more noobie questions mp5k related

minisam92

Can any body reccomend to me where would be the best place to buy a well gbb mp5k found a asian site selling them at $60 ? but doesnt say about shipping etc.

Also could any body give me a review of this gun, pros and cons ?

And is the galaxy mp5k aeg recommended (on the same site $62) ?

Also could anybody tell me from experience if its really expensive or reasonable to get airsoft guns/parts shipped from asia ?

I was looking at a Cyma AEG myself. You can find them on ACMgear.com if you don't mind importing.

As with all importing, you have to bear in mind that the price of a listed item does not include shipping nor any taxes or fees taken on arrival here in the UK. As a rough guide, add up the item price plus shipping/ Swap the $ sign for a £ sign and add a small percentage on top. That should give you an idea of the imported cost of a RIF.

Also, what is your budget?

If it is your first gun or something you intend to skirmish I strongly recommend you do not buy a GBB.

If it is for fun, go for it but you will be at a severe disadvantage in a shoot out.

GBBs are difficult and expensive to skirmish, I do it but it isn't for everyone.

My mags cost £350, I can still only carry 350 rounds into a game.

I have a 50 50 chance of making it through a full game day without some king of gun failure.

If you want to skirmish and be effective look for an electric gun.

At your budget you should look for a used one on a forum.

That way you get a good start and if you decide to try to skirmish a gas gun you will have a back up electric gun for the safe zone should your GBB die.

That's what I'd do anyway.

I already own a cm16 and a we 1911 was just going to get it for a secondary / 3rd gun was looking more towards gbb as i prefere the sound if im totally honest.

Was looking for one second hand on zero one but there the same price as a new one some times more expensive.

Is there a particular brand in that sort of price second hand or new that would be decent ?

I don't have any direct experience of any of the recent types of GBB MP5.

Mine is an FTC from the 90s.

If it doesn't have to be an MP5 then I can't recommend the KWA MP9 highly enough.

It is Loud, high ROF, mine was shooting well in the 6 degree air at the Mall the other day and it has something that the MP5 doesn't have:

A stock.

It makes a surprising difference to the ease of use.

The other thing about the MP5K is, it really isn't that small. It is a 1970s design and it shows.

Really want an mp5k tbh just love them :) , thanks for the advice though if i cant find one i might look into an mp9 :)

Has any one had any experience importing rifs from overseas ?

If so could you tell me if it is just like buying off ebay or is it more complex than that ?

By the way thanks for the advice give so far guys im soaking it all up like a sponge :)

Both are the least reliable of their respective propulsion (aeg/gbb).

Hence the really low price!

Galaxy mp5s are used as project guns.

'Least' reliable eh? funny that, as the galaxy I've got is over 5 years old and still going strong. 320 fps out of the box, 315 fps now.

Buying from abroad is easy.

You have to bear in mind that you will have VAT to pay on the value of the item and the postage and duty on just the item (15% and 10%).

Basically you can expect prices in US dollars to end up being what you pay in pounds.

Make sure you use a decent shop, I recommend WGC, Den Trinity, Ehobby asia, uncompany, boomarms and rsov.

Beyond that you will have to ask here about specific shops.

• 11 months later...

If you are really after a MP5K and have a defence you can have my TM project one off of me, works a treat and is a TM so will last you a long while (but it is AEG not GBB) :P.

But to be honest as far as MP5Ks or even MP5s go in gas form you are better off with an AEG, even the WE probably isn't going to be that amazing.

'FireKnife'

The WELL GBB MP5k is a copy of the Maruzen GBB MP5K and I have to say you should avoid at all costs. They are fantastic when they fire, but are some of the most unreliable airsoft guns I've ever had to work on. The magazine shell is in two halves and splits itself apart, the buffer for the bolt rips itself from the body and the list goes on.

Terrible guns, avoid.

The little Galaxy AEGs, on the other hand, are fantastic for the price. Chinese guns so don't expect too much in terms of quality, but they usually work very well out of the box and go for quite a few thousand rounds before developing faults. And even then, given that they are V3 gearboxes, and TM clones, spare parts are abundant and repairs are easy.

Would recommend the Galaxy.

{edit} PS I would definatly agree with AmatuerStuntMan above, a stock makes a massive difference to the way a gun handles, Especially in CQB, makes aiming much quicker and more precise. If you can find it, Galaxy make their MP5k with a stock as well.

• 8 months later...

Archived