KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

I just got mine today. Wanted to put my flashlight in, so started to disassemble. While pulling out my bolt carrier assembly the front part of the bolt nozzle snapped off. I follwoed the instructions I thought perfectly, and didnt yank it out. Now doesn't create a seal to hold the pressure. Contacted KWA, and told them exactly what part number it is that I need, took pictures, and they still want me to send the whole gun in. Makes no sense.

IMG_0400.JPG

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

I just got mine today. Wanted to put my flashlight in, so started to disassemble. While pulling out my bolt carrier assembly the front part of the bolt nozzle snapped off. I follwoed the instructions I thought perfectly, and didnt yank it out. Now doesn't create a seal to hold the pressure. Contacted KWA, and told them exactly what part number it is that I need, took pictures, and they still want me to send the whole gun in. Makes no sense.

That's very strange that your front nozzle would snap off while pulling out your bolt carrier assembly!  Did you remove the upper and lower first as in the instructions before pulling out the assembly?  Was it shooting before you tried to disassemble it?

Wow, after Sonny's bad news I almost hesitate to post this :( 

However....

OMG OMG OMG!!  I just got the green gas today that I needed and 2 minutes ago I just ripped a full mag full of BBs into a cardboard box indoors!  OMG!! I orgasmed! It runs soooooooooooooooo sweet!  Now I have to test it outdoors this weekend to try out the hop up unit.  Meanwhile, I will have to go find my dogs,  they panicked and ran off to the hills somewhere.  They were not even in the same room, just the sound was so loud they bolted outside.   First time they have reacted that way to a GBB.

Installs recoil kit ... instantly voids warranty. Win!

From what I understand KWA did their best to balance gas efficiency with felt recoil. I'd rather have fantastic gas efficiency on a full auto mag dump and decent but not incredible felt recoil over meh gas efficiency and reduced product life but great felt recoil. If this enhanced recoil kit is anything like others I've seen for similar platforms ... this is probably a bad idea.

• Like 2

Considering it ruined the KWA MP7s in many cases beyond normal repair. It is a bad idea, just leave it is not needed!!

Also WHERES MINE!!

Aparently WGC only got a very small 'test' batch in on the 18th, then the local orders, International Orders havnt come in yet, aparently they should be ready to ship on the 2nd Jan.

I also believe a recoil-kit wouldn't proove too efficient for the Kriss Vector.

I got my chance this morning to field-test one and everything worked flawlessly,

the only thing I was a bit taken back by was the weight, it's quite a heavy piece,

If a burglar enters your house, no need to reach for the trusty baseball bat,

the Kriss Vector magazine will do the job ;)

Isn't that pretty much the same as everything you do to an airsoft weapon?

Actually no. There are certain upgrades that are considered acceptable and reasonable within manufacturer allowances, and some that will void the warranty. For example, some manufacturers might include a quick

Change spring mechanism with the understanding you may wish to downgrade or upgrade your AEG's power slightly one way or the other. If you go past what they would consider a reasonable threshold then you are considered to knowingly void your warranty. Some gearboxes do not have a quick change spring mechanism or instead outright just have a sticker on the gearbox seam saying that if the seal is broken you immediately void your warranty. With GBBs and GBBRs I don't believe there's a single major manufacturer out there that will warranty a GBB gun of any sort that has been upgraded or modified since the guns have generally already been tuned to maximize their lifespan (as short as it may already be in some cases).

Point here is, the gun functions perfectly fine as is. Do you really want to void the OEM warranty for a little more added recoil and no gain in accuracy or efficieny at the risk of possible a malfunction or other failures in the gun down the road that may result in a shorter product lifespan and zero warranty support? Because I guarrantee you the manufacturer of the aftermarket upgrade kit isn't going to warranty your KRISS.

• Like 2

I also believe a recoil-kit wouldn't proove too efficient for the Kriss Vector.

I got my chance this morning to field-test one and everything worked flawlessly,

the only thing I was a bit taken back by was the weight, it's quite a heavy piece,

If a burglar enters your house, no need to reach for the trusty baseball bat,

the Kriss Vector magazine will do the job ;)

definitely a heavy hitter...lol

still waiting for mine...already inbound...tracking states that it should be delivered by the end of the day tomorrow. :)

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I believe only KWA USA Kriss Vectors are warrantied (serial ends with a "US" and comes with a blue tag), and only in the US.  International distributors that are selling ex-US models (like mine ending with serial "HK" and comes with a green tag) may not be warrantied by KWA or KWA directly (ie self-warrantied by the distributor, but most likely not).  

Better check before you buy.

That said, does anyone have an idea what is covered under the KWA USA warranty? Is wear and tear covered and for how long?

EDIT:  I also want to say, before we jump on the hate bandwagon, let's see what this heavy recoil kit is all about and what parts will actually be required to be changed, before we jump to any conclusions.

Edited by Noveske

Noveske beats me to it again (actually I was too lazy to write a review).

Anyway, some problems with the gun, and how to resolve them:

1. Weight.  The gun is almost double the mass of the MP7, and almost all of it is forward of the trigger.  But thanks to the stock's design, it can still be shouldered with one hand and fired accurately. 

A lot of this weight is found in the almost all steel internals (including the 2 burst cam, thank god that's steel).  And the main recoil block that moves up and down is all steel.  The metal bottom plate that it recoild into is NOT steel.

2. The "sticky" bolt.  When charging the weapon, the bolt will sometime get stuck in the last 5% or so of it's backward travel.  This is actually due to not pulling the bolt all the way back.  I mean ALL the way back.  You have to pull till you feel hard resistance, and then your bolt will not stick.  If you don't, it will stick every time.
The bolt can also stick when firing, this is most likely caused by inconsistent blowback force.  I can think of no way to solve this other than a stronger hammer spring.

3. The charging handle design.  I suspect there will be more than one idiot who will break off the charging handle on his Kriss within the first few minutes.  In order to be charged properly, you have to pull from the stem of the charging handle, not the tip.  If you pull from the tip, it jams the handle in, creates a rotational force rather than a straight pull.  Since the charging handle is not steel, you can potentially break it this way.

4. Butt pad is not rubberized, and has no real traction, quite slippery actually.

5. 16mm+ threading.  Will need adaptor. boooo

6. Integral light can only take ONE model of white light from a relatively obscure brand.  They should have included this in the package, I would have paid extra.  Or at least have it as an accessory.  For non US people, the white light will be hard to get a hold of.

7. Single point sling position is very poorly thought out, gets in the way and causes the SMG to twist in the wrong direction when not handled.

8. Magazine catch location is really awkward.  Not only is there a real threat of accidental engagement when you're mag holding, but it's hard to depress the button and pull out the mag at the same time if you don't want the mag to drop free.  And given the weight and cost of the mags, you definitely do NOT want them to drop free.