• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should just use my solution for everything: More UBR!!!!! :P

I am of the camp of no VFG, just leave it as is and grip the mag; its too sexy to add more bulk to it.

seeing your rendering got me curious, so I grabbed one of my MP5s and my MOE off another gun and snapped a quick pic:

103_6375.jpg

Completely doable! in the back I could get it a little closer if I held it with my hand, but I couldn't get it to close completely because the handguard has some lips on the inside to hug a M4 barrel that hit the gastube/barrel on the MP5.

now, I want to install a MOE handguard on my MP5 and throw on a UBR :rolleyes: (I have a problem, I know)

couple Q's:

What are you going to do about a charging handle?

How are you going to adjust hopup?

EDIT: also, space is REALLY tight in the handguard due to the size of the gastube and barrel, I don't see anyway of fitting a battery in there. I think you might have to go the route of M4 stock + buffer tube lipo

now, I want to install a MOE handguard on my MP5 and throw on a UBR

What are you going to do about a charging handle?

How are you going to adjust hopup?

battery

By all means, go for it. Don't let me stop you on account that I started this thread. Pretty much why it's public in case other people might dig it too.

Charging handle I'll be cutting out an appropriate slot on the handguard. Will also likely replace the internal charging handle tube with a metal pipe for integrity.

Hop up adjustment, yeah, haven't really thought of that. Maybe cut out a small channel underneath (covered by mag) so I could pick at it with a small screw driver.

Battery will be a stick type which is why I'm going with the MP5K PDW as base (ver3 gearbox). The handguard will likely have space for those long, thin Li-pos where they have the cells separate looking like sticks of gum. Not that I'm gonna use Li-po, seen too many of those go up in flames.

lol, oops I kept overlooking that minor fact that the base is a "K" :rolleyes:

In that case you should be fine because the K have room above the gearbox for a stick battery through the back and if you elongate the gas tube you will have plenty of room to fit an adequate 9.6v in there.

Now that you mention it, I think you should be fine with the hop up as well if you leave an opening on the underside that is covered by the mag. If you really wanted to get creative, you could just reverse and elongate the lever on the current adjustment arm so that it is near the bottom of the handguards to allow you to adjust it by hand if you needed to in-game ;)

I am really excited about this build! :D

Archived