Aftermarket PX4 frames for TM

kenxin

Well, about time.... jesus, the px4 has way too little support.

Anyways, as the title says:

DSC_2771-1.jpg

coming in 3 colours and correctly trademarked (didn't check, I'll take them at their word).

Tan (above), black:

DSC_2514-1.jpg

Aand...OD (for you canaan fans : P)

DSC_2501-1.jpg

According to the post , this comes from a company called....Nebula. not a clue about them.

Sauce: http://anvil.militaryblog.jp/e382313.html

Now that is nice to see and with decent trades too.

Now if only the PX4 had a frame mounted safety and not a slide mounted one, I would have one in a heartbeat :P (still can't get over those slide mounted safeties, never will).

Though they are missing one type out clearly, along with the slide: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080520225958/ghostrecon/images/f/f8/Px4_Storm_SD.gif

Finally, do they come with all three backstraps, or just the one in the pictures? Personally I would use the black ones anyway but I know some people wont.

EDIT: Checked the link and it shows a picture of all three backstraps in the right colours, that is good to see. :)

'FireKnife'

Ah nice!

I was wondering where the hell these have been, took their sweet time. Strange this hasnt't been released sooner. Problem is now my HK PX4 will not be as authnetic as can be (won't bother with a proper traded slide if the frame is still off, but now... uh ohh.)

Hopefully the brand and production materials are legit!

Price is stated at 3900 YEN, which translates to roughly 47 USD. Decent enough.

Can anyone confirm if the TM frame works for HK/WE internals ?

I like the PX4, but probably not enough to go for a TM and slide and frame. But maybe upgrade the frame of my PX4 and then the slide sometime down the road... Maybe, I know I shouldn't because I will end up disappointed, but hey...

Can anyone confirm if the TM frame works for HK/WE internals ?

I like the PX4, but probably not enough to go for a TM and slide and frame. But maybe upgrade the frame of my PX4 and then the slide sometime down the road... Maybe, I know I shouldn't because I will end up disappointed, but hey...

There are considerable differences in size between the slide internals of the hk px4 and the marui, I wouldn't recommend trying to fit an aftermarket px4 slide to the hk internals.

Fitting is possible but involves a LOT of work.

As for the frame, sorry, no idea. I only have the hk3p slide set (one of the first ones too!).

Now if only the PX4 had a frame mounted safety and not a slide mounted one, I would have one in a heartbeat :P (still can't get over those slide mounted safeties, never will).

'FireKnife'

Solution one: Decock pistol, flip safety off, holster.

Solution two: mess with the decocker assembly to disable the safety. You can buy a part for the real steel to do this, so it's probably just a matter of seeing what that part does in relation to the safety and modifying the original. On the real steel, you push it own to decock and it springs back up when you let go when that part is installed.

Don't let the safety turn you off from the px4. It's a great gbb and one of the most comfortable pistols I've ever used.

On topic, the plastic on the FDE one looks kind of terrible. If it was a bit darker and had a bit of texture I would buy one and drink until I was brave enough to take all of the internals out of my marui frame. Could just be the pictures, I would be interested to see a comparison between some common FDE furniture to tell.

I think he means that it gets in the way of handling the firearm. (?)

At least that is what I find. So cumbersome to manuever the slide at the rear due to the giant safety sticking out. Definatly a negative in my book.

I like the safety and de-cocked feature as such but the placement and design is counter intuitive for handling the gun.

I think he means that it gets in the way of handling the firearm. (?)

Right you are, though why the ? I don't know :P

It is in my opinion the worst place to put a safety, aside from that silly sliding tab that Marui and clone Glocks have. I have owned a PX4, as it states in my signature and I found that the safety position and the DA shooting mode didn't agree with me. This is why I prefer guns like the CZ75 that allow cocked and locked carry along with a frame mounted safety but also a smooth DA when needed.

Though also with the tan frame people can make the Joint Combat Pistol (PX4 Special Duty model) if they whack a threaded barrel on to, so that may appeal to some.

'FireKnife'

Looks pretty cool and it'l save me money pimping out my px4 rather than buying something else.

Friend lives Japan now and is pretty fluent with the lingo so he's said that he'll fire off an email for me In Japanese enquiring how someone in the UK will be able to get hold of them.

I'll post a reply in here when I hear something just in case anyone else is interested.

IMO in the pics shown the colors of the frames look kind of "pale", specially the black one. And the fit of the backstrap seems to have too much of a gap, but I guess would have to wait for final product to show up at retailer sites to get a good idea of how they look.

Mweh... Why are fully authentily traded airsoft pistols so desirable? :(

I don't want to do another build... My nerves can't take it...

Actually, just had a look around and finding a properly traded high quality aftermarket metal slide seems to be hard these days. All out of stock or not even listed on some retailers.

Didn't look _that_ hard, I don't want to either :P

Guess HK3 kits killed the after market business for the slides :o

Because the longer you play airsoft, the more and more you want to replicate real steel lol.

Oddly I find the other way round, it goes start and run around with a hi-cap, then move on to gear and getting to look right then evetually settling for stuff that works and fits you, ignoring if it is not real steel etc.

Though saying that, that is for a skirmisher, for a plinker and a collector this is perfect. :P

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

That OD frame would be a great replacement for my hk3 PX4 frame. I've always been taken with that color configuration since watching Canaan I guess.

I too hate the slide-mounted safety. I don't understand why Beretta has to stick to their guns when the Beretta 80 series and the Taurus PT92s have successful, ergonomic frame-mounted safeties. The only reason I deal with it is the airsoft PX4s have such amazing triggers, especially compared to real firearms.

I've never heard of modifying a PX4 safety, though I know there are various models:

PX4F = Decocker / safety.

PX4G = Lower-profile decocker that is spring loaded.

PX4D = Double action only, no safeties or decockers.

If it is possible, it would be an intriguing option, but the thing is still in a pretty bad place.

Archived