KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

If you use green gas, the gun's going to get plenty of lube...including the hop bucking. LoL!

Seeing as the loading nozzle gets pulled back, I would think that the stock plastic/rubber piston head would cushion the impact of the loading nozzle. If you replace it with something harder...shock might get transferred to the plastic loading nozzle and boom! Who knows though...

The stock part is holding up fine. No issues with it and seeing a how it lasts...I'll just get an OEM replacement when its time.

Thats a bloody good point Snoop.

Hmmm made me think that over now. But isnt the bit it would 'hit' be the steel bolt?

Wouldnt mind Falcon coming out with a hop rubber and TB could do with a touch more range. Also dont have the best confidence in KWA rubbers lasting...

One thing is for sure I feel bad for people with Inokatsus/ steel WOCs...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thats a bloody good point Snoop. Hmmm made me think that over now. But isnt the bit it would 'hit' be the steel bolt? Wouldnt mind Falcon coming out with a hop rubber and TB could do with a touch more range. Also dont have the best confidence in KWA rubbers lasting... One thing is for sure I feel bad for people with Inokatsus/ steel WOCs... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The bolt carrier is supposedly steel. The bolt.....or should I say, loading nozzle assembly isn't.

The way I look at it, my piston lid has lasted over 5000 rounds and is still in pretty darn good shape. It'll last longer...since it lasts, why not replace it with the same part as its proven to last? It'd probably also be a cheaper replacement....more so with me as I'm in the US though

If I'm not mistaken, the hop bucking for the KWA LM4 and KWA KRISS are similar...possibly compatible. I have one of those Guarder hop buckings for the KSC/KWA M4 GBB's on hand and 3 more coming in some time next week as well as my KWA LM4C GBB. I'd install it but I already have my hop up set for the tracer .25g BBs that I use through my gun. I don't really feel like checking for parts compatibility at this point as my gun works well.

I've never had any KWA hop bucking swell on me. I use propane exclusively. I lube what needs lubing manually when I take down the guns. The last KSC/KWA pistol I owned was a Glock 17 with the OEM Metal Slide with full trademarks from 2003. My buddy has it now. Other KWA GBB's I owned before I let that go included a couple of KWA MP7's and a KWA MP9. My time with those guns were pretty short lived. Probably ran less than 2000 rounds through em before selling em. They were more of "to try out" guns.

Good point chap. Im not one to frivolously install parts any how, somtimes just like to talk it through.

Personally every KWA ive had has had a hop swell, I also only run Propane with a couple tiny drops of silicone. As you do only greese when I take down keeping it well away from the hop unit.

Not sure why...

I know the hop design is the same, just don't know if the actually rubber is.

Still need to properly set my hop...

I'm getting the vipe that this was my fault...? Can't recall any nozzle breaking from any of my other GBBs... besides... it's hard to overload a KWA magazine since if I load it to the max, the loader button won't disengage even if I press it as the BBs are still pushing it back.. am I alone in thinking that something is wrong with my gun... lemon nozzle? I mean... it did break with less than 50 rounds..

I'd say lemon nozzle as well.

The piece that broke gets chambered  into the middle of the feed ramp so an over loaded mag would hit a few mm past the tip of the bb extractor so over loading should not have caused this.

Unfortunately, there probably wont be spares available for a while :( Who knows if the retailer you bought it from will do what Echigoya did for me when my TM MP7 nozzle broke. Echigoya took a loading nozzle assembly off of one of their TM MP7's and sent it to me postage paid after reading in my review on Arnies that my nozzle busted after  little use....I didn't have to contact them. They contacted me about replacement. How cool was that?! For anything Marui, I'm buying from them.

• Like 3

For those who aren't familia, one of my favourite up and coming airsoft accessory company "Wii-tech" is producing an aluminium CNC nozzle for the Kriss, I have just contacted them about it and they said they already had plans for it and will be releasing them late March early April. I've got their CNC nozzle for the TM XDM, which is absolutely fantastic, they aren't straight clones, so the design had been simplified and reinforced (no funny bits with tiny screw on top like the standard TM design, they've gone for a more GHK AK style nozzle, spring, valve and pin) So that's good news for anyone who has had or will have the issue I've experienced... 

*oh and wii-tech has their own shop, including one on ebay, I love it when I can buy directly from the manufacturer.

Edited by blobface

I've pretty much bought any metal nozzle I could find for most of my GBBs... they do require a bit of filing to ensure they work perfectly, but I swear by metal nozzles, when people have their bb's smashed up, it's more to do with the chamber and feeder alignment. As for cool down... I'm can't see it being affected.. at least not on a level where it's noticeable, metal doesn't make things cold, it simply conducts better, so on a cold day, you could argue the environment inside the nozzle would reach the temperature of its surrounding quicker than a plastic one, but it also means it warms quicker if the outside is warmer... 

Ill pass on a metal nozzle for the kriss. The stock loading nozzle holds up just fine. Metal would also mean heavier...itll further eat up gas. Forget the simplified kjw type nozzles. .the tm design allows for more consistent shot per shot fps output....now if we made a plastic nozzle that has the marui type flute valve.....then id definitely be interested :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, my kriss turned up today, gonna say, i love it.  I am gagging to get up to my site this weekend now :D

However, and sorry if this has been covered already, didn't remember seeing it, the charging handle on it seems seriously stiff.  I have seen the advice that i shouldn't extend it all the way out and should pull from the base so was doing that.  But it seems really hard to pull it back and the bolt doesn't seem to slide forward under it's own steam, i have to push the handle back to the front.

Seems to shoot ok though.  Any ideas?  is this normal or do i need to drop some of the oil on it somewhere?

New gun = strip, clean and oil. GBBRs ship dry from the factory (not quite sure why; maybe to lessen the risk of oil seeping into the packaging?) and should be cleaned, checked for swarf, burrs, seamlines and other manufacturing messes you can quickly and easily tidy up, and then oiled before shooting.