World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already did, bright an early today.

Am at the AT2. Dropped the 57mm on it. Armor bounced like a boss, the gun was accurate, but I forgot how little damage it does..... Then I get blasted by the tier IV TD with the 37inch gun. Thinking I should switch over and derp.

SU-100Y. She is rather fast for a gal her size. Only used it once so far and I freakin bounced all my shots on a T1 heavy.

I've researched up to the AT2 myself but only actually bought the Alecto which is alright but plays basically like a US T82.

The new germans tanks are broken though as their guns either don't work (as in rounds seem to pass through enemy tanks like they weren't there) but when they do they are stupidly OP.

Really disappointed about how they integrated the churchill gun carrier into the tech tree as its completely separate from the TD branch and to get it I would have to re-buy the churchill I (even though I have the VII) then regrind another 40k+ exp to research it...

shot_124_zpsd0421703.jpg

Kinda meh, is fast and nimble but you get put up against really big boys and their big guns. Can only hope to get a pen in here and there.

shot_125_zps6aad6c60.jpg

She is nice. Pretty fast and manuverable for a big girl. That big gun can do some damage, those soviets putting naval guns on tanks.... lol'd when I managed to ammo rack an IS-3 with ease. Kinda surprised I managed to pen and kill a King Tiger through frontal when in my first match in the tank, I bounced like hell on a T1 heavy.

Speaking of the SU-100Y I almost managed to solo one in the T49 by hitting him repeatedly and then moving to his flank using the hills for cover before he managed to turn in my direction and I eventually had him down to less than 50hp but he managed to finish me off after tracking me just as I was about to deliver the killing blow.

I'm now convinced the T-50 is the official troll tank of W.o.T, I dunno if its Russian bias by the devs but its such a nightmare to deal with sometimes and only last night one of them managed to push my Pz-IV down a hill while my shots to his view ports simply pounced of. Then last week I have one of them circle strafe my cromwell to death with every one of his shells either killing a crew member or damaging a module.

• 1 month later...

You know you have been playing too much World of Tanks when you try to press the ALT button to see a drivers nickname, while driving a car.

Yep. I ride a motorcycle so I iz b a lite tank! Pew pew pew..........

shot_131_zpse84ab678.jpg

Picked up a VK 4502 P Ausf. A

shot_130_zps3f5bf281.jpg

A new personal best. 124K+ creds

shot_129_zps83743462.jpg

Already unlocked the T28 proto, but still go around laying that hurt in the 25AT

Also got the King Tiger and upgraded. Still no wins in it yet........

I've abandoned the US TD line for the time being and concentrated on the German Mediums since the new leopard line is come soon. So I've had to grind and save up for ages just to buy the god awful VK3002DB as its where the new leopard line start from. 

Apart from that I've also bought the AT-8 (which is awesome for trolling lights/meds with) and the Black Prince which is a nice step up from the churchills although its 17 pounder is only a very slight update from the churchill VII's 77mm.

Heres a pretty hairy battle with it that we some how managed to win despite our whole team following me and a platoon mate.

6f0eaa0f9bebaf379263965ca392617b.png

I didn't find the DB to be that bad. Rolling fast and hard hurling some 88's. Not an easy one to use, but it wasn't that bad. I've been stockpiling tons of XP. Wondering what I'll do with it. No real interest in the weird panther derivatives, and Tier 10's...... no rush to get there. My experiences with Tier 10's is real bad (playing like a bunch of tier 3 noobs)

I hate IS-6's. Why u always bounce even BL-10 fire to sides?

• 2 months later...

Just got the 5k gold from the WoWP event last week...SU-122-44, SU-100Y, and AT-15A are all 50% off for the weekend. Any suggestions on one to drop some gold on?

SU-122-44.

Mobile, decent frontal (dat angle), and it's a freakin' 122. SU100Y is too fragile and big, gun's accuracy is terrible. AT15A, good armor,everything else sucks hard. And good luck in those tier 8,9,10 games where your just an expensive paper weight. Won't penetrate anything even with HEAT rounds. Has trouble penetrating anything even it Tier 8 games.

shot_154_zpsc018577f.jpg

WZ use body slam now!

shot_160_zps808533b5.jpg

Thing is a terrible scout, plays more of a fragile medium. Naturally as it's (Type 62) a thinned out version of the Type 59 with a smaller gun.

shot_169_zps4cbbfd27.jpg

As you can see, looking forward to the next patch. Gonna be rakin in those credits yo.

shot_170_zpse5c4dd6d.jpg

Whole game the song "feels good to be a gangsta" was playing in my head. Was bouncing shots like crazy, a type 59 tried flank and taking out my gun but I just took my time and finished him off. An AT-8 was completely hidden and taking shots at me. Figured out the general direction of the shots and charged. Rammed it and killed it. For the first time in a long time I almost ran out of ammo. Was down to a couple HE rounds.

There is some odd choices in the tech tree's and the brit line is certainly lacking (no stuarts, valentine IX's, tetrach's, Fireflies or other brit variants) but you'll enjoy the cromwell as its one of the most nimble medium's around that tier and can easily run rings around plenty of heavies.

The crusader is a little lacking so i'd advise breezing through it as quickly as possible. The churchill's are solid tanks as well and although their guns are weak damage wise the high rof make them a pain to fight against.

The brit TD line is pretty interesting too and at tier V they get the AT2 which is highly regarded as a major pain in the *albatross* because of its incredibly thick frontal armor and high rof/penetration top gun. 

Brit Line is absolute to be honest.

I am truly regretting sinking so much time in the main Light -> Medium tech tree. Slogging through games with the Covenanter and Crusader has been grim, and even when it gets to the Cromwell and Comet it doesn't get much better! Curse the British Army for arming their tanks with pea-shooters and armouring them with paper-mache!

I've moved over to the German tech tree which includes the Panzer 3 and then moves on to the Panther... WAY more fun to play, because the tanks are actually good!

I wouldn't say they are all rubbish but they all fit a very specific role and excel as support tanks and the main problem is that the game doesn't explain the roles clearly, the medium line is the weakest imo and after the Cromwell the higher tier mediums are just a real choir.

The brit heavy and TD lines are the stronger options, the brit TD's are rolling road blocks on a lot of the maps and if used properly they are incredibly tough while equipped with again low damage but quick firing, high penning guns.

The heavies are quite good as well but they are slow moving and big targets though again they have a higher rof than most other heavies. I'm up to the Caernavon and its pretty damn good and I'm often bouncing shots from other tier 7-8-9 heavies but unlike its earlier brethren it can field the 20 pounder that can deal out some real damage.

Heres my first game with the 20 pounder earlier, I tracked or destroyed the engines on 5 of the 6 tanks I hit with little difficulty.

cpd9.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6791/3oqt.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4397/rrzf.jpg

Some of the earlier german tanks are fun (I loved the luchs before the nerf and have a 66% win rate with it) but they get more awkward and difficult to use the higher you go with long aim and reload times not to mention some truly awful camo values.

Anyway MM was kind enough to drag the chaffee away from tier 9-10 and into a tier 5-7 match which actually turned out to be immense, troll-tastic fun and I even managed to dish out the most damage on my team.

Replay for comedic value - I managed to circle strafe a cromwell then a GW-panther and grille at the same time in some hilarious kind of ballet dance then finally picked off the M44 and SU-85.

dk8s.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8224/3abv.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5425/56ad.jpg

Edit: helll yeahhh all green !

http://mywotstats.com/Player/Sig/NoRefresh/500311370/EU/Sig.png

Oh man the brit line. Didn't get far there. No cruiser tanks for me yet, but the churchill I was terrible. And not for a lack of knowing how to play the thing, I had for the longest time a churchill III (leand-least F yeah!) And the AT-2, I had no patience for it. Too weak a gun and to many bad teams. Though I do have the AT15A. Things a beast when it's near the top. Really only weak point would be it's gun. Has trouble penetrating most Tier 8's even with heat rounds. Though it's fun watching light tanks circle strafing and not doing any damage.

shot_060-1_zpsb7096738.jpg

I'd have to agree, German tanks are good direction to go (weird me saying that?). The light tanks are really fun. I loved my 35t/38t. Had a blast in the luchs. Had my first taste of brawling in my pzIII/IV. And if you like fast tanks with fast guns and not much armor. Try out the chinese tanks. If you can struggle though the Stuart and Type T-34 and reach the 59-16. That thing is fun, and you get an auto loader! But really you want to reach the WZ 131/132. You've got speed, just enough armor and the guns fire fast and hit hard and come with great penetration. You can still scout, and get into a fight if need be, but you gotta play your cards right.

Oh and let us not forget the fun little machine that is the T-49. The best game I ever had in it. 8 kills, hit 13 tanks. Could have taken out all 14 enemy tanks myself but you know how they like to take your kills. Not heat, lots of shaking and moving.

shot_004.jpg

Church I gets weirdly good MM; 75% of the time it's in the top 2-3 tanks of a match. I already researched Church VII, just researching the Church GC for *suitcases* and giggles. Not like I'm planning to play the GC (heard it's complete *suitcase*) but hey, you never know when I might purchase a random tank drunk :)

Archived