KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

Last time I visited ehobby in HK they had a Kriss out in the open for any one to test shoot, I was told they went through 3 guns because after a while, all the guns' 2rd burst stopped working, the guy said the "gear" had stripped, so it looks like it's an inevitable issue until someone releases good quality internals... while I know they are already ferrous metal, it might not necessarily mean it's good quality steel... my nozzle exploded on the first day, I don't really think the QC of this gun was the greatest.. but I'm sure lots of 3rd party goodness are to follow sooner or later. 

This is precisely why I NEVER preorder guns. It is like buying the latest model car, YOU are the guy who finds out that it has a million problems. 

I wait a few months until it's reputation has evolved to something reliable. 

-Hawaiian

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

hawaiianjuggernaut, on 12 Mar 2013 - 23:09, said:

This is precisely why I NEVER preorder guns. It is like buying the latest model car, YOU are the guy who finds out that it has a million problems.

I wait a few months until it's reputation has evolved to something reliable.

-Hawaiian

Well arnt you just dull. You only live once. Sometimes works out! Remember the TSI Tavor? I pre-ordered that, then cancelled it (phew!) but it arrived anyway, emailed them and they said there was no point sending it back as I refused to cover return shipping costs.

Had another look inside, nothing at all looks damaged. No chunks of metal, no metal dust, not even so much as any paint missing.

All looks perfectly fine. Semi works fine, 100 rounds never skipped a beat, auto is fine 100 rounds the same. Just no sign of burst.

That 'gear' I looked no damage...

Any ideas?

I was trying to get on the KWA forum but that stupid Capatcha thing wont work!!

Edited by bankz5152

Oh yeah of course I will!

Ive emailed KWA see what they have to say, with any luck it is just a little gear or sear or somthing small like that (hopefully an easy install too!) Then I can buy a couple..

The Kriss is the most complicated GBBR I have looked at though..

Well arnt you just dull. You only live once. Sometimes works out! Remember the TSI Tavor? I pre-ordered that, then cancelled it (phew!) but it arrived anyway, emailed them and they said there was no point sending it back as I refused to cover return shipping costs.

Had another look inside, nothing at all looks damaged. No chunks of metal, no metal dust, not even so much as any paint missing.

All looks perfectly fine. Semi works fine, 100 rounds never skipped a beat, auto is fine 100 rounds the same. Just no sign of burst.

That 'gear' I looked no damage...

Any ideas?

I was trying to get on the KWA forum but that stupid Capatcha thing wont work!!

These kinds of issues are really worrying in terms of what they say about the design.

If something fails on a gun, there should be some clear indication of cause, something that broke off ideally.

Cause otherwise it points towards a slight misalignment or some lapse in timing etc.  Stuff that can happen a lot more frequently and are a lot harder to do preventive maintenance against.

• Like 1

Holy crud: 

Saw this on the local craigslist:

3Ec3Fd3Ie5O15E55H1d3ffd8ddf479a2b12ca.jp

Part list the guy gives:

Future Energy (FE) Heavy Gauge Steel Recoil Spring
Future Energy (FE) Copper Nozzle Piston
Hephaestus Recoil Power Kit
KWA 345mm x 6.05mm Inner Barrel

Accessories:
2 50rd Magazines 
Custom VAC Steel Fore Guard
Magpul AFG
AAC Steel Forward Hand-Grip
JBU Mock Suppressor
AVP Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight
Sight Mount Rail Raiser
Blackhawk! Single Point Bungee Sling
Fobus Industries Dual Magazine Holster
16mm to 14mm Threaded Adapter

Gun shoots at 495 FPS on .25g

Hes asking $750 lol.

After dealing with KWA..I will never purchase anything from them again.

After a 3 month long wait on a part, for a gun that broke 10 min after opening the box I finally had the "priveledge" of PURCHASING the part. Thanks to KWA for their stellar customer service, instead of taking care of the customer after a long, brutal, and frustrating wait of having to chase after them for the part. Not once ever updating me on the status, or even telling me when it came in. Each week I had to take time out to update my ticket asking about the part. Each time was told in a few weeks. Wasting more of my time, while a brand new gun sat on my desk like a $325+ paperweight.

Finally when the part comes in...I'm told my gun is no longer in warranty because its passed its 45 day period, and I took the orange tip off. Mind you...I had to scrape the orange off to be able to even put the flashhider cover on. Plus its not completely off, nor painted over. The orange paint was too thick to put cover on.

Thankfully, the part is ONLY $18, but it's the principle that the gun should have been working from day one, not costing me MORE money to have what I payed for in the first place. KWA also feels they did me a great FAVOR for getting the part in the first place.

So here's a warning to all...never buy a pre-order item from KWA ever! They will not have any parts for it if it turns out to be a lemon. If your gun breaks, it will sit there for 3-6 months until they finally get parts from the factory, and that comes directly from their mouth. They will apologize and apologize, but when it comes to actually giving good customer service...they fail.

Well to be honest Sonny, if the part breaks, it's going to break again, you might have more luck waiting yet a little longer for 3rd party upgrades.. my loading nozzle broke during my first mag, but after all this is airsoft, expecting things to work the first time and last forever is pure fantasy... as the saying doesn't go, if it's not broke, fix it before it breaks another part.  

Well to be honest Sonny, if the part breaks, it's going to break again, you might have more luck waiting yet a little longer for 3rd party upgrades.. my loading nozzle broke during my first mag, but after all this is airsoft, expecting things to work the first time and last forever is pure fantasy... as the saying doesn't go, if it's not broke, fix it before it breaks another part.  

Problem is, I never fired the gun. Not holding companies like this accountable does nothing but help them get away with this type of BS. I know sometimes things happen, but its how the company handles the situation that makes them stand out from others. I have no confidence in KWA anymore after this.

Just because you had a bad experience doesnt mean everyone else will. When a few bits on my MP7 broke I ordered them from KWAs Pro-Shop and had my bits within 2 weeks.

You may have read my Vector lost 2 round burst, contacted KWA and they currently do not have spare parts listed for sale yet, due to it being a brand new gun.

According to the chap I spoke to the Pro-Shop should be fully stocked with Vector spares within the month.

The chap was very helpful in trying to get to the source of the problem, even contacted EHobby (as aparently a few of their guns lost 2rnd burst too). Waiting to hear back.

--Update 2-round Burst --

Had a proper look inside my Vector, removed the trigger mech -

No damage, no ware, no bits missing. Not so much as a scratch of paint missing.....

No idea why the 2rd burst stopped working. I did work out that on some testing it did fire 2rd burst, 4rd burst, 7rd burst all randomly inc full auto.

All a mystery...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by bankz5152
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot semi auto exclusively. The two round burst is pretty much for show as is full auto. Lol.

On a side note...I installed a maple leaf hop bucking and tensioner on my lm4 (same type of hop bucking and tensioner as the kriss v) and it made a world of difference. I should have picked up two...now its out of stock :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2