KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Yeah that stuff. I prefer to try and run everything on propane so I don't have to buy different gases. However, just stripped it all the way and regreased, still only getting 2/3 of a mag shot before it runs out of gas, was, room temp mag as well. I'm gonna put the stock nozzle back in tonight and test to see if that's why it's not working properly. If that's not it, then I dunno :-\ Nice rig snoopy, will probably order one of them at some point

Righteo, Dropped the stock nozzle back in.  Full mag just fired on semi/2 round happily and with gas to spare.

So it seems that the Dangerwerx nozzle isn't quite right for lowering the power of the kirss :/

Righteo, Dropped the stock nozzle back in.  Full mag just fired on semi/2 round happily and with gas to spare.

So it seems that the Dangerwerx nozzle isn't quite right for lowering the power of the kirss :/

My original is pretty much only good for the M9/Mp7/Mp9.  

I am still working on an LM4/Kriss Valve. 

It depends on personal preference, really. I have both, the Kriss is a bit more accurate and has a bit more range but the MP9 is much smaller, easier to carry mags, fairly accurate, and incredibly reliable. Had it for a year and a half and had no problems, it's substantially more compact, easier to reload quickly, etc... on that note, I love my Kriss and it's my new primary, never been a big fan of running the MP9 as a primary.

I can actually do a performance comparison if you want, they're both here.

Edited by PreacherMan

Hate to double post, but this is pertinent-

Shot a message to Angry Gun about a possible design for a Kriss extended magazine catch (AR15 style, can be hit with fire control finger). They sounded like they really like the idea, so I'm whipping up some designs right now. Any engineering types want to take a look at it in a few hours, make sure everything's hunky dory before I send it back to them?

Is that the actual Kriss flute valve or still the Mp7/9 one?

Also, does this work akin to the NPAS for WAs or WEs, where less fps translates into more blowback power (making the gun more reliable in low temps)?

The DangerWerx is the same one for the MP7 and MP9 and all the other NS2 systems.  The stock flute valve is the same part as the stock ones in the MP9 and MP7 as well.

I'm not sure if the NPAS in the vector translates into more power, as I haven't had experience with the WA and WE GBBRs.

KWA's NS2 system is already quite good at using the available power quite efficiently, I haven't seen any cool down effects or incomplete cycles using my Vector or any other KWA with NS2 system (MP7 and MP9) in cool weather (can't say the same for my KJW M4 though).  Our indoor arena is probably 15C during the winter months here.

Hate to double post, but this is pertinent-

Shot a message to Angry Gun about a possible design for a Kriss extended magazine catch (AR15 style, can be hit with fire control finger). They sounded like they really like the idea, so I'm whipping up some designs right now. Any engineering types want to take a look at it in a few hours, make sure everything's hunky dory before I send it back to them?

Did you do the plans? I'm intrigued.

The DangerWerx is the same one for the MP7 and MP9 and all the other NS2 systems.  The stock flute valve is the same part as the stock ones in the MP9 and MP7 as well.

Was wondering this myself as we had Dangerwerx himself say he is still working on the kriss valve and that it's not quite perfected., litterally the previous page of this thread.

I'll be honest, i've sold on my mp9, but i reckon the kriss flute seemed shorted than the mp9 one, and therefore the dangerwerx was much longer in comparison.  Probably just my memory though lol

The dangerwerx valve is slightly longer than the stock flute valve, but not by much and it still accomplishes the same task... lowering FPS:

here's a shot from my Kriss valve swap tutorial:

http://6mm-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/step09-1024x768.jpg

I'm fairly certain that the stock flute valve in the NS2 system is the same one across the board.  I have yet to come across one that looks significantly longer than the other.

DangerWerx hasn't mentioned anything about the valves being any different either, he posted in this thread as well:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/208451-how-to-kriss-vector-lower-fps-with-valve-swap/

The idea behind the valve is pre-engaging the system to close sooner. Less gas escaping the front of the cylinder decreases FPS. A valve longer than stock will do that.

The problem is that length is only 1 issue and local temperature is also a variable that contributes to fps output. 

I tend to have the valves produce an fps lower than CQB legal to account for temps. A cqb valve that produces 330FPS at 60*F is going to be too hot if the player plays in 85*F+ weather. 

The current valve will work, but once it becomes hotter, the FPS output might increase.   

I am working with local players and retailers with my beta valves now to find a good temp range that will satisfy temps of the hotter regions. I am currently on my 3rd revision and waiting on feedback from testers. 

I'd have these out sooner, but I am only 1 guy and these things take time. 

No sweat, man. I guess most of us are battling temps too low for GBB use right now, not too high. If I understand correctly, the valve insert you make cuts off gas flow to the front earlier (lower fps) and redirects the gas flow to the back. Which should translate into more power for the recoil/reload action. Not neccessarily stronger recoil, but more reliable and stable in low temperatures. I like!

No sweat, man. I guess most of us are battling temps too low for GBB use right now, not too high. If I understand correctly, the valve insert you make cuts off gas flow to the front earlier (lower fps) and redirects the gas flow to the back. Which should translate into more power for the recoil/reload action. Not neccessarily stronger recoil, but more reliable and stable in low temperatures. I like!

Not exactly. It is all relative.

The strength of the redirected gas has a HUGE effect on the output speed of a .2-.3 gram BB, but the mass of a bolt is leagues heavier.

The increased power is something that can probably be shown on paper, but negligible in practice. Drop of water to fill a thimble vs drop of water to fill a cup kind of thing. 

I've never approached the issue mathematically. It's more something I observed with RA-Tech's NPAS-System for the WA. In case you're unfamiliar, there is a screwable component in the nozzle, moving the velve forward or backward. forward=less fps, backward more FPS. Point is, at some point not far backwards from the middle position (as seen from the gas entry window of the nozzle), the Bolt Assembly starts to recoil unreliably. It is possible to move the valve further back, but then, the bolt will no longer work properly.

By "reliable" work I mean that the bolt still catches on empty. Since it's an AR system, the bolt catches very far back, maybe a few mm off the most backwards position.

So a very low FPS with the NPAS does translate in a lot of gas being guided out through the rear, making the bolt carrier catch more reliably.

Sure a BB is easier to propel than the bolt, but the bolt doesn't have to move at speed of several hundred feet per second. I mean, this is how the system works, right? Gas expands towards the rear and pushes the bolt back. More gas, more power in the backwards motion. The effect is likely less pronounced on heavier BCGs and likely even less pronounced on the multi-vector recoil action of the Kriss, but every bit counts...

I've never approached the issue mathematically. It's more something I observed with RA-Tech's NPAS-System for the WA. In case you're unfamiliar, there is a screwable component in the nozzle, moving the velve forward or backward. forward=less fps, backward more FPS. Point is, at some point not far backwards from the middle position (as seen from the gas entry window of the nozzle), the Bolt Assembly starts to recoil unreliably. It is possible to move the valve further back, but then, the bolt will no longer work properly.

By "reliable" work I mean that the bolt still catches on empty. Since it's an AR system, the bolt catches very far back, maybe a few mm off the most backwards position.

So a very low FPS with the NPAS does translate in a lot of gas being guided out through the rear, making the bolt carrier catch more reliably.

Sure a BB is easier to propel than the bolt, but the bolt doesn't have to move at speed of several hundred feet per second. I mean, this is how the system works, right? Gas expands towards the rear and pushes the bolt back. More gas, more power in the backwards motion. The effect is likely less pronounced on heavier BCGs and likely even less pronounced on the multi-vector recoil action of the Kriss, but every bit counts...

I am familiar with the npas, my valves are pretty much fixed position npas units :)  

In my observations with the Ns2 engines, the redirected gas load is negligible. 

Anyways. 

The Kriss valve will probably end up having a valve different from the LM4. 

Fingers crossed I'll have a good version coming soon. 

Hi guys and gals, while waiting for my vector to arrive in the mail i have come across a chance to buy a cheap as dirt kjw MK23, the price of admission is worth it for the supressor alone (not to mention saving myself alot of grief by getting a loaner pistol). However, i have no way of knowing if it will fit the vector, any of you kind souls care to enlighten me?