World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

Yeah premiums are credit machines but the actual real money cost to get them is a little OTT, its a shame as I'd like to get the TOG-II for a laugh but theres no way I'm gonna pay real cash for it.

Also learned that the current Luchs is getting moved in the March update into tier IV-V-VI games which is frankly a stupid decision since it'll essentially put it into the Leopards current position only with even lower stats.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a ton of free XP, researched everything on the VK3001P and skipped right up to the Tiger P with enough to upgrade it a bit too. I think I love it..... After only 3 matches, I've Aced it.

shot_102_zps1e564883.jpg

I'm liking it a whole lot better than the Tiger I. Took a freakin' beating in this particular game and it took it like a champ. That long 88 dealing damage.

Also researched the Panther II but don't know if I want to go with it. Still need the creds to get it.

I've just upgraded to the churchill VII and it can take an absolute kicking most of the time and I ended up with a steelwall medal in my very first match with it.

That said the last two days have been pretty disastrous with me being cheated out of pretty much all of my x5 exp victories because of absolutely awful teammates who would run away and abandon you at the slightest hint of danger...

I know but normally its nowhere near as bad and on occasion I've been able to carry a team of degenerates to glory but this weekend in particular just seemed like the match maker was having a laugh at my expense and pairing me with only curtain eating morons.

By the way does anyone know why when you highlight a tank in your garage it lists a "selling price" but when you actually click to sell the tank the price displayed is now 25-30% less than the price seen in the garage ???

I'm thinking of selling the chaffee as it just isn't doing it for me and is costing me a fortune to run but the price it actually gives me is about 300.000k which is less than 35% of what it originally cost me =/ 

Yeah, generally you get back less than what it cost you.

Don't know about you guys, but my weekend 5X has been pretty good. Normally clear out my current use band of 6 or so tanks. With only having problems with the T29,Lowe,T25AT. Same old dumb rush or just plain bad handling of a situation where we had the advantage. Usually leaving me and a few guys to fend for ourselves. I can hang, but not when your taking on an entire team.

Thats the same thing thats been happening to me all weekend where I'd literally be abandoned by my teammates at the first wiff of trouble, for example eariler on that "Lake" map I (in the churchill VII) and about 3-4 other mediums/lights where going through the town until my team mates spotted a couple of KV's and they ALL bar one medium retreated and left me to be crushed by a swarm of heavies.

What made it all the worse is that the rest of the team just all charged down the other side of the map and capped the base, winning the game and wasting my x5 victory.

Anyway regarding my earlier question heres a better explanation of what I mean:

The selling price for my chaffee for example is 409k
shot001ip.jpg

But when I actually try to sell it including the bolt ons, ammo and consumables its sell price is only 372k
shot002ua.jpg

Its a bit odd..... 

That it is. A "used" price for a virtual tank. lol

One of my examples was with the Tiger P on El Halluf. Think we all know what I mean by the choke point on the Hill of death? Couple of us sitting on hill and enemy climbing hill peeking round a corner and taking shots. Things were going well, getting some shots in. Guys start neglecting sticking to the rocks, couple get killed by arty but we still hold them back. Swing my turret around towards our base to hammer an IS climbing up a hill. I get some shots in, hear the distinct plink sounds of ricochets but I think nothing of it. Checked mini map, King Tiger still holding out with me. Then I get hit hard, turn back around ST-I among others charging me, King Tiger hiding couple hundred meters behind me now and I die horribly.....

EDIT:

First we was like...

shot_104_zps462b358a.jpg

And then like...

shot_105_zps363d401b.jpg

And before I knew it....

shot_106_zpsc277ae1b.jpg

Two hiding behind our fallen idiots and notice the location of the KT as he ran away even when enemy HP was really low.

But enough of that. AT-15A, gotta love that armor.

shot_107_zpsabe84464.jpg

Little bugger tried rushing me and circle me but I pinned him. The gun has a really wide angle so I could still hit him even in that position.T20 was taking pop shots at me, that little cromwell was bouncing like crazy.

shot_109_zps176ea065.jpg

T20 comes out, thinks he can get around me, but the wide arc of fire meant I could still hit him as he speed past me. He bounced a couple shots on me and I hit him a couple times and set him on fire. Good times. Spent the rest of the game with 6HP and no enemy managed to finish me off.

Y U NO USE HUD MODS?!

Drake I originally thought the "estimated" sell cost was including the value of added equipment, but you're selling yours too so...no idea lol. I don't lose out on that much selling tanks, but I usually expect only 50% of what I spent on the tank back.

Also, another good rule of thumb, shove vents onto all LT's and MT's. Makes a drastic difference (less so on HT's). Also gun rammers on everything tier 6 and above, and GLD's on all HT's.

Mods are for wimps real men use vanilla.

Finally just sold the chaffee it just sucked so much that I didn't care that I was losing like 500k on it...

So I bought the Pz III/IV instead and it seems pretty good so far, here a vid of my first battle in it:

e7f1de744acd2876f0cfaea3af0b365a.png

I remember once using the Churchill AVRE in Seek and Destroy on the ps2.  It was a neat looking tank, what with the "Flying Dustpan" mortar.

I do wonder how WOT would design a gamemode in which you had to support a convoy or break a defensive position.

shot_112_zps4b9ec049.jpg

JagdPanther grind going slowly and terribly. 88 is :/ need better 88. No 105 for me...

shot_113_zpsc7f9daec.jpg

Battle on El halluf. For once I was camping hill in my T25AT. Team was fumbling horribly, hill failed. We were being flanked on the far side of the map and team mates were dropping like flies. Sniped my way to victory.

shot_115_zps49c57f2f.jpg

shot_117_zps8deb66b0.jpg

Killed last enemy on hill. Poor Churchill VII, put two rounds through him and he fell.

shot_121_zpsdd786b4f.jpg

908 damage on a Super Pershing at slightly over 400M, hiding behind a small hill. Managed to nail such a small target. Took down a few tanks from that hill at long range.

shot_122_zpsd1b741e2.jpg

None survived, not even the M4 that I shot before. Came back to finish the job. No mercy.

shot_114_zps8bd9167b.jpg

And the legend of the "Derp Sniper" was born....... Battle achievements: Sniper.

JP terrible without the 105? When I tried the 105mm it felt like it dinged noticeably more than the 88mm. Also the 105mm shells are so expensive that I have always ran it with the 88mm. Well I guess its up to how you like to play it.

With the top engine, the T25AT gets around pretty fast. The 105 plays just like it does on the T29. It can do some damage, reload times aren't that bad and you can get some decent accuracy from it. And as always, you gotta love that gun depression.

I was looking at values and the 88 has a higher rate of fire and better pen. 3mm difference, but I think i'll take those 3mm. Performance overall seems pretty close with the 88 being cheaper.

VII 8,8 cm PaK 43 L/71 57 240/240/295 HP 203/237/44 mm 252 12px-Credits.png/10 12px-GoldIcon.png/252 12px-Credits.png 9.84 r/m  

VIII 10,5 cm PaK 45 L/52 40 320/320/420 HP 200/244/60 mm 1,030 12px-Credits.png/10 12px-GoldIcon.png/650 12px-Credits.png 7.32 r/m

IMO the alpha damage starts mattering a lot once you're facing against T8 or T9. Like my Panther; has comparable pen similar to the Tiger 1's 88mm, but it does so little damage that it can barely hurt anything unless I fire 10 rounds or more.

I know the shells cost more than $1k for the 105, but I really like it, and it suits the JP very well IMO.

I have the T25/2 researched but I've heard its super terrible so I haven't bothered to save the creds to buy it and would rather just stick with the hellcat for the time being since its got elite status now so I can get free (ish) exp from it to use elsewhere.

Regarding the T49 its incredibly fun to play when you get a decent team backing you and it plays more like a light scout with a hard hitting gun, very rarely would I ever bounce a round with it now and if you know where to aim it seems to be able to pen almost everything in its own tier as well as the tier above. The downside is its armour is so thin its almost always a 1 hit kill but on the flip side its profile is small so its harder to hit.

In that T49 reply I posted above I take a couple of KV's down with little trouble.

I hate the T25/2, but its usable, with gold ammo. THe pen is rather nice with the gold ammunition and as I hate this thing and want to get rid of it ASAP, I have decided its worth it to make even considerable amounts of loss in credits for a great game in it.

Archived