KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Id use double tap all the time, just because its really cool and two rounds on target :D

Nice to know about the recoil.

Also on the mags is the sleve round the bottom half plastic? Does it help at all with insulating the mags?

Edited by bankz5152

Wow, I cannot wait to get mine out of its wrapping.  My wife has it in the box and I cannot open it till Christmas.  I am in agony! I cannot even peep at it!!!!  The pictures of it in action are sheer torture.  I feel like a masochist.  It hurts, but I cannot look away! :D

What weight BBs were you using Noveske?  I was going to run .30s in mine to help with the accuracy.  I am hoping the hop can handle those.

Wow, I cannot wait to get mine out of its wrapping.  My wife has it in the box and I cannot open it till Christmas.  I am in agony! I cannot even peep at it!!!!  The pictures of it in action are sheer torture.  I feel like a masochist.  It hurts, but I cannot look away! :D

What weight BBs were you using Noveske?  I was going to run .30s in mine to help with the accuracy.  I am hoping the hop can handle those.

I run KSC 0.25g.  @340-350FPS, I don't think 0.3g is necessary.  You'll definately see the drop in velocity.

@Noveske :  any idea what you will be using to hold the mags in? As in stuck on what to use. So far best thing i've come by is Mayflower quad mp7 mag pouch; but not sure if they will fit? Any ideas as u have the mags in hand

Good Question.  So far I've just been sticking them in my Mayflower UW Gen IV rig.  Haven't thought about any proper pouches yet.  I need to get some more mags first.  I'm thinking of going with more short mags when they come out so that may chance my set up again.

1BD30D4A-70A6-46A0-82EA-F7335864E1EB-146

Got mine today, mucked around with it a bit. Never used the real steel before so forgive the comments on ergoes, whatnot. Also will probably say things that have already been said. Most of this will also be nitpicky, haha.

• Echoing remarks about the hop up adjustment system. The plastic teeth of the adjuster, combined with the fact that the tool they provide is metal, made me extremely frustrated, I couldn't seem to get the teeth to align to each other and didn't want to apply force to it when it wasn't. BUT, A SOLUTION! Though the manual says you should hold the bolt back the entire time you're adjusting the hop, I found it to be MUCH easier to ease the bolt forward, gently pushing the nozzle into the back of the tool. This would both push the teeth of the tool into the teeth of the adjuster, and also keep it from wobbling while moving the adjuster up or down.

• Mag seem pretty susceptible to ambient temps, even more than an KWA MP7 mag, likely because of larger surface area. At 40F outside I actually chronoed at sub 300 FPS. Seems like a pretty huge drop, and I was pretty shocked, could be bad/old/nearly empty bottle of propane I was using. Needs more research. Gun still cycled fine even at those temps though.

• Shouldering the gun up from low ready to firing position puts your eyes directly in the sights and on-target, EVERY TIME, no matter how lazy your technique. Going to make reaction snapshots very easy.

• As mentioned already, the Vector is HEAVY, a bit disconcertingly so. With the monstrous magazine it's probably 50% heavier than the KWA MP7, in addition to poorer weight distribution. Bizarrely, KWA lists the Vector at weighing in at 6.24 lbs, while KRISS' own website lists the carbine (the heaviest configuration) at 5.8lbs... wtf?

• The charging handle can be a bit finicky. It doesn't come very lubed and I was able to make it smoother with a bit of silicon around the mechanism. It really doesn't like shearing forces on the very tip of the handle, it'll tend not even to move. To be able to use it efficiently you basically have to hook one finger onto it and pull back, keeping the finger as close to upper receiver as possible.

• Takedown is, as expected, very painless. Tool-less maintenance and lubing is going to be awesome. Sure, you could get at the bolt of the MP7 easily enough, but anything else was a complete and utter nightmare. Got a wwollen bucking? You might as well have shot yourself in the head. The Vector looks to be much easier.

• Two-round burst is awesome.

• The supplied VFG is lame, and weirdly out-of-date, seemingly based on old Vector prototypes. Why they didn't change this when they went back to make sure the fire selector and other controls were current-spec is strange.

• My lefty friend took one look at the the QD sling ring on the right hand side of the stock and made a "NOPE" face. Of course, plenty of workarounds for this.

• The mag release is irritating, as was already mentioned. Not ambi/too high up on magwell/seemingly risk of accidental mag drops.

Edited by Interficium
  • Like 1

Mag release:

It is where the RS one is and the RS one is there because that is where the notch is on the RS .45 mags it uses.

No real work around without a complex mechanism or something like a BAD lever.

There might be something for airsoft users eventually since dropping a gas mag is much more significant than dropping an empty .45 mag.

Well - no, KWA's previous GBB SMG (the MP7) wasn't 1:1 - in fact, it was more like 0.8:1. Again, is this gun 1:1?

Really?  This I didn't know.  So I'm assuming Marui also got it wrong with their MP7 (as it's the same size as the KWA)?

According to Kriss' website (which also has the specs of the KWA), the specs look similar.  slight differences in length but height-wise the same.  So I guess it's pretty close to 1:1?

Oh I did notice my KRISS' serial ends with "HK", which I'm assuming is for the HK market.  Anyone have a US version of the KWA Kriss?  I've noticed on the website there are slight differences, specifically to the safety selector which has a "S" and "F" vs the "HK" version which only has a red dot.  Can anyone confirm this?

Really?  This I didn't know.  So I'm assuming Marui also got it wrong with their MP7 (as it's the same size as the KWA)?

Yup. I've never received a satisfactory answer as to why the Marui is the same seemingly arbitrary size as the KWA/KSC. The only thing I can think of is it's somehow a lot cheaper to make it only a little bit smaller, perhaps because at 100% you can only fit 1 mould in each machine, whereas at 85% you can fit two, or something like that.

According to Kriss' website (which also has the specs of the KWA), the specs look similar.  slight differences in length but height-wise the same.  So I guess it's pretty close to 1:1?

Yep, looking at KWA's site and Kriss', I'd say they're pretty damned close. At that level of detail, I'd imagine that whatever dimensional differences there are have been deliberately inserted to make it impossible to confuse parts between the two.

Could I ask what gas you were using?

Site I play at limit is 350 with a .2, I downgraded my mp9 with the dangerwerx part to allow it to use propane. Early days for this I know but I'm planning lol

I was planning on the same, but read the manual online and says using propane or anything besides green gas can cause the gun to malfunction and also void the warranty

I was planning on the same, but read the manual online and says using propane or anything besides green gas can cause the gun to malfunction and also void the warranty

They say to use Green Gas because propane may cause build up and may deteriorate plastic and rubber. Though at the same time no one has any proof or actual evidence that this actually occurs, just that many of the repair guns that go to KWA they noticed are propane users (not all). It's some what of a "use at your own risk" type of situation.

Also if you have any concerns of over pressure...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKB5Xr_FAc[/media]

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Just remember to feed some silicone into your propane mix.  Green gas has silicone in the mix, this is probably why it's a bit better, but from what I heard, they're very similar gases, if not the same.

Chemically they are exactly the same except for propane has a federally-mandated odorant added, while green gas has a varying amount of silicon added. 

If you add a little bit of silicon to your propane adaptor, and are willing to open up the gun every two-or-three times to clean and relube (which is honestly something you should be doing even while using green gas), you should have no problem. 

If you plan to use your GBB a lot, the savings you'll get from using huge bottles of >$4 propane compared to 8oz green gas bottles at <$11 will add up pretty quickly. 

Edited by Interficium
  • Like 2

• As mentioned already, the Vector is HEAVY, a bit disconcertingly so. With the monstrous magazine it's probably 50% heavier than the KWA MP7, in addition to poorer weight distribution. Bizarrely, KWA lists the Vector at weighing in at 6.24 lbs, while KRISS' own website lists the carbine (the heaviest configuration) at 5.8lbs... wtf?

The vector that matches the KWA version weighs in at 5.6lb, unloaded, without accessories, 30 rounds of .45acp comes in somewhere around 1.5lbs meaning with a full mag it should be around 7.1lb(maybe a little more if they counted the mag as an accessory). Airsoft mags don't change much in weight between full and empty, and weigh a lot more than an empty real steel mag, so I think maybe the weight is being talked about more than it needs to be. Look up the weights for KWA's USP series and the equivalents from H&K, you'll find they're heavier too, because while the actual pistol weighs near-as-dammit the same, the magazines are necessarily heavier.

Yup. I've never received a satisfactory answer as to why the Marui is the same seemingly arbitrary size as the KWA/KSC. The only thing I can think of is it's somehow a lot cheaper to make it only a little bit smaller, perhaps because at 100% you can only fit 1 mould in each machine, whereas at 85% you can fit two, or something like that.

It's because all of the Airsoft MP7s are based on the TM AEP version, which was made by TM, who didn't have access to a real MP7 at the time to do things with.

I'm willing to bet that they were working off pictures and dimension information - notice the Airsoft MP7s are exactly as long WITH a flash hider as the real MP7 is WITHOUT one. I suspect they were working with the length measurements from the prototype H&K PDW (essentially an Mp7 without a f/h) and by the time the mistake was discovered it was already too late to change.

• Like 1

the magazines are necessarily heavier.

Maybe just not that necessary. With the age old method of using cast zinc for magazines, then yes. You're gonna need a pretty thick cross section on pressure bearing parts. But I imagine that if they used steel/alu sheet metal casings for the outer shell, plastic bb tracks and followers, and a steel cylinder for the main gas compartment they could get airsoft mag weights much closer to their loaded real steel counterparts.