KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

2. The "sticky" bolt.  When charging the weapon, the bolt will sometime get stuck in the last 5% or so of it's backward travel.  This is actually due to not pulling the bolt all the way back.  I mean ALL the way back.  You have to pull till you feel hard resistance, and then your bolt will not stick.  If you don't, it will stick every time.

The bolt can also stick when firing, this is most likely caused by inconsistent blowback force.  I can think of no way to solve this other than a stronger hammer spring.

I think you mean recoil spring?  It's the weak snap back that prevents the sticky bolt.  Pulling the bolt all the way back just enables it to snap back quicker with more tension in the recoil spring.  So a strong recoil spring should do the trick.  However, I've now applied Strikeforce lubricant to all the travelling parts (except the nozzle, still use silicone for that) and the sticky bolt is no longer an issue.  Also worth mentioning this also lightened the trigger pull.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

I think you mean recoil spring?  It's the weak snap back that prevents the sticky bolt.  Pulling the bolt all the way back just enables it to snap back quicker with more tension in the recoil spring.  So a strong recoil spring should do the trick.  However, I've now applied Strikeforce lubricant to all the travelling parts (except the nozzle, still use silicone for that) and the sticky bolt is no longer an issue.  Also worth mentioning this also lightened the trigger pull.

But I remember you said it was still sticking last Saturday?

Anyway, I agree there's probably an easy fix to the proble, with some lubrication or spring tuning etc.

I'm very tempted to use the Kriss for my illegal street game tomorrow...

Will be a good test since it's going to be quite chilly and there will be a lot of full auto action.

But until I rob a certain someone of their EOtech 516, I won't be able to complete the full on mall ninja look for the gun; my T-1 just isn't doing it, and the M4S would be out of the question, way too big.

I don't think you can work this gun reliably on duster gas.

The MP7 worked only because there was plenty of excess recoil on green gas.

But this is not true for the Kriss.  Given that the bolt tends to stick if it does not complete 100% of it's travel, I don't believe you will be able to reliably use it unless you cut the spring.

I'd recommend waiting for a low flow value and then using a propane tank adaptor (I saw that all the time in Japan, no one seems to care).

However, I've now applied Strikeforce lubricant to all the travelling parts (except the nozzle, still use silicone for that) and the sticky bolt is no longer an issue.

Got a link for this? Google didn't seem to return any concrete results.

Also have experienced sticky bolt issues here.

Had the same concerns about the charging handle and mag release button.

I guess/hope KWA or someone else will release and metal charging handle and an extended mag release.

As for the sling swivel, at first (when the prototypes did not have a slig swivel at all) I thought about putting a Magpul sling swivel or adapt MP7 on the top rail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-js8WhoklI

still 134a gas? Im not so sure. Maybe the other one was filmed using a cold mag?

-----------------------------

I was concerned about reloading the gun as I'm a south paw. But after thinking about it...the way i'll be doing reloads would be to move my right hand from the fore grip to the body holding the gun securely..move my left hand from the pistol grip to the mag...push the mag release button with my  right index finger...place spent mag in the pouch...reload with left hand...hit the bolt catch with the left hand...then grab the pistol grip.

doing this should minimize the chances of dropping the mag...I'll have to see how this will work out for me...hopefully pretty well.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

I didn't bother chronoing. Typically, 134a gas shoots up to 100 fps less when compared to using propane.

LOL I saw your dog running for the hills too!  I play in Las Vegas and the heat here starting in late Spring means these things will cyle even on weak duster gas pretty easily. I switch over from propane/green gas to keep GBBs from either blowing up or getting the "dink" sound of the hammer hitting  the gas valve button and not depressing it.

I am not surprised at all that the Kriss can cycle even in cool weather on 134a.  KWA GBBs are really efficient. It is my guess that indoors using 134a will be quite viable to use in order to drop FPS to acceptable levels. It least that is my plan for now.