KJ-Works KP-09: CZ-75 Custom Engraved Version

Here is a quick and rough open box overview of the new KJ-Works KP09. I am not familiar with CZs in general and its like most Eastern Bloc gun(does Czech count as Eastern Bloc?) in that I have no idea what to look for.The model always kinda intrigue me and the KSC version being rare and expensive as it is, especially in full metal kit trim(the only way to go...lol), I've never took the plunge for one. Then I saw the custom engraved version of the full metal KJ-Work on Tokyo Model and I was intrigued enough to take the plunge. The price is pretty good...Today a week later after I ordered it the gun arrived. US CBP had looked over the box and left it alone. Took me about 20 min to remove the orange paint applied at the muzzle and rub off all the black goo that masked the trades.

The gun comes with 2 mags, a CO2 and a Gas mag:

original.jpg

The gun's finish is a pretty convincing metal black. Kinda dull looking but has a bit of a cold blue steel feel to it. Has a good heft in hand...no scale to weigh it though...

original.jpg

original.jpg

The version here has custom 3rd party engraving done outside of KJ. I think someone mentioned it was done by A Plus in HK. The engraving work is pretty nice. Its none of that KSC TW slide style white laser etching(the slight whiteness you see in the marking is the lint left by the paper towel trying to remove the goo...) There is definitely some depth and definition to the marking.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Pretty impressed, especially considering the price point. The worse part is probably the outer barrel, which is pretty poorly finished.

The gun field stripped as you'd expect. Drop the mag, pull the slide all the way back, push out the slide catch lever, let the slide go forward, depress the trigger and the slide should come off.

original.jpg

Interior of the frame is fairly uncluttered...most parts are pot metal which probably adds to the heft.

original.jpg

All in all not a bad gun. I think the engraved model now is also carried by other HK shop also...

Compare the size of a CZ to a 1911...

original.jpg

Slide locked back:

original.jpg

Now I have never seen the KSC version, so I have no idea what is compatible with that. From some reading from Arms-Cool, the hop-up is TM-based, the nozzle looks kinda like a mix between TM and System 7 KSC. The lower looks like nothing I know of. The kick of the gun on propane is minimum at room temp of just about 68 deg F. The interesting thing about CZ is that the slide is a lot smaller, so less moving mass = less kick. Looking at the big double stack mag the gun will probably have good mileage per charge. Don't have any CO2 cap on hand to test the CO2 mag. Accuracy wise it seems to group OK. But the POI is a bit off over a 6m range(shooting high and a bit to the left).. Sights are non-adjustable and doesn't look like real sight could work. Trigger is a DA/SA like the real thing. DA pull has a high inital resistance. SA has a lot of take up and not a very defined break.

Arms-Cool's poster said that real grip panel will work on this KJ piece. So more option to make it look more special. Considering the price to get the KSC version with full SD/Prime kit, this is a bargain if you just want to get a half decent KJ....Not sure if I'll keep this for long(kinda of an impulse buy), but I wouldn't mind doing so...

Edited by RacingManiac
  • Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a quick and rough open box overview of the new KJ-Works KP09. I am not familiar with CZs in general and its like most Eastern Bloc gun(does Czech count as Eastern Bloc?) in that I have no idea

Sorry just noticed this.   The real one field strips by pulling the slide back just a little so the two nothces on the rear of the frame and slide match up, then the slide stop can be removed.   I

Check out this video for disassembly and reassembly instructions;  

Posted Images

I would be interested to see how this preforms on Co2, especially in the cold.

the ability to run it on standard gas in the summer, and go over to Co2 in the winter looks very tempting.

although I don't need a second pistol, this may well persuade me otherwise....

Edited by bobthebuilder

The gun field stripped as you'd expect. Drop the mag, pull the slide all the way back, push out the slide catch lever, let the slide go forward, depress the trigger and the slide should come off.

Sorry just noticed this.

The real one field strips by pulling the slide back just a little so the two nothces on the rear of the frame and slide match up, then the slide stop can be removed.

Is this actually the case on this one or do you have to pull the slide all the way back to remove the catch?

'FireKnife'

• Like 1

Sorry just noticed this.

The real one field strips by pulling the slide back just a little so the two nothces on the rear of the frame and slide match up, then the slide stop can be removed.

Is this actually the case on this one or do you have to pull the slide all the way back to remove the catch?

'FireKnife'

I noticed those notches, everytime I took it apart I had to pull the slide all the way back before I can push the lever out. I need to confirm this later...

Ah as I thought, the manual does say to do it with the notches. I do recall the KSC ones had to be disassembled in this way, maybe the KJ one is fine with it being done either way :P.

Either way when I have cash and a shop that sells it that isn't pussyfooting around with my defence then I will get one.

'FireKnife'

I can confirm that the hop up is a tm style affair but not completely tm compatible. The barrel could be modified from a tm spec one but the hop up rubber is proprietary, albeit tm styled.

Once I can get a range day sorted I'll report if it (hopefully) has the tm style performance in range and accuracy. :D

I tested the standard no-trades KP-09 and found it to be rather unpleasant. Much like the KSC System7 CZ-75, but with none of the precision or smoothness that the KSC has. It feels like a KJW gun from 2004 - crummy :(

We sent it back from whence it came :D

I have both and yes there is a difference in feel and "character" but the kjw is made of aluminium vs ksc/kwa:s soft magnesium, so for my part the kjw wins - and the trades are really great. After some lubrication the mechanism is also quite smooth, ok not as smooth as ksc/kwa but ok. The painted trades on my ksc/kwa are embarrasing and it double fires far to much for any one to argue that ksc/kwa has higher quality. Also, the rougher brushed aluminium outerbarrel with its deep trades is more realistic looking than my RATech chromed steel one. One thing though, the barrel sits perfectly tight on the kwa but the Aplus outer barrel is loose/wobbly, any one encountered the same thing+ any ideas to fix it?

Edited by Obitwo

I have noticed that - my trademarked CZ75 has a much sloppier innerbarrel to outer fit than the stock KJW without markings.

A bushing of some sort around the barrel may help, I'll see about getting one fabricated.

In terms of accuracy, from the short amount of use it got in my last CQB game (I had a TM MP7 to break in too, you see :D) It worked fine, though it definitely likes Co2 more than green. This is probably due to the fact that KJW pistols tend to have a 300% hammer spring in them to work with Co2, which overgasses the system when using greengas.

I did do a quick test with mine to see the difference between point of aim to impact...

original.jpg

The gun was shot on a improvised rest, with the gun being supported at the dust cover, 2 hands grip and slow aimed shot(single action) at around 7M. Point of aim is on the bulls eye and the shot pretty consistently ended up in the upper left of it, The paper is a regular 8.5" x 11" paper.

I see that with alot of KJ pistols unfortunatly, that the sights are ver so slightly off, annoying... :|

EDIT: OK let me be more specific, I have found that to be the case with all KJ guns I have owned or shot. About half a dozen in total.

OT I think my HK PX4 also is slightly off but I can't exactly recall. Damn shame really.

Edited by NonEx