I need A&K M24 SOCOM opinions

sebaq

I don't know much about the A&K, but the Snow Wolf fits in the same price range, PDI has a range of upgrades specifically made for it and its not as bad as everyone try to point out all the time. Externally its solid (has been so far for me at least), internally - the hop up was ######, stock spring gave out about 500 fps. After i replaced the hop and barrel with the PDI ones it was good to go really.

One thing i can complain about it are its mags, brittle as hell, two out of four were cracked/broken during shipping..

Oh APS2 compatibility all round for the snow wolf as well..

It depends on what you want.

Do you want gas or spring?

Spring can be easily upgraded but with more power comes bigger pulling power from a stronger spring.

Gas is easy to use and a bit more realistic but it requires relatively more maintenance and it's not weather proof.

Decide that first.

Btw, A&K M24's are beginner rifles.

Nothing wrong with that but it's just to let you know that for a first rifle, this is a good choice just to explore the sniper role.

Begginer rifles? When upgraded any rifle can achieve that 90% of great performance, with the 10% beeing up to the individuals ability to get everything they can out of their platform. I somehow doubt anyone is expecting stellar results from any airsoft rifle right out of the box, especially if we are going into precision shooting, especially not at this price range.

The only thing you are looking for at this price range is what is the best platform to build on when you see what the stock performance is like and realise you want more.

Well some rifles already have some "upgraded" parts in the gun and unless you've had a go with the lower powered gun one could say that the latter is a beginner gun seeing as it doesn't cost much and has a lot of upgrade capability.

And as such, Tokyo Marui is a great platform because it offers a lot of upgrade capability or else maybe an APS2.

This particular M24 (or S24) has an interesting mix of parts, but I've read it's very skirmishable just doing basic things:

- Polish the areas that touch the bolt

- Get a good rubber

- Upgrade the spring to your limit.

The internals are good enough to use it as it is.

Archived