reverse stretch mp5

urbandork

Just figured id post this up. I recently did a reverse stretch mp5. here are some pix. I had to use half of the bell receiver and half the well receiver. I used jb weld to connect the two peices of the halves once i had everything cut and fitted. After that it was i smoothed out the seam and painted it similar to how one would do body and paint work on a car. Enjoy.

20121204_181611.jpg

20121206_110832.jpg

20121206_110849.jpg

Nice work! although the sliding stock on a "K" is tripping me out.

thanks... the reverse stretch is a common thing in the real steel world. It gives a short platform with a stock with out the bulk of having a side folding stock... or the length of an m4 stock.

I quite like it! I'd buy one like that if they were available. Deffo a nicer conversion than the PDWs with UMP stocks.

yup i thought about a pdw with a ump stock but it wasnt my cup of tea... i also was thinking of just getting a plain jane mp7 from kwa/umarex or that new one from TM but i thought this might be a cooler and more unique project.

i like sliding stocks on Ks. it makes much more sense than a folding stock as the gun is more compact with the stock closed. in a volume way of thinking, not in terms of a silhouette.

and instead of "reverse stretch" the word you could use is "shorten" or "chopped" if that's how you meant to use it.

i like sliding stocks on Ks. it makes much more sense than a folding stock as the gun is more compact with the stock closed. in a volume way of thinking, not in terms of a silhouette.

and instead of "reverse stretch" the word you could use is "shorten" or "chopped" if that's how you meant to use it.

yes this is true but i figured id use the term the mp5 guys in the real steal world use.

the hard part of this was the fact that bell decided to leave out/unfinished the whole part of the receiver which usually is covred by the navy/non slim hand guard. This is why i had to use some of the well g55's receiver area rather then just using the parts which the vert grip/k handguard connects to. In the end it worked out and actually ended up giving more surface bonding area between the two parts.

my first attempt was actually just with putting a slither stock on to an well g55 but this turn out super bad. First off Well and i assume perhaps even maruzen did not keep a one to one sizing when it came to the grooves that the slither stock would slide into... they where about 1/8 of an inch slimmer/smaller then that on an actual mp5/k. They also did not do a good job when it came to the reinforcement tabs on the back of the k's frame... when ground down, they left a gaping hole far larger then that of the grooves.

All in all after making an adapter plate/block for the well g55 and grinding down an ics slither stock i was not happy with the way it looked and thus i dicht the mp5k stretch and started my mp5 reverse stretch using left over parts from the well g55.

Archived