TM spec glocks in safariland holsters?

bobthebuilder

having discovered that my clone gun-clip has a habit of dumping my pistol on the deck, and becoming sick of generic nylon drop-legs, I've decided I need to get myself a decent holster for my KJW Glock 23.

I've found some very nice looking Safariland models on evil-bay, and I'm very tempted to give them a go, especially as I know safariland is decent RS kit, so should be perfectly capable of handling occasional air-soft use.

But I know that airsoft glocks, especially TM based models, can be a bit picky about holster fit. does anyone know if a TM spec glock will fit in safariland polymer holsters?

the models I'm looking at are designed for the model 17/22, if that helps....

thought I should add that this is the holster I'm looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-Police-Glock-17-22-Hard-Holster-Airsoft-Glock-SO19-CO19-Safariland-/251195537797?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item3a7c6bb985

I realize the holster will be too long (since it's for the full sized 17/22, rather than the shorter 19/23) but I'm not worried about that, so long as the rest of the dimensions are ok.

TM G17's will fit the Safariland 6304 for Glock 21 just fine. Remember to find holsters speced for the G21, otherwise it won't fit (since TM's are a bit wider).

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznriptide859/IMG_0044.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznriptide859/IMG_0043.jpg

that was the answer I was hoping I wouldn't get. holsters for the 21 are somewhat harder to find in my budget, as there's no police surplus examples floating around.

do you think the leather versions would be able to stretch enough?

if budget is the only problem G-code will do you glock 21 holsters, my TM 17 is sitting in one now, but you will probably need an intermediary to send you it from the US. the SOC holsters with the hood start about 100 dollars, but the OSH holds them nice enough for my liking and start about 40.

Just get a safariland if it's what you want and make it fit. Use a heat gun to heat it up a little bit if nothing else and flex it to the right size.

didn't realize you could do that. I thought they'd made it out of something similar to the SERPA holsters, which can't be re-formed with heat.

if budget is the only problem G-code will do you glock 21 holsters, my TM 17 is sitting in one now, but you will probably need an intermediary to send you it from the US. the SOC holsters with the hood start about 100 dollars, but the OSH holds them nice enough for my liking and start about 40.

Except they don't make a G21 SOC holster for the light yet :(, only G17/22.

I have the G-code OSH holster for a Walther P99. In cross section it was a little narrow for the slide of my KWA P99, but I was able to re-shape it using only hot water. You certainly need to take care, but the process is quick and straight forward (should you want to go down that route?).

ordered the safariland, I'll see if I need to tweak it once I get it.

just got the safariland, had a play, and can confirm that the KJW G23 will fit in the safariland for the glock 17, and therefore, I assume, the G19, without modification to pistol or holster.

the specific model of holster I have appears to be the 6280 level II retention duty holster (6280-83-62)

• 1 month later...

Archived