KJ-Works KP-09: CZ-75 Custom Engraved Version

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a quick and rough open box overview of the new KJ-Works KP09. I am not familiar with CZs in general and its like most Eastern Bloc gun(does Czech count as Eastern Bloc?) in that I have no idea

Sorry just noticed this.   The real one field strips by pulling the slide back just a little so the two nothces on the rear of the frame and slide match up, then the slide stop can be removed.   I

Check out this video for disassembly and reassembly instructions;  

Posted Images

Decent. You can tell its painted, but its not bad quality, not very glassy. Its not really the plated/blued look that you'd expect a real steel pistol looks, nor is it the anodized look that you see on maybe the Nova/PGC/SD kitted GBB pistol.. But Its not bad. Better than the cheap TW slide that some KSC Taiwan gun comes with, and better than say the pot metal frame finish like you find on stock TM Hi-Capa 5.1's mid frame.

Decent. You can tell its painted, but its not bad quality, not very glassy. Its not really the plated/blued look that you'd expect a real steel pistol looks, nor is it the anodized look that you see on maybe the Nova/PGC/SD kitted GBB pistol.. But Its not bad. Better than the cheap TW slide that some KSC Taiwan gun comes with, and better than say the pot metal frame finish like you find on stock TM Hi-Capa 5.1's mid frame.

I just ordered this from ehobby and I'm expecting that i'll get the same finish you got as pictured. Did they still use pot metal zinc on this one?

The pot metal bits are a lot more obvious inside for the inner support structure around the hammer mechanism and the BBU and the trigger/trigger support. They painted the outside with the inner bits out, a slight bit of overspray can be seen in this pic at the front of the trigger assembly:

http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/image/147419471

I think the frame/slide are actually aluminum, probably cast.....painted after. Wouldn't be surprise if its the same stuff as the barrel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of my full metal pistols (that's all of my pistols) rattle. With real pistols, some of that rattle is taken cared of by tighter tolerances, and the spring tension of the recoil spring.

If you want to try and tighten it up and reduce some of the rattle, read this guys review on the Maruzen P99. He uses shipping labels coated in graphite (pencil) to tighten up the action.

Your Mileage May Vary.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Maruzen-P99-t71310.html

-Vu

Thanks, but the KWA cz75 barrel is deadtight and has movement smooth like butter, and my Guarder upgraded m9 and MEU has also no rattle. ( Some rattle between slide and frame on a classic 1911 I can live with but not between barrel and slide.) This is the worst experienced so far. But I have found the CAUSE!!

Inside the slide (on the left wall/side) there is a bar that pushes the barrel forward into locked position. It is 1mm too far back to lock properly to fix the barrel (or to put it differently; the barrel left side notch that takes it is 1mm to far front - depends on how you see it). Place à small piece of metal and fix/ glue it on the slide bar and the play/ wobble is gone.( I cut small pieces from of aluminium from soda cans -Easy to customise with scissors for all kind of bad tolerances)

Edited by Obitwo
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick picture comparrison between the KJW CZ75 (KP-09) and the KSC (Taiwan) CZ75,

they both weigh just under a kilo, and as far as I can remember one shoots a tiny bit low (KSC) and the other high.

I have not had much time with the KJW only testing the CO2 which worked perfectly, I was a bit dubious as there was not even

a hiss of gas as I tightened the capsule, so was expecting a failure but was quite the opposite.

There is not much of a physical difference between them aside from some trademarks, and KSC's glossier smoother finish,

just the hammer difference really, the KJW's hammer doesnt rest fully on the BBU hex-screw area.

KSC Taiwan CZ75 & KJW CZ75 (Custom) (apologies for bad lighting, maybe update tomorrow if sun shows up)

IMG_9069.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

• Like 1

I had owned the KSC CZ75 (System 7 version) and it shot high like what you have indicated.  It is because the rear sights are significantly higher than the front sight.  Real steel CZ75 do not have this problem.

However is the KJW rear sight casted onto the frame?  

Also how is the kick difference between the KSC and the KJW?

I see that the grips on your Kjw is trademarked with CZ and the trigger is chromed - have you swopped parts with a KSC or have new upgrade parts come out, where to buy? Also, did your Kjw have any barrel wobble when bought?

Hi Obitwo,

It's a custom Guarder version from Taiwan, great engraving that actually looks stamped and chrome trigger and barrel,

the barrel is a newer version, so I'm not sure if KJW have updated these themselves or Guarder done it.

But the basic KJW On TMC has chrome barrel and trigger now, no trades on barrel though.

The grips are definetly Guarder ;) and yes the barrel has a very slight rattle,

the only other difference I forgot to mention between the KSC & KJW.

Yes, If it hadn´t been the rattle, I would have felt that the KJW was the superior one with the steel hammer, sturdier materials and no painted markings which I felt were awful (the fantastic fit between parts on the KSC/KWA should however be mentioned though). There is a very similar KJW upgrade which I have -exact same markings but sadly still with original black trigger + grips (producer called Aplus, on EhobbyA and ASGlobal)

Edited by Obitwo
  • 2 months later...