Chris costa nighthawk recon pistol kit for marui MEU

kenxin

Ditto, judging by the design of the frame , it's made by prime.

The kit includes:

-Slide and frame

- Front sight (according to the site, it'll be trijicon type)

- Rear sight

- Outer barrel

- Plunger set

-Grip bushings

- Magwell

Aaand the price, a whooping 89000 yen (1079$ at present). Release date puts it at 2013's january.

For hardcore chris costa fans, I guess. At least the pictures are nice to look at.

121209w.jpg

121209x.jpg

121209y.jpg

121209z.jpg

Source:

http://oceancustomtactical.militaryblog.jp/e387792.html

and to preorder it:

http://octstrategic.cart.fc2.com/ca20/100/p-r-s/

To me that just looks like a generic Kimber style kit with a 10-8 rear sight... No markings, no nothing? Is there something I'm missing here? For $1200 (when you factor in the base gun) I'd rather have 3 HurricanE Kimbers...

I don't think the pic is the finished slide....also the top cut is different as its more of a chamfer than a rounded cut at the top of the slide.

I don't think the pic is the finished slide....also the top cut is different as its more of a chamfer than a rounded cut at the top of the slide.

Maybe so, but even if it has a re-profiled slide and full trademarks, if it's made of Aluminium it's an utter rip-off. Considering a high quality aluminium 1911 kit costs around $3-400, I struggle to see how anyone can justify over $1000... I mean considering a HurricanE kit comes with slide, frame, outer barrel, usually a slide stop, and grips as well as sights and a few other bits and bobs, this just seems nuts to me. Unless it's made of steel, and even then, a completed RA steel 1911 costs less than the kit...

Maybe so, but even if it has a re-profiled slide and full trademarks, if it's made of Aluminium it's an utter rip-off. Considering a high quality aluminium 1911 kit costs around $3-400, I struggle to see how anyone can justify over $1000... I mean considering a HurricanE kit comes with slide, frame, outer barrel, usually a slide stop, and grips as well as sights and a few other bits and bobs, this just seems nuts to me. Unless it's made of steel, and even then, a completed RA steel 1911 costs less than the kit...

Don't try to compare hurricane level of quality with prime, for one thing.....

This pictures are from unfinished slides, they lack the trademarks and finish.

Lastly, prime is known for making kits that go for absurd prices (look for the royal blued prime cz75 kit to see what i mean).

---------------------------------------------------------------

A bit more info on the kit itself:

Apparently it's a limited edition run with 50 sets and no plans (yet) for further runs.

It's aluminum and the finish is supposed to be ceramic coated (true to RS, according to their website).

Overall not my cup of tea but japanese customers do love limited edition..things, even if they are absurdly expensive.

Don't try to compare hurricane level of quality with prime, for one thing.....

This pictures are from unfinished slides, they lack the trademarks and finish.

Lastly, prime is known for making kits that go for absurd prices (look for the royal blued prime cz75 kit to see what i mean).

---------------------------------------------------------------

A bit more info on the kit itself:

Apparently it's a limited edition run with 50 sets and no plans (yet) for further runs.

It's aluminum and the finish is supposed to be ceramic coated (true to RS, according to their website).

Overall not my cup of tea but japanese customers do love limited edition..things, even if they are absurdly expensive.

I wasn't trying to compare Prime's quality to HurricanE; I didn't know the Costa kit was being made by Prime. I'm sure people will buy the kit, I just struggle to comprehend the price and why it's going to end up that expensive I guess.

I wasn't trying to compare Prime's quality to HurricanE; I didn't know the Costa kit was being made by Prime. I'm sure people will buy the kit, I just struggle to comprehend the price and why it's going to end up that expensive I guess.

As I stated on my first post, the frame is prime design so it is PROBABLY made by prime.... as for the price, it's a limited (50 pieces) edition and it's prime so its extra-expensive (just 'cause).

I look forward to seeing pictures of the collectors who buy this kit.

Also, as it does not come with the correct safety lever design or trigger, people WILL have to pay extra for those ...disappointing to see an incomplete kit go for such high price, to be honest.

Also, 1911s in general are just variation of the same base theme, so different slide cut, barrel crown, rail shape, sight design...etc are going to be the differentiator. Which IMO is the reason why if you are going to make a specific replica of a specific 1911, you want to make sure you get those details that sets it apart correctly. If you are making the typical WE/Socom Gear half-*albartroth* job for a $100 gun, fine. On a $800 kit they better have all the stuff done properly...

I'd rather get my pistol permit (NY) and then buy a real 1911, with a couple hundred left over for ammo and holsters.

You could probably get by for just under a grand with a Ruger or S&W 1911, mags and holster, but generally speaking you pay more than a grand for most decent 1911s.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought there were NOVA Nighthawk kits for Marui "Japan market only" some time ago. Prices were about $800 in Japan with no external parts (slide stop, safety, etc). It's a pitty if this kit comes without these parts as some of them are rare as hell and some simply don't exist on airsoft market

• 3 months later...

Archived