World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to the Hetzer as well

Hetzer used to be trolltacular but it got nerfed like a lot of things when they changed the shell physics. Its still pretty fun with the 10.5cm derp gun though and on occasion you can stomp tier V's with it. 

hetzer's gonna hetz. Remember it could kill most anything in it's tier with a single derp, then I graduated to the Stug life. Now that thing can move fast, and that 75 has a fast reload. bit tales forever to kill anything. Remember them weak points to help their demise along.

The JpzIV wasn't that bad, but certainly isn't anything to write home about. But that Jagdpanther will make it worth it, but for me the Ferdinand with the 128 is where it's at. And the grind with the really fragile soviet TD's wasn't that fun, big guns are what make them bearable, ISU w/BL-10 being my baby and prime money making machine.

I'm at the SU-152 at the moment, when the big boy 152mm works its magic its truly a thing of beauty (that sound =O!) but it bounces shells wayyy to much for my liking.

Also slowly edging my way toward the AT-15 but its taking an age to get there. I guess now that the brit TD's have been out a good while, most people know its weak points and where to best hit them. 

Well, only if they have the pen to hurt you that is. Still many that bounce all over as I slowly approach in the AT15A. Truly the weakpoint of the tank is it's terrible gun. Can't reliably pen anything in it's tier or above, not with out HEAT rounds. Guns on the AT15 look way better than the A, might try that one. Have to go through the AT2, man I hate low tier games.....

Ah yes, howitzers. Not great on pen but good on damage when they hit. Just keep on trying and remember to yourself, BL-10. While on the ISU, i found the A-19 122mm gun to be way more useful than the 152.

AT15 is a tier higher than AT15A plus premium tanks/TD are never as good as a max researched vehicle of the same tier.  The real problem is the large cupola and people knowing there's little armour there, but they are still tough cookies.  Soloed an E75 in my AT15.  Got a gratz off him after - he bounced too much off me while I just picked off his commander's cupola lots - almost ran out of amo on him.  Top gun on the AT15 is like a MG at that level, great penetration, but not much damage.

God the people in this game really do infuriate me....

I had a stellar game in the Chaffee earlier with me taking down 5 (5!!) tier 7-9's tanks (not arty) without taking any damage, and despite 5-6 of my team hovering around the enemy base trying to kill a one of the last 2 surviving enemies they managed to let a lone T32 cap our flag without even bothering to try and reset it or even bother to cap theirs. This left me to drive back to our base and be instantly one hit killed while trying in vain to reset the timer.

Worst part was that the T32 was on less than 100hp and our AMX 50-100 could have easily driven back and finished him, but instead chose to camp behind an IS-8 while trying to finish the last enemy in their base. 

Literally wanted to throw my keyboard out the window.

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the average player in WoT.

Let us not forget it's the same in all MMOs.  Having tried WoP, a numbe rof my guildies went on to War Thunder (which for the air side is meant to be a lot better, but I found WoP to be flawed) and now rave about the tank side - except the one thing they do not like about WoT is the stupid players.  Once War Thunder tanks goes live you'll have exactly the same problems.

Wow.....just wow..

Na frankly if he was downright dumb enough to believe that, then he deserved to drown...

In other news I just bought the T150 and I'm getting the distinct feeling that its gonna be a painful experience...

I only tried the T150 after it came out with the KV expansion - was a freebie - don't remember keeping it long.  There are far worse grinds out there though (doing one at the moment, the Pz Sfl. V (the non-premium Sturer Emil) - need 58.5K just for a usable gun in a lightly armoured, large, slow, unable to use camo TD

In other news I just bought the T150 and I'm getting the distinct feeling that its gonna be a painful experience...

Be prepared. It was awful. T150 is basically a KV-1 with a different armor layout and a commander's copula, with the exception of an improved gun (in-game at least), it's still the same old thing. Slow, slow and slow. Don't remember the armor being that great and the gun (107) is so-so. Though it's worth the struggle to get the KV-3. Your armor will laugh at most guns and it'll 122mm birch slap anything it sees with extreme prejudice.

Mercifully the grind upwards isn't actually that bad (34.000) which is strange for a tier 7, I've got all the top modules on it so I'll preserver.

Its armor doesn't seem that great for such a slow tank so it'll take a bit of time to figure out how best to play with it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived