KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Point7:

Lol .. the paint is a bit tacky IMHO.  but to each his/her own.

Edit: Noticed your Kriss ends with a serial "HK".  Did you purchase yours from an HK dealer?

I think it looks pretty awesome.

I was thinking of doing the same thing when I first got the gun.  I even have all the paint, brushes and paint remover ready...

Glad to see someone else attempted it first so I can see how it would turn out.

Only thing I'm worried about is how this will affect the resale value on the gun.

Cooking up a chest rig for the KWA KRISS...not sure when the project will get done as its still in the works...but..it is in the works.

It should be similar to the MP7 chest rig I had done up...6 KRISS mags..no pistol mag pouches...using kydex for primary retention. The MP7 rig allows for use of other SMG magazines when the kydex inserts are taken out and velcro lids installed. The new rig will be built specifically for the KRISS mags...with lids installed and kydex yanked out, it may also double as P90 and UMP rigs.

Pics when its made.

MP7 Chest Rig pic :)

20121219_164007.jpg

It's so weird going on youtube and seeing "reviews" of the KWA KRISS Vector and saying it's a perfect gun, with zero faults.

But, I guess that's why arnies is the best airsoft resource on the internet, eh?

The KRISS Vector has a lot to like, particularly the robust (as to be expected) build quality. After 2500+ rounds I couldn't see really any wear on the nozzle, which was pretty pleasantly surprising. It really seems like it was built to last. So far my previous concerns about the charging handle have proven to be unfounded, but then I hardly touch it anyways.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, though, a BIG achilles heel (particularly for everyone who DOESN'T live in California) is gas efficiency and cooldown, which are like a double edged sword that has both edges pointed towards you. This is from Allizard over on KWA's forums:

We spend months on tuning the gas efficiency.  The System V bolt require a lot more energy to move since it work on Multiple axis.  Our original bolt on Prototype 2 was actually heavier but it is affecting the gas system. 

The efficiency is kinda poor, but masked by the large capacity of the magazines. You feel it when the gun has been shot in +4C to +5C weather for an hour though, especially if you even dare run anything other than semi auto. After an hour and half to two hours your bolt will be frozen, and you'll start venting major gas. At this point I may wait until spring  and at least +10C weather before really going through another couple thousand rounds.

I've run WOCs, GHKs, and KWAs (mp7, etc) and this gun definitely has some of the worst cooldown problems I've encountered.

• Like 1

It's so weird going on youtube and seeing "reviews" of the KWA KRISS Vector and saying it's a perfect gun, with zero faults.

But, I guess that's why arnies is the best airsoft resource on the internet, eh?

The KRISS Vector has a lot to like, particularly the robust (as to be expected) build quality. After 2500+ rounds I couldn't see really any wear on the nozzle, which was pretty pleasantly surprising. It really seems like it was built to last. So far my previous concerns about the charging handle have proven to be unfounded, but then I hardly touch it anyways.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, though, a BIG achilles heel (particularly for everyone who DOESN'T live in California) is gas efficiency and cooldown, which are like a double edged sword that has both edges pointed towards you. This is from Allizard over on KWA's forums:

The efficiency is kinda poor, but masked by the large capacity of the magazines. You feel it when the gun has been shot in +4C to +5C weather for an hour though, especially if you even dare run anything other than semi auto. After an hour and half to two hours your bolt will be frozen, and you'll start venting major gas. At this point I may wait until spring  and at least +10C weather before really going through another couple thousand rounds.

I've run WOCs, GHKs, and KWAs (mp7, etc) and this gun definitely has some of the worst cooldown problems I've encountered.

dude...you have inspired me to put up a video of something else :)

Let me leave my TM MP7 GBB mag out...its about 30 degrees Fahrenheit  or so outside

Shooting conditions noted...

Im doing the same 40rd test on the KWA KRISS.

Update:

Shooting conditions noted.

Surprise surprise....

By all means this test is not in any way...shape..or form scientific.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

Worse than a WA-pattern M4?  :o

That one I can't believe. Did the WOC have a heavy bolt?

I wish they didn't use steel for the insides, then maybe I could have a reason to get one.

Where is the 'dislike' button when I need it?

• Like 1

By all means this test is not in any way...shape..or form scientific.

This is actually a pretty great comparison. You can pretty clearly see the difference, with the Kriss venting all over the place, meanwhile look at that mp7 running like a champ!

Does anyone have any thoughts on mitigating this problem? Aftermarket gas route buckings for the mags? Using RC shock oil instead of pure silicone?

After replacing one of the stock o-rings on all 4 of my valves, Ive found that there is still a very very very very small hint of leaking. Its not really too bothersome but at this point...I'll see if it'll work itself out.

The stock o-rings that I replaced were 1.5 x 3.5mm.

I ended up installing 1.5mm x 3.0mm o-rings....these seem to seal better (much less leaking). As far as how much leaking I get...put it this way. A couple seconds worth of gas charged in the magazines (from when the magazine was empty) and my magazines are still gassed up. I only had one that I charged all the way to do the 40rd mag dump test.

I tested one of the three that had a 2 second charge of propane and it fired about 16 BBs before I noticed it was starting to run out of gas. It still has has though...maybe good for another 2-3 shots. It had been about 4 days since I jabbed the mags with 2 seconds worth of propane.

So yeah, I really don't hear it leaking unless you put t directly next to your ear and cup it. Loss of gas is very very very very minimal.

Ordered myself a newer set of these size o-rings. The ones I installed were ones I've had for about 2 years or so. I have 3 more KRISS magazines inbound. Those stock o-rings gets replaced  when I get the mags.

Interficium...

No idea as to how to solve the gas cloud issue.Im sure its got something to do with the KWA rocket valve vs. the TM flute valve.

I don't think they make 1.6mm cross section o-rings...next thicker size o-ring would be 2.0mm x 3.0mm.

After time the o-ring should get squished a bit more...maybe seal better.

My mags currently barely leak. You will only notice it when you are really out to find it. Kinda like getting 99.6% on an exam....not quite 100 but are you really going to nit pick on that .4%?  When I charge my mags...you don't hear it leaking at all. No slight hissing of any sort. You only hear it when you put it next to your ear and cup your ear so it's like you're in a sound proof booth where you can hear virtually no background noise. That's how far you have to go to hear the leak in my mags.

yes its from hong kong, why ?

I'm trying to find out if there are any differences in the different serialized versions.  So far I know there are HK, TW, US, and EU versions.  I'm curious to see if there are any internal component and/or power differences.  Was surprised to see that you have an HK one (I'm assuming you live in Belgium).

Indeed.  We try to be as unbiased as we can because we're not trying to sell you anything.  That and we've got quite a pool of experienced airsofters here :)

More on the cool down of the KRISS.  I know it seems only natural to compare it with the KWA MP7, but in reality, it's a very different system, with a much smaller and lighter bolt which only travels on one plane vs the KRISS Super V mech which has more mechanical joints to alter the direction of energy.  There's definately going to be much more energy required to be able account for the energy loss of pushing such a mechanism.

That said, I guess we'll have to live with not skirmishing with our KRISS in cold weather :P