KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Maybe he has hulk hands.... :P

Spare mags end up weighing another 1 pound and then some a piece.

These things are super fun to run tracer rounds through :P

1 lbs?  You mean more like 1 kg lol

Thing is a brick.  But that's to be expected given the very high steel content in this supposedly polymer gun.

But high steel content is a good thing, really keeps the gun's operational life up.  I was particularly happy that they kept the entire trigger assembly, including the 2 round burst cam, steel.

• Like 1

You have to keep in mind that the thing is like 4 kgs with the mag and a red dot

You have to keep in mind that I give not one fruitcage.... The power of awesome bears me up and makes me strong. ;)

I'm no soft lad. I might have been living the good life here, but I'm still a Sheffield lad, and that means Beef on Iron.....

It is a bit of a weight, but when I am using it as a backup, I only have one spare mag with me, and the launcher primary is a featherweight itself.

She's such a beauty. The extra poundage is worth the cool factor.

Edited by nautilus

Bareknuckle's reaction to the KRISS weight concerns, a play in three acts.

Act I:

Hey what's going on in this thread? I remember back in the day when Madbull was supposed to be working on one of these and one of my teammates was hellaz stoked about it. He even showed me the Future Weapons episode about it and everything. *fruitcage* Super-V recoil reduction systems, how do they work?

Hmmm... People seem to be having a lot of discussion about excessive weight. It can't be that bad. The thing's tiny!

Act 2:

You have to keep in mind that the thing is like 4 kgs with the mag and a red dot

As a real 'MURICAN (these colors don't bleed!), kilograms don't instantly instill an understood sense of the weight to me. Besides, four is a small number, how bad could it be? Time to compare weight with an MP5k PDW or something.

Act 3:

OMGWTFBBQ 4KG IT'S HEAVIER THAN AN M14 WAS THAT 4KG POST SRS NO WAI

Epilogue:

At the end of the day, a well-performing GBB KRISS that actually exists is *fruitcage* RAD AS BALLS

Edit:

IBMedic, that was hyperbole or just really rough estimation, right? Running by WGCshop's weight figure (which is 2.83kg unless their numbers are off), this thing is no heavier than than a CYMA MP5k PDW (2.75 kg, from WGCshop again). I don't think an MP5k PDW is an exceptionally heavy gun; I thought the MP5 series was like the most vanilla lightweight SMG series in the game of airsoft. Unless IBMedic was joking, I am expecting him to post a picture of his KRISS with an ELCAN on it as the "red dot" or something. Or, maybe his red dot is made of lead. That's one reason not to get Chinese clone optics. >:3

Edited by Bareknuckle
  • Like 1

OK

I cant stand it any longer

any EU shops that have them in stock?

Honestly, at this point I think I would wait till spring/summer and see if KWA does some kind of promo players package with an extra mag included, similar to the deals they ran with the MP7. The temps in Belgium at the moment are not going to be friendly to the Vector.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kriss-vector-gbb-49rd-magazine-by-kwa.html

440 grams 

kwa has done an awesome job with using steel parts for the kriss...

Bareknuckle's reaction to the KRISS weight concerns, a play in three acts.

Act I:

Hey what's going on in this thread? I remember back in the day when Madbull was supposed to be working on one of these and one of my teammates was hellaz stoked about it. He even showed me the Future Weapons episode about it and everything. *fruitcage* Super-V recoil reduction systems, how do they work?

Hmmm... People seem to be having a lot of discussion about excessive weight. It can't be that bad. The thing's tiny!

Act 2:

As a real 'MURICAN (these colors don't bleed!), kilograms don't instantly instill an understood sense of the weight to me. Besides, four is a small number, how bad could it be? Time to compare weight with an MP5k PDW or something.

Act 3:

OMGWTFBBQ 4KG IT'S HEAVIER THAN AN M14 WAS THAT 4KG POST SRS NO WAI

Epilogue:

At the end of the day, a well-performing GBB KRISS that actually exists is *fruitcage* RAD AS BALLS

Edit:

IBMedic, that was hyperbole or just really rough estimation, right? Running by WGCshop's weight figure (which is 2.83kg unless their numbers are off), this thing is no heavier than than a CYMA MP5k PDW (2.75 kg, from WGCshop again). I don't think an MP5k PDW is an exceptionally heavy gun; I thought the MP5 series was like the most vanilla lightweight SMG series in the game of airsoft. Unless IBMedic was joking, I am expecting him to post a picture of his KRISS with an ELCAN on it as the "red dot" or something. Or, maybe his red dot is made of lead. That's one reason not to get Chinese clone optics. >:3

WGC's weight is unloaded.  And Ehobby's claim that the mag is 440 grams (roughly 1 lbs) seems extremely unlikely to me.  I don't have a scale to weight them on, but I can tell you for sure that the loaded Kriss is heavier than my all steel LCT AK74.  That's steel receiver and steel 16" barrel. 

They say to use Green Gas because propane may cause build up and may deteriorate plastic and rubber. Though at the same time no one has any proof or actual evidence that this actually occurs, just that many of the repair guns that go to KWA they noticed are propane users (not all). It's some what of a "use at your own risk" type of situation.

Also if you have any concerns of over pressure...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKB5Xr_FAc[/media]

a build up of what ?

Is anyone mad enough to try cutting a long mag into a short one? Looking at the parts diagram, it looks to me that if you cut part # 352 down, and drilled new holes for the pins, it could be done. If this was a sniper backup weapon, I'm thinking you'd want the first mag to be a short one to keep the gun compact while it's hanging from webbing or a sling.

It'd need a bit more just drilling the pin holes, you'd also need to mill the inside for the base plate seal.

Or - and I've done this with the same system to make a flush mag for a Glock 26C - you can do it like this:

Cut to shorten the main part of the mag (352).

File the bottom part of the mag (353) so that it isn't stepped any more.

Throw away the rubber seal (358).

Epoxy the bung (353) into the mag (352), re-drill the mag (352) and pin it for strength if you must.

Re-cut the grooves in the bottom of the mag so that the base plate (354) fits - this is the most fiddly job to be honest.  It's a pain in the *albartroth*.

It's not too hard, you can do it in an hour with a dremel, a file and some decent glue.

Edited by amateurstuntman

20130105_150130.jpg20130105_150030.jpg

Tactical Tailor P90 Magazine Pouch. The black one is a newer one (no extra material at the bottom so the magazine sits lower). The Multicam one is from 2010 (according to the tag).

20130106_213846.jpg

My current setup for the local CQB games. For those wondering whats the deal with how it's set up:

I use my right hand (index finger) to push the mag release button, grabbing onto the front of the KRISS. Left hand takes the spent mag...puts in the dump pouch. Left hand grips the pistol grip, right hand reloads the KRISS.

Yup. Southpaw here.... 

I was originally going to go for a 6 KRISS mag chest rig, but with the weight of the magazines...I'm not so sure anymore. I might just run 4 up front (with 2 pistol mag pouches on the right and a utility pouch on the left for holding bubble gum). Then just run my two other KRISS mags via a double hip pouch.

My buddy at http://www.facebook.com/HeadOnTactical said that he's doing a 4 KRISS mag chest rig soon. When he gets done with it...I'll see how it goes then decide whether to go with a 6 KRISS mag chest rig or the 4. He also has started making pouches specifically made for the KWA KRISS 49rd magazines FYI. Check em out!

543859_326188930822761_1140392157_n.jpg

Very slick looking...high quality stuff that's made in the USA. :P

@ IBMedic:

Some People, like those from Germnay or New Zealand, don't have a choice in the Semi question. I'd love to have a working burst, but it just ain't gonna happen

@ Reppy:

what gas and BBs did you get the 280 fps with? And where can one get the valve other than Evike (preferably in a place NOT Stateside)