KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

A couple of observations on my unit....

If you press up on the magazine, the gun will shoo the bb chambered in it....it'll load the next one but will not fire. You'll need to pop the magazine out...rack the charging handle all the way back...insert the mag and continue firing.

Secondly, when going from semi auto to the two round burst, the shot immediately after switching the selector to burst mode shoots semi auto first...then shoots two round bursts following that. Not really an annoyance, but something that may be worth noting.

Range and accuracy is acceptable..it falls short in the precision department (all from my personal standards..other peoples standards may vary). The Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB definitely has this gun beat in that department (again...my opinion from owning both platforms.)

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Unfortunately, my friends machine is down so he can't make gear for the time being.

For those looking for pouches that would fit the KRISS magazines...TMC MP7 magazine pouches hold them.

20121228_184407.jpg20121228_184416.jpg20121228_184423.jpg

Head On Tactical Triple MP7 Hip Pouch...fits the KWA KRISS magazines

20121229_135812.jpg

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Skirmished today (indoor warehouse CQB, 40F-50F degrees ambient).

The gun had a hard time keeping up after 30 minutes or so as bolt/mags/propane started to get cold, lots of venting, moderate-to-severe ROF and cycling issues. It really doesn't handle cooldown all that great. FPS was 330ish. May try to look in to some chem hand warmer solutions.

Otherwise performed flawlessly. It doesn't really like the cold though.

I'm really rather disappointed that the "System 7 Two" was not used here, but rather the same Glock style gas mags that they've had for years and years.

IIt's clear that this thing goes through a LOT of gas per shot.  Like many other GBBs, full auto on this is not a practical option.

Looks like MP7 is still king.

100rd mags! Lol....id be happy with a tm vector...

Side note put about 500 rounds through the gun between my buddy and I

Gun shot well...not Marui accuracy/ precision...but pulling the trigger more than twice gets me kills :)

Now the down side...all 4 of my mags seem to have developed a very very very faint leak. Been running coleman propane through it (drops of silicone per requirement). I will monitor this issue very closely.

Snoopy, how do you store your mags?  After the warranty period I will do this to my Vector as I do in all my gas guns.  I run the gun on propane, but I store the mags with green gas.  I have no proof, just my own experience that the seals in the mag seem to do better over time when i store them with a shot of green gas vs storing them with propane mixed with silicone.  Does anyone share this opinion or had this result? 

I stored it with left over propane/silicone mix from gaming the previous night which means the mags were half full.

I owned one of those ksc g17 gbbs with the metal slide from 2003 to 2011. None of the mags leaked during that period and I used propane almost exclusively on those mags. Didn't think this would be any different...the leak is not very audible. I have to put it next to my ear, cup it, and listen for the hissing/crackling...

Im taking my mags out and storing em in a baggie with silicone in it. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I'm really rather disappointed that the "System 7 Two" was not used here, but rather the same Glock style gas mags that they've had for years and years.

It's the same reason you don't get system 7 two glocks, it is based on the glock design as it was proving so reliable they started switching their other gbb's to a similar design.

I'd pay big money for an FTC Spectre with the stock and a decent number of mags.

*sigh*

Probably never happen now.

So I need Marui/KWA to do a Spectre after they have done the UMP.

Can you imagine how much gas the old quad-stack spectre mags would hold?

Madness.

Snoopy, thanks for the response! That is why I ask questions.  My expierence is by no means universal.  If you are getting good results by storing with a propane/silicone mix then I readily believe you.  I was kind of hoping against hope that it might be that instead of some type of design or manufacturing problem.  Given your information I am going to pay closer attention to my mags to see if they start springing leaks also. I will chime in if they do so we can all compare results.  

No problem dude. I just got some measurements off of the 3 o-rings off of the valve. The digital calipers may be off some but here's the measurements I got

1.5mm x 3.5mm ID

1mm x 8.5mm ID

0.5mm x 6.5mm ID

I just cleaned the threads on the valves.

The valve length is about 21.4mm. Not sure if the glock valves are similar to it. I know the P226 and the Mac11 use different output valves so I'm not sure which valve shares which.

I just got to clean the threads on the mags for the output valve then reassemble.

---------------------

That seems to have cleared things up for the time being. No noticeable leaks from the output valves that's audible.

Cleaned the threads on the magazine with q-tips...sprayed some CRC Electronic Parts Cleaner in there...q-tipped it and allowed it to air dry before reinstalling the magazine.

Previously, the magazine held gas overnight. The leak was barely audible. You won't hear it unless you put the magazine next to your ear and cup your ear. It was pretty hard to detect. None the less...it was there. I guess it was my OCD that kicked in to make me listen for such a thing. I normally don't do that....probably spoiled from non leaking Marui magazines (Yeah, Marui FanBoy alert....lol).

I'll see how well it holds up. Mags are still charged with propane. Put 3 drops of silicone in the can before I jabbed the mag for 2 seconds with it. All my mags were treated the same. If they end up leaking...I may break down and buy green gas to test it with that. I just really do not want to have to deal with a swollen hop bucking. Granted that the bucking on this is a new type design....its still probably made of the same material.

Snoopy, may I also recommend wrapping the threads in teflon tape? I've done so religiously to all my Gbb's that I run on propane to great success.

So far from what I've seen the KRISS seems to be a miss. Less than stellar accuracy from the new hop up I've only heard raving reviews about and some weak points that you would think would have been noticed in testing. Sounds to me like a rushed product to get it out before the new year. Guess I'll be waiting for a gen2 or reinforced model.

The threads aren't a big deal. It leaks gas when the valves are closed.

Its the smallest (diameter wise) that lets the gas out when its closed.

It still leaked some.

I replaced the stock 1.5mm x 3.5mm o-rings with 1.5mm x 3.0mm o-rings and those seem to solve the very very slight leaking issue as is more snug.

What other issues have you heard about the KRISS?

I was looking at the plastic hop adjustment dial on the KRISS...some fear of stripping it. Its pretty chunky IMO.

After taking the whole KRISS almost all the way apart...I noticed that the teeth on the hop adjustment dial had excess material from where it was cut. People need to make sure that the teeth on their hop dial isn't clogged with excess material as that would prevent proper mating with the hop key.

Accuracy isn't terrible. Range is pretty good. The KRISS isn't a sniper rifle or an AEG. Factors such as lube getting into the hop every shot may affect the shot after shot consistency in terms of precision. Putting a little bit more BBs down range greatly helps when hitting your target. Also helps that the gun shoots hard at 330+ with .25g BBs at about 45-50 degrees using propane.

I've probably put over 1.5k rounds through mine. No significant issues of note aside from the barely leaky magazines. I compare the accuracy to a TM cause to me...TM accuracy/precision/range is the standard of measure. I'm not concerned about power.

• Like 1

one of my mags does seem to leak to, but not from te valve but from the rubber seal on top of the mag.

is there anything that i can do about that ?

Yeap. That's from the output valve.

I'm in the process of trying things out. So far replacing one of the o-rings has been helpful.

Smallest o-ring was a 1.5mm x 3.5mm (Inner Diameter) o-ring.

I replaced it with a 1.5 x 3.0mm (Inner Diameter) o-ring and its holding up.

Your leak is barely audible no? Also, which propellant have you been running through your mags?

well, i use propane and top gas the one with propane has no problems, the one with top gas has the leak.

but i can only hear the leak when im holding the mag upside down and when it lays just on a table.

if i shoot 2 times it stops leaking till it lays flat again.

Guys, quickest way to check for leaks is to gas up the mag and pop it in a bucket of water and check for bubbles.

If you need to make a valve seal better, either use RTV gasket sealant or soak the o-rings in brake cleaning fluid for a few minutes. If your valves are sticking open, then take them apart and soak the o ring in acetone for a few minutes - no more than 5 though.

I like how the top rail is mounted on the gun. I do wish they used more screws to hold it more securely. The RS one probably doesn't use  extra screws to mount the rail more securely.

Anyhow, I found that with an optic installed (I use a replica Aimpoint T-1 with the high mount)...the rail could move around. It does go back into place and doesn't mess the zero of the dot. Just a little quirk I noticed. Not a deal breaker IMO...at least it hasn't bugged me yet :P