WE vs. TM Glock 17 / 18c Magazine Comparison

Currently retails for $19.99 at Airsoft Extreme. They currently have a holiday coupon for 20% off accessories. So at $16 a magazine, it was hard to pass up and get one or two.

20121215_125828.jpg

The WE Glock mag comes in a thin cardboard box.

Here are some more photos. As you can see, the Tokyo Marui and WE magazines are virtually identical. WE afterall cloned the Marui system. The one on the left is the WE magazine. The one on the right is the TM Magazine.

20121215_130404.jpg

20121215_130436.jpg

20121215_130419.jpg

20121215_130353.jpg

Obvious difference between the two other than the trademarks are the output valve strike face.

20121215_130004.jpg

TM output valve

20121215_125939.jpg

WE output valve

Another difference between the TM and WE magazines are the gas input valve.

20121215_125854.jpg

The WE input valve uses an o-ring which minimizes the loss of gas when charging the magazines. KJW and KWA magazines also share this feature.

20121215_125912.jpg

The Tokyo Marui input valve does not use an o-ring much like KSC magazines. When the tip of the can of 134a, Green Gas, or propane adapter is lined up properly...there's very minimal loss of propellant when charging the magazine. If you're not doing it right...you'll know. Yup...gas spewing everwhere.

The Third difference between the WE and Marui magazines is the gas output seal.

20121215_131820.jpg

Notice how the window on the TM (left magazine) is bigger than the WE (right magazine).

Another difference between the seals of the two magazines is the shape of the surface of the gas output seal. The Marui magazine has convex surface where as the WE magazine has a flat surface as shown on the photos below.

20121215_125531.jpg

WE on the left. Marui on the right.

20121215_130015.jpg

Tokyo Marui

20121215_130025.jpg

WE

Why is this important? The shape of the face of the gas output seal is important because its a rubber seal. Its meant to eliminate loss of gas when the gas leaves the gas and shoots into the nozzle/blowback unit. An improper seal may affect gas efficiency negatively.

While WE may have copied the TM system in general...specs may be off on a few parts. I haven't looked around to see what shape the loading nozzles gas input window on WE Glocks look like. I'm not sure whether its flat (which matches the WE Glock mag gas output seal) or convex/ rounded (which would make it identical to the TM loading nozzles). This type of info may be useful for those wondering if their busted TM Glock loading nozzle could be replaced by WE Glock loading nozzles.

Anyhow, I bought an old TM Glock 17 GBB yesterday. When I got home to clean the pistol, I noticed that the loading nozzle was busted. I was just at a local airsoft shop and recalled seeing one Guarder Reinforced Loading Nozzle for the TM G17. Called up the shop to have the part reserved for me and headed out that way.

When I got home, I noticed something different about the loading nozzle. The face of the gas input window was flat! Before buying the nozzle, I already knew that it uses a rocket valve (like on the KSC glocks) as opposed to a flute valve (which are standard marui loading nozzle valves). So I thought...no biggie. It works with standard TM Glock Magazines (from past experience). With the WE Glock GBB magazines on hand, I thought...the face of the seals are both flat which would be perfect...providing that they mate properly. Good news. They do.

20121215_125206.jpg

Guarder Reinforced Loading Nozzle for TM G17. It has a flat surface on the gas input window.

20121215_125214.jpg

OEM TM G17 Loading Nozzle. It has a curved surface on the gas input window.

--------------------

I have not done any thorough testing of the WE Glock Magazine but I will tell you that it works well on my TM based Glock 17 with a PGC slide and a Guarder Reinforced Loading Nozzle. At about 70 degrees, my pistol shoots about 282-292 FPS with .20g BBs using propanes. With the TM magazine, I was shooting .20g BBs at 288-294 FPS using propane.

I haven't recorded any FPS readings from using the WE Glock magazine through another one of my TM based Glocks which use the OEM TM G17 loading nozzle. When I do, I'll make it a point to update this post.

Edit:

Something to note. The WE magazines are significantly easier to load from the magazine lip compared to the TM magazine.

FPS with OEM loading nozzle in a TM based G17. Marui mag chronoed 292-300 FPS with .20g BBs at 70 degrees.

FPS with OEM loading nozzle in a TM based G17. WE mag chronoed 304-312 FPS with .20g BBs at 70 degrees.

----------------

On a separate note, my third Marui Based Glock with the Nine Ball 6.00mm x 97mm power barrel chronoed 314-319 FPS with .20g BBs using propane through the TM Magazine. Using propane through the WE magazine, I was getting 324-332 FPS with .20g BBs.

I was using Marui .20g BBs for chronoing purposes. The hop setting is different for all three guns.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py