World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

http://worldoftanks.com/game/

World of Tanks is a team-based massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century.

A game for armor fans, you start with early tanks designs and works your way up with upgrades and researching of newer tanks. You fight against an enemy team of 14 tanks and Self propelled artillery with the goal of destroying the enemy team of taking his base. With special games in which you attack or defend a single base. There are a few different maps, and with the latest release, physics play a part now. With being able to drown in rivers or take damage after falling off a cliff as well as being to push around other tanks.

There are different types of armor in game. Light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers and SPG's. All from either German, US, British, French or Russian tech trees with a Chinese tank tree set to be released in a future release of the game.

And it's FREE to paly

So anyone else play? Let's discuss stuff, post stats, tips, etc.

Here's a look at my garage. These are just a few of my tanks.

shot_050-1.jpg

My attention is mainly focused on the Soviet tech tree. but I've worked my way across half of the German and US tech trees with a few british/french tanks.

shot_051-1.jpg

While my performance is pretty good if I do say so myself, being paired up with random people tends to lead to some spectacularly bad teams. With other factors bringing down overall win rate.

I like being cautious as having played artillery myself I know how to avoid there attention or at least make it harder for them to hit me. My biggest successes are in the tank destroyer role.

shot_043-2.jpg

shot_046.jpg

If your out there on the NA sever, hope to see you around.

shot_010.jpg

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried to break into the British tank tree but my god did they make the first few tiers brutal with most tanks being slow, lightly armored and equipped with pish poor guns...

That said I've got both the Valentine and the Matilda now and they are a little better especially the Valentine which can often take a real beating thanks to its low overall profile and sloped armor which often has shells often bounce off altogether. However its guns are still very poor against most in the same tier and above so you pretty much have to stay with the pack.

I progressed up that section of the brit tree until I got the crusader but gave up as they where all awful for anything including scouting or at least until you got your crew skills up past 75% but in the end I sold it and focused on getting the Matilda as I had heard it was one of the best in its tier...which is isnt...

Also working my way up the US Tank Destroyer tree which has been a good laugh and I'm currently at the T40 (which is awesome with the 105mm) and the little M8A1 which is an awesome tank for scouting as well as being able to hit hard, although its only real shortfall besides its light armour is its turret traverse speed which is woefully slow.

My time in the T40 wasn't great, though the T49 was worth it. Upgraded, she's very fast easily hitting 60kph. The top gun delivers great penetration and rate of fire is high. I was setting KV-1's on fire so often. Turret traverse seems to be a problem on the US tank destroyers, and the armor protection is paper thin.M10,M18,M36 are pretty fun too, and the 90mm is great.

Speaking of a matlida. One time I was in a churchill, almost dead behind some rocks. A matlida was up on a hill just landing hit after hit, but they were all bouncing left and right. The guy raged, wasted a ton of gold shells on me until I took him out.

ELC, that is my absolute favorite with 1150 battles behind and it never gets dull :)

57% win ratio with ELC 55% beeing the average.

Anyone else have a tank that they like so much that you get angry when your teammate uses such a tank wrong? I always get mad when I see people suiscouting with ELC, because it is such a great tank. It is not strange to make 2k of damage in a tier 9 battle with ELC and then my teammate says he is useless and goes to scout arty with hes magnificent 360 meters of radio range... Also telling me to scout in ELC always gets me on rant mode, y u no understand ELC es no scout.

Any ELC lovers here?

ELC is immense fun when I first started it, but recently been sucking really hard with it :(. And yes ELC to me is a "frontline" scout; people who tell ELC's to do otherwise don't know any better. Gun is amazing, I've reduced the reload time to about 10.5 seconds w/ vents and a rammer; amazing for hit and runs and just general harassment.

I play TD's most by far, and JP is definitely the most fun/balanced TD I've played. 3601 goes next as MT, then maybe even Tiger I (even though people hate it for its no armor). Yes I'm a German fan :)

Drake US TD line around tier 6 is very fun; M18 and M36 are great money makers if you play them well. They're essentially T7 MT's with the 90mm gun but only at T6 :)

The ELC's are the bane of any Tank Destroyers as they are just so insanely fast and their low profile makes them very hard to hit.

ComradeMP the T40 is most useful with the 105 mm Howitzer on it and with a steady aim (and whatever that bolt on that speeds up aiming time is) it can one hit almost every tank in the tier below and quite a few in the same tier and even occasionally ones above it.

When I use it I generally stick close to another TD or follow one of the heavies about so if there a tank I cant one shot I can at least damage them and let the other guy finish it off.

From what I remember, part of the new 8.0 deal was that it was optimized so that i'd bee less demanding on your system. Playing around with the settings should make it run smoothly even on old computers.I have a decent enough processor but I got myself a pretty nice graphics card, even on max settings everything is smooth with about 70+ FPS.

I had an ELC but it got sold off for amassing of credits for my T8's. Never used it with the 90mm either. I might have to give it another go.

Being quite the artillerymen myself, I'm not to friendly to scouts or light tanks. Though I've managed to out smart a few of them and take them out with a little direct fire. I really like the soviet TD's. They hit hard and have some mobility to them. Even the good ol days in the AT-1.

German wise, I only have the VK 3601H. I like it okay. It's armor has pulled through for me quite a bit even against other VK's. I managed to record one of my matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaw2VA0JhB0

7 kills despite awful team, multiple arty hits and a camper PzIV.

Definatelly use ELC with the 90mm gun, it is so much more potent with it especially against higher tiers.

Played for 3.5 hours with a friend of mine in a tank company, both using ELCs.

Together both playing well we recieved in that time of 3.5 hours maybe 70-80ish% win ratio and atleast another one of us survived most of the rounds.

2x "pro" ELC users in a team can really make a big difference. It is very normal to see arty whining in the beginning and praising in the end when we have killed more than 4 tier 7,8 and 9s with a total damage of well over 2500 in our tank company.

Anyone wondering whether to get ELC, stop wondering and get it already! It is so much different from everything else(good change if gameplay feels dull with other tanks) that you need atleast 100 battles to get used to it, though it'll happen more quickly if you can platoon with someone who already has experience with this tank and can give tips and tricks.

My personal selections for ELC perks:

Commander: BiA, 6th sense, camo 89%, will get maybe snap shot next.

Driver: BiA, smooth drive, clutch braking 89%, camo is next in line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the VK3002DB, pretty nice with the 88. Pretty fast little tank too.

shot_059_zpsd4d898db.jpg

Also picked up the new AT-15A. I love the ugly little thing. Armor is great and the gun can get some good penetration with a good rate of fire. Firing arc is nice and wide so not much need to turn the whole tank to shoot things off to the side.

shot_060-1_zpsb7096738.jpg

This particular match was defending the hill. In the end I ended up along with a Panther and the enemy stormed us, I managed to keep 4-5 of them at bay. One little T-34-85 tried to take a rear shot only to have it bounce, I turned and finished him off while charging. In the end it was arty that finished me off. Even their higher tier tanks were scared to come up and get me.

Still rocking the T40 with its 105mm howy.

shot001qi.jpg

Also managed to single handedly (well almost) take down two KV-IS's (tier 6 heavy!) with it as well.

shot007hp.jpg

Also churchin with ma churchill.

Team let me down this round by all rushing down one side of the map and all dying like spanners, to make matters worse the Black Prince ran away like a little fairy.

shot012yln.jpg

shot013dn.jpg

I just remembered something funny that happened. An ELC tried ramming my AT-15A from the side and he just blowed up. Didn't really notice him until I saw something blow up. I lol'd and then I continued on in my mobile bunker.

I like the VK3601H too. Even though I moved up to the DB, I still keep it and play it. I'm unsure if I'll go with the Tiger or the Panther, or both.

Archived