The most REALISTIC milsim - UK?

Lancek

Yes mate, I'm ex forces but nothing special.

I haven't played at Stirling or Tier 1.

I played at Northern Mil-Sim back in the day, it was a private club so no cheating but there was a lot of stagging on.

I find that a lot of forces guys have a few habits that don't go down too well.

Blind fire for example, or a tendency to play in a slightly more physical way.

However, I play strictly for fun and apply almost none of my training to airsoft.

One thing that always sets me on edge is some goon from the air cadets throwing orders around.

Or people suggesting we employ military tactics that do not apply to airsoft.

End of the day, different people find different things fun.

I've played at Stirling games and thoroughly enjoyed them, I've played at Tier1 games and thoroughly enjoyed them too, but for different reasons. I've also played, and I am flying out on Wednesday to play again, the 9 day long East Wind which is more of a milsim game than both. In that time I might have to sit in an LPOP over night watching a road junction, I might have to head out on a multiday patrol and in that time I might not even see anyone or I might have to lay in ambush on a road that observation has determined is used by the WARPAC forces. There is a bit of waiting around and there is issues with supplies and kit going down. There is also a significant emphasis on planning of missions and working together to get stuff done. It's not a game for someone who wants to shoot lots and it certainly isn't for everyone, infact it isn't for most people because they simply won't enjoy it. Is this most people's idea of fun? Nope. To many it is *suitcase*, but to some it is fun and a challenge.

Along the same lines, you'll find me at a normal skirmish running round seriously outgunned with just my pistol and a cheeky grin or hosing with hi caps.

I find various different parts of this hobby fun and interesting for different reasons. I don't expect others to agree with those reasons or wish for them to conform to those reasons. I know what is fun for me won't always be fun for other people and I accept that.

• 1 month later...

FCS (arnies account Janno) might be worth a look too, they used to run days with normal skirmishes for a few rounds, what they called "head to head", and then the rest of the day would be "scenarios" / "ops", those are ran very differently with lots of role playing elements, i.e. falling to the ground when shot, baddies might not be armed at all, physical arrest etc, there's no win or lose, afterwards the staff would give us a debrief of how well / badly we did, where we've gone wrong etc.  

In their last 2 days weekender at a CPO training facility in Ringwood, which I'd would say was somewhere between themed skirmish and milsim, the two teams (with uniform codes) were given two separate websites (or as they called it, terminals) weeks ahead, with your own ID and password assigned to you when you book, we were given intels of each important characters (staffs that were part of the game), detail and setting of the missions and side missions, various outcomes, reward for each mission, and a forum to go with it for people to discuss priorities and mission plans. 

We had designated 4x4 drivers (staff) to take us around the site, short burst to the windshield disables the vehicle, and when everyone is killed inside, you can get in and hijack the vehicle for your own use for one journey. The game heavily revolved around close protection since the people that ran in are in that business, so lots of embus debus drills with VIP etc.. 

For instance, on the first day later on in the evening (around 9pm) my squad was tasked with planting a listening device in the enemy's base (which we were not told where it was), we had to do it unseen by anyone on their team (dead man included), it was pitch black, and one of us had a night vision. As we managed to plant it, as a result in a mission the next day we knew about the exact route and meeting time of a character we had to assassinate.

Their missions are very well thought out with actual consequences, it changes where the "story" takes you, I highly recommend their games to anyone who wants something different every now and then. 

It's not hardcore milsim, but there's ammo limit, no engagement distance limits, story driven scenarios and bang rule is banned. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Another vote for Tier 1.

Done 6 or 7 36 hour events over the past 3 years, in all the elements. 

Easily the best and 'best-worst' experiences of airsoft ever....

One of the best experiences I have had in airsoft was after sitting on Stag for 5 hours, in an Simulated Afghan village, cold, and tense, being bumped by the entire of Blue Force at around 0600. 40+ guys attacking a compound, with 4 RedFor defending. Remote dets and pyro was used a plenty, and we managed to hold out until our reinforcements came. 

Best-Worst experience. January 2013, Norfolk, Night one of a 36hr event. Being on Patrol around a hostile village, in a blizzard, in traditional Afghan gear, cold, wet, COLD, I mean really *fruitcage* COLD -6 I think, weather was tragic. But the best part was that the lads I was with were in the same (if not worse) state I was in... So after an hour of that we assaulted a building, with a surprising amount of ferocity, just so we were warm...

To me, these 36 hour Jaunts are HARD. There is always one point where I ask myself "Why do you do this?". There is a lack of warmth and sleep, but after the fact, and when we settle down for a pub lunch on the way home, the stories and comradeship make it worthwhile. I have looked back fondly on all these events, with a weird feeling of accomplishment. 

But I have met a fantastic bunch of guys through this, and if you have a team of mates, very little (in airsoft) will bring you closer. The abuse you give and take keeps you going.You will have a million in jokes, and afterwards you will feel you have accomplished something. You have to push yourself at some points to keep your head up, but it's worth it. I work in an office, in finance, so doing weekends like this are hard enough for me!

After saying how hard and rewarding it can be: 

Last Tier 1 we occupied (as baddies) a building in an Afghan village. Our team brought rugs, maps, lanterns and candles to set up our own living area, a "Mullah Corner" if you will... 

Also look where you get to play!!!!!!!

post-66855-0-49212200-1392663725_thumb.jpg

Being a regular teammate of Westy's I can attest that when we were in that -7 blizzard and we realised we were actually being nice to each other, we knew things were getting hard :P

A year on from my last comment on this thread and I'm still loving T1. Done a couple of training weekends from them now (serving RM instructors) and the knowledge they share, the effort they put in and the experience as a whole has just been superb. 

A year on from my last comment on this thread and I'm still loving T1. 

you both realise that this thread is almost a year old?

You do realise that I commented on that in my actual post right? Don't you have anything better to do than pointlessly criticise two people offering additional information to a topic that might further inform others? Especially when you blatantly haven't even bothered to read them?

Bleat about Necroposting to someone that gives a *suitcase*.

You do realise that I commented on that in my actual post right? Don't you have anything better to do than pointlessly criticise two people offering additional information to a topic that might further inform others? Especially when you blatantly haven't even bothered to read them?

Bleat about Necroposting to someone that gives a *suitcase*.

Uhm, you DO realise his post is over 4 hours old, right? :rolleyes:

This was my house half set up at the last Tier 1 game.

8671701ffdd9722048631542cede040f_zps0fdc

Carpet, table and chairs, camp beds lanterns and spot lights. Even had a whiteboard with the floor plan of the house compound to mark on where trip wires and wireless dets were, along with the number on the det control fob so anyone of us could use it and know what we were blowing up. Might not be entirely legit bonafide Afghanistan Taliban but it was certainly cosy!

I like the idea of milsims more or pess. A real milsim event would be awful. Getting screamed at for not polishing shoes or havong kit laid out in unapproved ways. Carrying fullweight rucks on pointless runs being beasted for someone elses *fruitcage* up and then spending 5 hpurs on stag where ypu are shot at and upon radioing into base refusing permission to return fire because they have put away their weapon sp the r.o.e means you cannot engage.

• 2 weeks later...

The discussion generated much interest beyond "which site". We have similar discusion going around in our country.

If you have time shoot our blog an email of what you consider a milsim, or how you see milsim/non-milsim difference. Much thanks :)

http://s8pmc.eu/about/airsoft-milsim/

Archived