JG MAC-10 AEP (TM clone)

renegadecow

http://rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=17518&cateId=118

Seen only so far from RSOV, looks to be one of those products that just pop out of nowhere. With the cost of the Marui MAC-10 steadily rising due to the failing US dollar, this would be a welcome addition for people wanting an Ingram on a budget. No telling how well it performs, but guessing it's no worse than earlier AEP clones.

Certainly, it is the first time I saw a gun with a price similar from HK than in UK, and your prices are even a bit more expensive than here in spain... I think RSOV is taking advantage of getting the gun before other shops and rise the price quite a bit and make us pay the "i got it first" premium fee.

Anyway, too expensive for an aep

• 4 weeks later...

It's fully plastic, so it's very light. The included supressor is also plastic with a rubberized surface, and it screws on quite big and spaced threads. Even when mounted the full gun is very light, and the supressor makes a good grip point.

The stock is made of metal and it works as it should. It can be fully detached and it doesn't wobble much.

The only controls are the safe/fire switch and the semi/auto lever. The safe/fire is a slide-type switch in front of the trigger. Not very easy to operate, but locks well on both positions.

The fire mode lever is a M4 style one, but made of plastic. It's got a 180º travel and it clicks and locks well, although the movement in between feels loose.

The magazine is a 480BB hicap and I guess it's the same as the Marui original. It's made of metal, which is nice, and locks in properly.

I haven't fired it yet as the battery came discharged and it barely moved the gears, but I will make a shooting test soon.

Battery seems to be the same as the MP7 one.

I have ordered a 7.4 1000mAh 94x19x12mm LiPo battery that will occupy 2/3s of the battery space. Hopefully I can put an AB MOSFET in there. I'll then see if the batt+MOSFET makes it a little more lively than the typical lazy small-geared AEGs.

I guess the JG rubber will be awful, but I'll leave that for the shooting tests :)

• 4 weeks later...

Im still kind of curious as to why no one ever produced a Gas Blowback version of the Mac10, and only make those as Mac11's. There has to be some market for a Mac-10. I remember that being in the original Metal Gear, (I'm old).

It just doesnt seem like much of a jump to make Mac11 GBB internals slightly larger and shove them in a Mac-10.

I modified the battery space (heavily) to admit a 7.4v 1100mAh LiPo, which is working nicely. The gun is way more responsive and "alive" than with the original battery, which is quite crappy.

Hop works well and I've been using 0.20s and 0.25s with it without trouble.

Velocity is a not-so-modest-for-an-AEP ~300FPS with 0.20s.

Quite fun gun to use as a secondary without the troubles of small mags or gas in the cold :)

Archived