Your Warhorse

faramon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is just me, but.. should this thread not be called 'Your Workhorse'?  I dunno... that just seems much more like it would fit the subject.  At least in my crazy brain.

:huh:

I am like 90% certain I meant workhorse .. but my mistake sticks now ;) xD

Maybe this is just me, but.. should this thread not be called 'Your Workhorse'?  I dunno... that just seems much more like it would fit the subject.  At least in my crazy brain.

:huh:

I am sure other titles could be appropriate too. Like 'Your longest lasting gun', or 'your best beatstick' but either way Warhorse sounds good, like that trusty steed that you take to every fight and you know it has never tripped and thrown you to a faceplant type death? :P

TM is poo.

Trollololol

Yes some of them are. ;). Still work though :P.

'FireKnife'

I can't decide between my CM16L or the TM Mk23.

The Mk23 definitely performs better, has never skipped a beat (whereas the CM16 has, on occasion locked up) but also, its a sidearm, and I only have two mags for it.

The CM16 is sturdy though, lovely platform especially as I was cautious about a plastic bodied IF (yes, it was two tone when I bought it, the shame, it wasn't sprayed until I had a suitable defense though). Just wish I'd gotten a shorter variant and a RIF off the shelf, due to me being such an erratic/nomadic airsofter.

TM is poo.

Trollololol

Someone had to say it! lol

But like FireKnife says, poo as it may be, still works! And as far as I am concerned, for those hardcore 4 day nonstop events I tend to attend, plastic really makes a difference on your arms, after 24 hours! :)

Easily top of my list is the TM M14.  Never locked up, never missed a beat, and has range that still leaves me all tingly inside whenever I think about it.  Haven't used my G&P M7A1 since purchasing it. :D

My only gripe is that it's so bloody long!

Easily top of my list is the TM M14.  Never locked up, never missed a beat, and has range that still leaves me all tingly inside whenever I think about it.  Haven't used my G&P M7A1 since purchasing it. :D

My only gripe is that it's so bloody long!

I know right!? My TM M14 can shoot 200ft all day still. Probably 40k round through it total. Gearbox is still smooth as glass. 

May change the barrel sometime. getting oxidized on the outside and is generally horrible.

So my indoor skirmish idea for 4 would be excessive to the extreme? :P

And yes all of them are 1911s in single stack.

'FireKnife'

Meeeehhhhhh. I only use 1 pistol as sidearm. Seems impractical to me to carry more than one. Just extra weight and gear floppin around.

-Hawaiian

Meeeehhhhhh. I only use 1 pistol as sidearm. Seems impractical to me to carry more than one. Just extra weight and gear floppin around.

-Hawaiian

When outdoors fair enough.

When indoors a New York Reload helps :P.

For CQB I use 2 pistols but 1 is normally a primary and as my CQB loadout is inspired by The Matrix, as many pistols as possible is required

Best excuse for having a mulit-gun loadout :P.

'FireKnife'

lol. Like the Evike "Epic MOLLE Time"

"Let's add another pistol, another pistol, *friutcage it, A GRENADE PISTOL."

Multiple grenade pistols with a grenade bandolier belt and a the ICS MGL for a primary would be the ideal CQB load out IMHO.

Would suck for field, but you would reign terror at ANY cqb event ;)

-Hawaiian

• 4 weeks later...

I know right!? My TM M14 can shoot 200ft all day still. Probably 40k round through it total. Gearbox is still smooth as glass. 

May change the barrel sometime. getting oxidized on the outside and is generally horrible.

Not had that problem with the barrel as yet, but agreed on the 'smooth as glass' feel.  I only ever use it on semi, but for shot consistency and accuracy I have no way to beat it with anything else I own that is not a bolt action.

My TM 1911 that gets truly used and abused it still going.

The only thing I have noticed is that if I give the slide a hard tug the safety doesn't lock on every time afterwards, but this is rare and not that much of an issue for it.

'FireKnife'

My TM 1911 was mine until I fitted it with a metal kit, now it's more of a 'summer special'.

I think my real seasoned veteran is my TM FAMAS SV that I got from one of the Bisley shows way back in around '97. It was second hand even then (had been used as a film prop beforehand so had probably not been fired much, if at all) and it continues to work to this day albeit needing a little TLC. However, it's kind of in its retirement phase now, so I guess today it would probably be my TM Hi Capa 4.3.

I have plenty of cool and more interesting guns but the 4.3 just oozes practicality (I think I once argued that especially for its price it's probably the most practical pistol you could buy, at least a few years ago it was anyway). Despite its uninspiring aesthetics it has won my heart through a kind of graceless, no-frills charm and also in part due to the fact that I seem to have gotten more kills with it than probably any of my other guns in recent years.

So mine is the TM Hi Capa 4.3, with an M3 on it you can pretty much deal with any situation, particularly CQB. Close runners up though are probably my KSC TMP (my favourite gun in my collection- although again like the 1911 a little dependant on temperature) and my cheap, cheerful but always dependable Galaxy MP5k.

Decimus.

Oh and in my eyes, two pistols is never greedy, for me it's a necessity. The aforementioned New York reload is a staple of my CQB diet ;)

See this man makes sense.

Though with my idea for a loadout I don't think a Detonics would make for a good ankle pistol. :P

Plus I wouldn't want to wear a suit at the 'local', they use it for paintball and it would be ruined beyond use, even for other games, in half a day.

And my 1911 is still going, just can't kill the damn thing by normal use. It hasn't even lost that much power wise (about max 5fps average since I got it).

'FireKnife'

Though with my idea for a loadout I don't think a Detonics would make for a good ankle pistol. :P

'FireKnife'

Try a HFC Colt .25? =P it's a bit lighter than a PPK and has higher ammo capacity than a Derringer. They're kind of awful performance wise but still they look cute, so who cares?

I need to get a Detonics at some point, in part because they're awesome but mainly so that in a game I can use my 1911, a Detonics and my Colt .25... Daddy gun, mummy gun and baby gun =P

Try a HFC Colt .25? =P it's a bit lighter than a PPK and has higher ammo capacity than a Derringer. They're kind of awful performance wise but still they look cute, so who cares?

I need to get a Detonics at some point, in part because they're awesome but mainly so that in a game I can use my 1911, a Detonics and my Colt .25... Daddy gun, mummy gun and baby gun =P

Getting hold of one is the issue there. Also my loadout idea needs the Detonics to stay true to it :P. But then as I wont be running a Bren Ten or a S&W 645 / 4506 it doesn't matter too much.

Well techincally the Colt .25 is it's own design, but it is about the smallest airsoft Colt you will get so fair enough ;).

Either way I have the loadout and the guns to use, now to move so I can play at a site that isn't just hi-cap lobbing over open ground with the odd barrier and tree :D

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

My DE super-90 clone has out lasted a TM Glock, G&G Sig 550, and KWA MP9. It is the only airsoft gun that hasn't given me any trouble, ever, and I've had it for a good few years now. I use it extensively  because all the previously mention replicas break down every goddamn time I go out. 

My WE G39 might prove to be reliable too (apart from the mags), time will tell.

Archived