KJ-Works KP-09: CZ-75 Custom Engraved Version

Worked well while it lasted, but after some not altogether heavy use, the entire safety assembly on mine has decided to spontaneously disassemble itself. Still functions (without a safety, of course), but I'm a bit disappointed. Does anyone know a source to get spare parts for these?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a quick and rough open box overview of the new KJ-Works KP09. I am not familiar with CZs in general and its like most Eastern Bloc gun(does Czech count as Eastern Bloc?) in that I have no idea

Sorry just noticed this.   The real one field strips by pulling the slide back just a little so the two nothces on the rear of the frame and slide match up, then the slide stop can be removed.   I

Check out this video for disassembly and reassembly instructions;  

Posted Images

Try contacting KJW directly.

Also, FALCON parts arrived for the CZ-75, tightbore is good but a little longer than the stock barrel, so it sticks out about 3mm when the slide is locked back. V hop rubber needs bedding in, it's very sensitive to change and is hard to adjust right.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it looks like I'll be doing that soon. Fortunately it seems that KJW parts are pretty cheap. In the meantime, I've looked at what went wrong for future reference- on part #12 (the main safety component), the rod that runs through the frame snapped clean in half where it's notched for part #65 (a small coil spring) to secure it.

• 6 months later...

Just an add on to this:

I've ended up R-hopping my CZ75 and cutting down the hammer spring to use green gas effectively. She also has some real steel wood grips installed and it looks fiiiiine.

I'm still working on solving the sloppy inner/outer barrel fit.

as a bit of a preamble I saw this on wgc so decided to look for reviews - after giving up with the search tool I scrolled down only to see this thread! 

In anycase I'm on the look out for a pistol - this does look nifty - but is it as good OOTB as the kjw 1911? both on propane or co2. Thanks

The M1911 will have more parts available for it, but I'd say they perform fairly similarly.

Speaking of which, I found a fix for the inner barrel and outer barrel fit issues - a single wrap of electrical tape around the barrel, right up at the muzzle end.

The CZ75 also fits into a M1911 holster quite handily - my SERPA locks it in no problems.

Also, Skarclaw, I happen to have two brand new in box CZ75s, with two Co2 Magazines each, with Falcon tightbores and hop-up rubbers. *shameless plug*

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Was looking at getting either a Hi-cappa or the KJW CZ75 (KP09) and finally went with the CZ last week. While not the engraved model (which I've never been able to find for sale in the USA), I like the look of the pistol, its matt finish with no phony trades of any kind and the fact that it appears to have a pretty good rep with you folks.

So far I've not been disappointed. Range and accuracy are quite good when using green gas (co2 mags are on the way). The double action trigger IS awfully hard, but I plan to use this "cocked & locked" anyway. Single action is kind of light and lets off with little prior notice. Definitely not 1911 like but not much different than my TM Sig P226 or TM PX4. Really smooth though.

Got a chance to use it on a wasp nest that had been built over the last week, right in the door frame of my shed (a little smaller than a tennis ball). Backed off to about 50 feet and let fly with 5 relatively quick shots (.20's @ 79f). They all appeared to hit and the nest basically broke apart. Not bad. Sights were dead on.

Have been able to locate some standard CZ75 wood grips (would like to get a set of the actual plastic grips as well-still looking). I'm interested in how hard it is to get the real steel grips to fit properly. Is it a major project?

• 1 month later...

Actually there is and it appears to be press fit into the slide (like the WE Hi-power). I know this as it blew off my pistol while I was shooting yesterday.

Stupidly I re-attached it using loctite without checking to make positively sure that it is metal. Although, I cant understand why they would use plastic, the way my luck is going lately, anything is possible.