documenting of all the custom builds so please do feel free to post your own thread within the sub-forum. However, just to reiterate, you can just use this communal thread if you like.

And one more reminder to all builders - if you create your own thread, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance if it becomes cluttered.

• 2 weeks later...

right guys, time for a progress update, its not going to reveal much but we are waiting to start manufacture before we reveal more. the reason for not revealing more is that there are a lot of prototype features on this piece that don't exist in airsoft, needless to say the only thing that we have used as a bench mark is the trigger mech.

this is a project between myself and keswick and so far is going well. more shall be revealed in a full blog yet to come but for now all you need to know is that this pic is not just face value, it is completely designed inside and out and ready to function.

hope you al enjoy :)

secret.jpg

Made this a couple of years back :)

I've put a small wireless camera inside the body of my TM P90TR, just under the barrel, with a rechargeable 9V battery in the handgrip, and an on / off switch and charging port near the rear of the gun.

It will transmit to a hand-held screen (size of a large phone) that will also record onto memory card, for some nice FPS-style footage, and corner-shooting (where the site allows!). Just need to stop spending all my money so I can buy the screen! I've got a receiver that plugs into a TV, so it's all tested and working great :)

There's also a light and laser operated from two switches mounted into the side of the gun, near the front.

Apologies for the crappy pictures, my camera seems to bring out all the scratches perfectly =/

jIMzil.jpg

GYYpPl.jpg

B2va0l.jpg

And one 'teaser' for the AA-12 getting underway :)

AgR9Gl.jpg

Archived